2022 Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

32 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Ugh, horrid end to our season, hope we’re ready for a run, but you got us right where you want us.

Well we'll see. We felt pretty confident going into our last series against you and we saw how that went.

Hope Hansen massively improves on his Friday start from that series.

It is nice that since something is actually at stake for us this year in the tournament our fans are fired up for it.

Usually I am all fired up for us to win it and half of you are like "can we intentionally throw this stupid tournament so we can rest out pitchers for the Regional?"

1 minute ago, zlavydra said:

In always-riveting RPI news, the Cocks lost last night, so I think we ended up where we started (#21).

Well if we are ever in a situation where we need South Carolina to win anything, we probably have already lost.

Anyway let's do it ourselves.

11 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

In always-riveting RPI news, the Cocks lost last night, so I think we ended up where we started (#21).

9 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Well if we are ever in a situation where we need South Carolina to win anything, we probably have already lost.

Anyway let's do it ourselves.

They lost embarrassingly too.  Hosed a runner at the plate on a sac fly to CF but catcher dropped the ball after the tag.  Run scores, Florida wins in the 11th

Edited by Js1

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Hmmm…looking at this pitchers game log and he hasn’t been too bad aside from a blowup against BYU early in the year. Did OSU move him into the rotation these last few weeks? He’s thrown in quite a few conference games 

Started strong, got rocked and sent to the pen, I think he’s starting because our regular day 2 starter Osmond is out this week.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Yev Kassem said:

This announcer somehow manages to combine the worst voice in broadcasting history with the energy of a small town market top 40 DJ

I can't get past it.  I'm usually pretty chill when it comes to announcers, but this guy is truly distractingly awful.  Like, how in the world did you get this far without someone sitting you down and telling you straight up you have no future as an announcer.  Is ESPN that hard up for announcers?  Is he paying ESPN to be able to call this game?  There has to be some kind of back story.

Edited by someguy
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

He sounds like Zoolander

10 minutes ago, Mac8111 said:

This announcer’s voice sucks. Sounds like Will Forte doing a character on SNL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He sounds like Will Forte doing Zoolander. 

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Started strong, got rocked and sent to the pen, I think he’s starting because our regular day 2 starter Osmond is out this week.

Was he hurt? Looks like he only threw 3 innings between mid-April and mid-May.