2022 Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

Just now, UnhappilyMarried said:

RPI up to 11. Would’ve been 21 with an L. W tomorrow will push us into the top 8 range of RPI with a top 30 SOS. 

Let's do it.

Just now, Bregs said:

Going for #43 tomorrow.

Yeah you're right. Same idea though.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

RPI up to 11. Would’ve been 21 with an L. W tomorrow will push us into the top 8 range of RPI with a top 30 SOS. 

Teams ahead of us:  vandy is only 36-21 but are being boosted by a sos of 1. 

Maryland has a sos of 106. 

and ga southern looks solid all around other than they are in the sun belt and how will that be perceived. Do they even submit a regional bid every season, let alone a super bid?

teams with more wins than our current 42:  Tennessee, Oregon state, Maryland. Southern miss down at rpi 20, and then Tx state below that.  There’s a few others but their sos has then way down the rpi list. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

15 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Teams ahead of us:  vandy is only 36-21 but are being boosted by a sos of 1. 

Maryland has a sos of 106. 

and ga southern looks solid all around other than they are in the sun belt and how will that be perceived. Do they even submit a regional bid every season, let alone a super bid?

teams with more wins than our current 42:  Tennessee, Oregon state, Maryland. Southern miss down at rpi 20, and then Tx state below that.  There’s a few others but their sos has then way down the rpi list. 

The Maryland thing is idiotic but whatever. That team should be a national seed.

Edit: Shouldn’t. That was the point I was trying to make. They play in ass conference and played an overall ass schedule. No chance they win 46 games in a real conference 

Edited by hobbes2702

4 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Aggy, but good National coverage none the less.

Is Rogers an aggy? He's definitely a 2%er and always shows a lot of love to the Horns (I mean they are trying to grow their subscriber base and he knows where the bread is buttered in college baseball). 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, salonghorn said:

Who starts tomorrow?

Stevens or Nixon you would think. Only two arms left really before you get to like Sthele and Eckhardt.

They seem content on making Stevens strictly a bullpen guy so maybe they surprise us like today and start Nixon. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Is Rogers an aggy? He's definitely a 2%er and always shows a lot of love to the Horns (I mean they are trying to grow their subscriber base and he knows where the bread is buttered in college baseball). 

Kendall is great. He has an aggy and lives in NW Houston (CS South) but he’s good at what he does 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Stevens or Nixon you would think. Only two arms left really before you get to like Sthele and Eckhardt.

They seem content on making Stevens strictly a bullpen guy so maybe they surprise us like today and start Nixon. 

I would bet it’s Stehle. Seems like we really want to commit to Tristan being our best bullpen arm. Makes sense with his ability to throw strikes

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yes. He is aggy. I think he does an overall good job with D1 but he doesn't like to be challenged on being a bit biased about it either.

Yell Texas Am GIF by Texas A&M University

OU winning tomorrow would really complicate things from a hosting picture. They would have a strong case to host, TCU obviously has a case, OSU with their high RPI and us.

No shot Big 12 gets 4 hosting sites so someone would be squeezed out. Maybe TCU? I just can’t get over the fact their RPI is garbage for a hosting team.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

OU winning tomorrow would really complicate things from a hosting picture. They would have a strong case to host, TCU obviously has a case, OSU with their high RPI and us.

No shot Big 12 gets 4 hosting sites so someone would be squeezed out. Maybe TCU? I just can’t get over the fact their RPI is garbage for a hosting team.

Texas is the only I see as a guaranteed host right now.  I think the B12 will get two hosts, maybe three, but not four.  TCU is looking good for #2 in Collie Station. 

17 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

The Maryland thing is idiotic but whatever. That team should be a national seed.

Edit: Shouldn’t. That was the point I was trying to make. They play in ass conference and played an overall ass schedule. No chance they win 46 games in a real conference 

Just pair us with Maryland if we aren’t a national seed. 

Good chance they lose their regional. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

Texas is the only I see as a guaranteed host right now.  I think the B12 will get two hosts, maybe three, but not four.  TCU is looking good for #2 in Collie Station. 

Has there ever been a case where Big 12 regular season champion didn’t get to host?

2 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

That’s worked out for them before. Coach will be in the other dugout this time though. 

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

No shot Big 12 gets 4 hosting sites so someone would be squeezed out. Maybe TCU.

Right now TCU would be on the outside looking in. 36th in the RPI and 9-17 against the top 50 isn’t going to get you a host

8 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Has there ever been a case where Big 12 regular season champion didn’t get to host?

Not under the current format. Craig talked about this today on the broadcast. Another reason for us to win the second game today as we would've been traveling for sure.

2 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Not under the current format. Craig talked about this today on the broadcast. Another reason for us to win the second game today as we would've been traveling for sure.

I think at this point TCU and Texas are locks as hosts. The conference may or may not get another one depending on who wins tomorrow.

1 minute ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Gonna be a Coy Cobb sighting tomorrow for sure.

He's been in Pierce's doghouse for a couple of years now (why?), but pitched well as freshman and was a weekend starter. (another dig on Sean Allen development)

Eh, he was never really that good as a starter. He’s been more effective since he dropped down his arm slot this year but he’s still had a few blowup outings. He throws strikes though which means something in this pen.

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Yeah, they should be the 16 seed considering their RPI and lack of Q1 wins.

I would bet they are. There’s just no way they don’t get a regional after winning the regular season. Honestly I don’t know how I feel about that. I don’t really think they deserve to host as I’m a proponent of using RPI as much as possible. That said winning your conference has to mean something in this good of a conference 

Just now, zlavydra said:

RPI would be even worse if they hadn't been rained out one game in Tallahassee.

Yeah I think there will be a lot of disappointed TCU fans come selection time. They pretty much won the conference because they went 6-0 against the Kansas schools while everybody else got dinged at-least once. Their resume isn’t good

• Hook 'Em 2