2022 Tropical Storm and Hurricane Thread

Hate

This is the GFS (American model) that shows a major hurricane making landfall in South Texas over labor day weekend.  The GFS is not a great model for tropical storms and it is 10 days out, but there are more than a few other models that see "something" forming in the GOM sometime next week.  The EURO doesn't show anything, but the last couple of years it hasn't been good sniffing these storms out.  It's still pretty good once a storm does form so it is something to keep an eye on. 

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_44.png

Edited by Hate

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

I bought some hurricane supplies yesterday !

Toilet paper and beer? I kid.

What did you get. We had a good thread going with some smart people talking about emergency supplies. This is FEMA's list. I would take this as a minimum. One thing I added to mine is a camping pellet stove. No matter what, they work. I also make some additional components like water proof fire starting kits. 

https://www.fema.gov/press-release/20210318/how-build-kit-emergencies

21 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I have water and dry goods / foods. Having a gas stove helps. Need some instant coffee 

if you have gas get a stove top percolator and a few bricks of Cafe Bustello. Cheap solution, better coffee, and lasts for a long time. 

2 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

There is no mention of booze in that FEMA doc. 

Depends how you read it. I have it under the medicine category 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/28/2022 at 8:21 AM, Hate said:

There isn’t much to report at the moment. I don’t think much is expected as far as impact to Texas with any of these storms. The latest Euro shows we all get some rain this week.

dbb63c42f66286a9a530b1e9ad777b07.jpg

Honestly…… the last few years I haven’t paid much attention, but we really need a light hurricane season with the combination of inflation, high gas prices, and most people on surly wanting the dems to do well in November.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Orange&White said:

You guys remember all of the fun times we've had discussing the accuracy of the ... <checks notes> .....CMC Model?

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gem

image.thumb.jpeg.16722da49a7c829479b93283a814f25d.jpeg

Yeah but run it from about Sept 20 (smashing Key West) to the very end, and you will see it hitting the forcefield and seemingly heading for Tampico or Vera Cruz

The models are split right now on where this goes.  If it strengthens at all, it should turn north and then out into the open Atlantic as a fish storm.  If it continues west and gets shredded by the mountains of PR, DR, and Haiti, then it could re-emerge in the gulf and form again.  It's way too early to know for sure. although most of the pros I follow think this is a fish storm.

5 hours ago, Hate said:

The models are split right now on where this goes.  If it strengthens at all, it should turn north and then out into the open Atlantic as a fish storm.  If it continues west and gets shredded by the mountains of PR, DR, and Haiti, then it could re-emerge in the gulf and form again.  It's way too early to know for sure. although most of the pros I follow think this is a fish storm.

Bitch is going to curve north like a good Dominican curveball (or evening of drinking rum) and flood England. FEMA and CNN will still call for emergency preparedness in El Paso. 

Hope I am wrong, but..... 

12 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Bitch is going to curve north like a good Dominican curveball (or evening of drinking rum) and flood England. FEMA and CNN will still call for emergency preparedness in El Paso. 

Hope I am wrong, but..... 

Any idea on whether or not they will have the Queen in the ground by then?  Man, them Poms are dragging this shit out.,