Generation Kill: Best and Worst Characters

Figured this show has earned its way into deserving its own thread and I didn't find one.

Best: Kind of obvious. Fick, Iceman, Elvis for comic relief.

Worst: There are some shitty characters on this show but I believe Casey Kasem is the worst by far.  Encino Man is a moron and Captain America is a little bitch but that dude is a conniving little asshole. 

Brad, the Iceman, the unflappable platoon leader. 

Ray, the comedic effect.

Fick, the only competent officer, who listened to his non-coms and stopped (or at least did his best to stop) the shit rolling down from his superiors from hitting his men.

Doc, Espera, Rudy, Scribe... the ones I'm forgetting at the moment...

So many characters, all great in their own way.

So many great lines, but this one always makes me lulz:

"Ray... the battalion commander offered no sit-rep as to J.Lo's status."

Edited by Dutch
  • Haha 2

My other recollection, and this is more from the book, was how it was a near miracle that the unit the reporter was following had no one killed even though they were being thrown into harms way over and over for reasons that weren't entirely rational.  Really highlighted that not only were these guys badasses, but they were brilliant tactically (as well as a little lucky).

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/25/2022 at 9:51 AM, Frank The Tank said:

Wasn’t he an actual Recon Marine playing himself in the show? Pretty badass. 

So was Godfather's aide-de-camp, Major Todd Eckloff, who was played by Benjamin Busch, who had a lower rank but did two tours. Busch also played a meathead detective in The Wire and is an acclaimed author and photographer.

image.jpeg.1f96040ab075095fd483d8ac8f40af2c.jpeg

image.jpeg.69ae3d2b5f80f603aab42b2eedf0b2fe.jpeg

Sixta's accent was just too ridiculous. I grew up bouncing back and forth between Tennessee and Texas and I never heard anything like it anywhere. And he's a diddler too so fuck both the actor and the character.