Oh hell yeah. Bruce and the boys are hitting the road

Gil Bang

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1528913436394065922

NEW YORK (AP) — The Boss is hitting the road again, and the band is coming with him.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band announced Monday that they will begin an arena tour in February in the United States, followed by stadium shows beginning in April in Europe.

Few details about cities the rockers will visit were announced, but it’ll be the first time the group has toured since wrapping The River Tour in Australia in February 2017.

“After six years, I’m looking forward to seeing our great and loyal fans next year,” Springsteen said in a statement.

The European concerts will begin April 28th in Barcelona. Other stops in Europe will include Dublin, Paris, Rome, Amsterdam and Copenhagen. The tour plans several shows in Britain, but exact cities weren’t announced.

No details on which U.S. cities the tour will travel to were announced, but North American dates will be split into two segments. The second leg of that tour will begin in August.

The group’s last release was the 2020 album “Letter to You.”

• Like 1

I've actually never seen him live.  I know, I know . . . . avatar does not check out.

Funny story, though.  In late 2002, I was living in Dallas and I had a first date lined up with my eventual wife (now ex wife).  I picked her up at her place late afternoon, but left my Blackberry and cell phone at home.  This was before the age when most folks carried your mobile devices with them at all time, and I certainly wasn't that guy back then.  It turned out to be one of the best first dates of my life, and it went so well that I stayed at her place until the morning, talking into the late hour, drinking wine, and then some making out (no sex, but very blue balls). 

I come home to find my Blackberry had blown up with emails from an attorney at my firm who had tickets to the Springsteen show the night before at American Airlines Center for his Rising Tour.  He couldn't make it, and knew I was a huge fan and offered them to me.  He followed up with several more emails finally ending with something like, "Going once, going twice . . . ."  I instantly felt horrible, but that dissipated because I was so smitten with this woman.  I even told her about the concert offer, and, given that I had already told her how huge of a Springsteen fan I was, she said that she would have 100% given me a pass if I bailed on our date to go to the show, and would have gladly rescheduled our date.

So that's as close as I've been to seeing one of my musical heroes. 

29 minutes ago, Bookman said:

I saw him once, in 2016. He sounded great and played for like three and a half hours.

We saw him around that same time, too. I was surprised with tickets for my birthday. He walked onstage with all of the flexibility of the Tin Man from “Wizard of Oz”.  I thought “This dude’s going to die of a heart attack right here in front of thousands of his fans.”  
Instead he played nonstop. I think the concert started at 8:00 and ended at 11:30. One of the best shows I have ever attended. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

We saw him around that same time, too. I was surprised with tickets for my birthday. He walked onstage with all of the flexibility of the Tin Man from “Wizard of Oz”.  I thought “This dude’s going to die of a heart attack right here in front of thousands of his fans.”  
Instead he played nonstop. I think the concert started at 8:00 and ended at 11:30. One of the best shows I have ever attended. 

It's amazing the endurance some of these guys have.  I last saw Willie Nelson when he was about the same age Bruce is now.  He's not as active on stage, but I was amazed at how he kept blowing through songs with little breaks in between and played for a good two hours. 

I'd love to see him, but now that the Big Man's dead, it doesn't seem like it would be the same.
His nephew Jake does an admirable job in his own right. And honestly, Clarence wasn't the same near the end. He was losing the high notes & couldn't do much more than sit on a stool, play the tambourine & look cool (no problem there).

I've never seen Bruce or E Street anywhere but Texas. Mrs GOTJ and I are already talking about going for it and incorporating a trip to Ireland next year & seeing them in Dublin in early May.