[News/Updates] Mass Shooting at Robb Elementary Uvalde - 5/24/2022

Ghost of LL

That approach is standard for anyone in a shitty location or in response. Even doing development our gear is checked, rechecked and secured. And there have been places where we carry a lot of damn gear. 

Just finished an equipment review for a group going into Somalia. They are carrying two radios each with extra batteries, medical kits, pistol, AK with a combat load, etc. Basically a grunt's load without the super secret shit we don't need. On top of what each person is carrying every member of the expat team carries another "team item" like a  satellite radio. Another has solar panels and back up batteries. 

Rule of thumb. CHECK AND SECURE YOUR FUCKING GEAR. 

• Hook 'Em 4

i still just can't get over the police response and the various threats made by the local gov and the police against some of the mothers and journalists. wtf. the latter is actual censorship that many bitch and complain about every fucking time some doesn't agree with them.

the former is the culture of the police we have been complaining about since forever on every goddamn iteration of the board. 

and here we are. dicks in hand. nothing. just nothing. at least school is out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

So you think a million bucks in fortifications buys those kids what, five or ten more minutes, of safety before getting blasted? Gonna need beaucoup bux to cover UPD's response time, hombre.

Also, we shouldn't fortify schools. We should make society less dangerous. Fucking ridiculous. 

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

32 minutes ago, Captainant said:

So you think a million bucks in fortifications buys those kids what, five or ten more minutes, of safety before getting blasted? Gonna need beaucoup bux to cover UPD's response time, hombre.

Also, we shouldn't fortify schools. We should make society less dangerous. Fucking ridiculous. 

Hey dumbfuck, read BlackLab’s post just above mine.

This is news about Uvalde, thus it goes in this thread. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 9

City of Uvalde hiring lawyers to fight freedom of information requests.  The city claims that releasing body cam footage or other info would be highly embarrassing. I would be cautious about donating money to the Uvalde tragedy without being 100% certain how the funds are going to be spent. A donation might go to protect the city and pd.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/88q95p/uvalde-contracts-private-law-firm-to-argue-it-doesnt-have-to-release-school-shooting-public-records

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I’ve seen this going around on the social medias, is this from an article or a transcript?

it references this article but is not from it: https://www.texastribune.org/2022/06/09/uvalde-chief-pete-arredondo-interview/

FVlNoFFWUAEFlQH?format=jpg&name=large

FVlNoE7WAAcAj_q?format=jpg&name=large

I can understand trying to identify the master key by first testing it out on another door but that whole situation points out how poorly they prepared. Shouldn’t a master key be painted a different color.  Shouldn’t the school cops already have a master key and not individual keys. They shouldn’t have to identify the master in the first place.

their security plan seems to failed as soon as the killer walked into a classroom and locked the door behind him.

Contract a security auditor to check out the security status of the school. Of course why should an arrogant school police lead bring someone in from the outside to tell him how to do a better job.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

On 6/19/2022 at 8:14 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I can understand trying to identify the master key by first testing it out on another door but that whole situation points out how poorly they prepared. Shouldn’t a master key be painted a different color.  Shouldn’t the school cops already have a master key and not individual keys. They shouldn’t have to identify the master in the first place.

their security plan seems to failed as soon as the killer walked into a classroom and locked the door behind him.

Contract a security auditor to check out the security status of the school. Of course why should an arrogant school police lead bring someone in from the outside to tell him how to do a better job.

The killer never locked the door.

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

I've read that some mass shooters actually perform their shooting because they want to be shot/killed by the cops. Obviously there are other ways to off yourself but this is what they do. It's possible the Uvalde shooter was himself confused why the police weren't coming in for him.

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

The door could still have been locked. Just because the door can't be locked from the inside doesn't mean much. In our school the doors are always locked and then just held cracked open with a stopper so you can come and go. But if it latches it is already locked and would need a key to enter. Most schools are supposed to work that way these days. That way anyone can immediately secure a door regardless of whether they have a key.

48 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

The door could still have been locked. Just because the door can't be locked from the inside doesn't mean much. In our school the doors are always locked and then just held cracked open with a stopper so you can come and go. But if it latches it is already locked and would need a key to enter. Most schools are supposed to work that way these days. That way anyone can immediately secure a door regardless of whether they have a key.

Based on the cooperation of the Uvalde local cops (school and town), I doubt we will ever get a clear accounting on what happened that day.

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Based on the cooperation of the Uvalde local cops (school and town), I doubt we will ever get a clear accounting on what happened that day.

It's starting to drip drip drip out of the police's tight grip on the information.

Turns out they're a bunch of fucking cowards who had ballistic shields and rifles in the school, and then retreated for some unknowable reason to allow more children to be slaughtered.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

Here's the KVUE article

Exclusive: Officers arrived at Uvalde school with rifles, ballistic shield 9 minutes after gunman

Multiple police officers stood in a hallway at Robb Elementary School armed with rifles and at least one ballistic shield within nine minutes of a gunman arriving at the campus, according to documents reviewed by the American-Statesman, a devastating new revelation deepening questions about why police didn’t act faster to stop the shooter who killed 19 children and two teachers.

Even as officers with high-powered weapons and ballistic shields massed inside the blue and green hallway, the gunman could be heard firing rounds — including at 12:21 p.m. — 29 minutes before officers entered the classroom and killed him.

Investigators say the latest information indicates officers had more than enough firepower and protection to take down the gunman long before they finally did.

Authorities have produced the most extensive timeline yet since the 18-year-old armed with an AR-15 walked into the Uvalde school on May 24, shattering a South Texas town and reigniting the gun debate nationwide.

Much of the new information is expected to be presented at a Texas Senate hearing Tuesday, the first of two consecutive days of hearings at the Capitol that will give members of the public their first opportunity to address lawmakers on gun violence and related issues. 

https://www.uvaldetx.gov/government/city_departments/uvalde_police_department.php

The City of Uvalde Police Department serves the community by protecting citizens and property, preventing crime, enforcing laws, and maintaining order. The Uvalde Police Department is committed to provide superior police service to the public in order to protect life, property and the freedoms provided by the Constitution.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Deej said:

But all the cops made it home safely.

"Fuck those kids!", said the Uvalde PD. 

JFC, there were what, seven officers with long guns and shields against a single kid.  god damn man, you go in.  You go.  That's it.  Full stop.  That's the job.  

The thing about the radio drives me fucking crazy.  That guy was there to lead.  How the fuck can he do that when he can't even communicate/coordinate to his team?  

You want to get wild, drive a squad car up to the outside door as a feint to batter the door and come in from the inside.  Create a diversion.  Throw a flash bang.

At the end of the day they had all the tools and NONE of the training.  They had body armor and shields, but didn't know fuck all how to coordinate with them inside a building, which is what they were created for.  They fucked this up seven ways to Sunday

11 hours ago, freyguy said:

https://www.uvaldetx.gov/government/city_departments/uvalde_police_department.php

The City of Uvalde Police Department serves the community by protecting citizens and property, preventing crime, enforcing laws, and maintaining order. The Uvalde Police Department is committed to provide superior police service to the public in order to protect life, property and the freedoms provided by the Constitution.

Protecting my constitutional freedoms is exactly what I want from my small town police dept. </sarcasm>

I would bet my life that any Uvalde cop couldn't come close to naming the Bill of Rights.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1