2022 Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

5 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Gonna be a Coy Cobb sighting tomorrow for sure.

He's been in Pierce's doghouse for a couple of years now (why?), but pitched well as freshman and was a weekend starter. (another dig on Sean Allen development)

He changed arm angle and lost about 5mph on his fastball.  Really hard to get downward break on a sidearm curveball and it just scoots across the center of the plate belt high when you miss.  It tends up in the bleachers.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Eh, he was never really that good as a starter. He’s been more effective since he dropped down his arm slot this year but he’s still had a few blowup outings. He throws strikes though which means something in this pen.

Wasn't saying that he had a been Cox, Street, or Shugart, but he has probably deserved more innings this year that what he was used. Especially with some of the bullpen decisions in certain games.

34 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

22 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

That’s good news for Texas. Bad news for OU

Poor Danny, many sites are already set and the decision concerning B12 have been factored in.

I thought we would be good for a regional with just 2 wins at our tourney, but really needed the 3rd today since OSU had knocked off frog. We would be on the outside looking in if OSU had won twice today. Their RPI, 5/6 wins against us (had they won 2-2), playing for the B12 championship, finishing 2nd in regular season, NCAA liking to spread around host sites.....ALL of that would have put us on the road.

We could still be paired with a tough super (which knowing the NCAA, wouldn't surprise me a bit) on the road , as us getting to Omaha they aren't crazy about.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Is Rogers an aggy? He's definitely a 2%er and always shows a lot of love to the Horns (I mean they are trying to grow their subscriber base and he knows where the bread is buttered in college baseball). 

I just can't bring myself to sub. I like some of their stuff but it is so expensive.

22 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

We could still be paired with a tough super (which knowing the NCAA, wouldn't surprise me a bit) on the road , as us getting to Omaha they aren't crazy about.

Yeah they did that in 2018 and 2021 but the big SEC powers they want to send us to lost to Tennessee Tech and South Florida. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herpa Derpa said:

I haven't paid any attention to the other side of the bracket. What's the Sooner arm situation?

I don't know about the arms but I can tell you that everyone on the team can tell you the benefits of a double wide v a single wide and how to clandestinely steal utilities from their neighbors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

I don't know about the arms but I can tell you that everyone on the team can tell you the benefits of a double wide v a single wide and how to clandestinely steal utilities from their neighbors.

God this is perfect. 

1 minute ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Is there such thing as a duplex mobile home?  A doublewide with a partition (probably have to be 2 hour rated, so that's a problem) in the middle and families living on either side?  Just a random thought I just had.

20 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Based on D1s projection this morning we'll likely draw one of the 5 super opponents below. Southern Miss in the 8/9 would be my guess if we can win tomorrow. 

Screenshot_20220528-220550_Chrome.thumb.jpg.534d438ee390c86732ed24f4de06f411.jpg

3 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

I would bet they are. There’s just no way they don’t get a regional after winning the regular season. Honestly I don’t know how I feel about that. I don’t really think they deserve to host as I’m a proponent of using RPI as much as possible. That said winning your conference has to mean something in this good of a conference 

3 hours ago, chase25 said:

Yeah I think there will be a lot of disappointed TCU fans come selection time. They pretty much won the conference because they went 6-0 against the Kansas schools while everybody else got dinged at-least once. Their resume isn’t good

If there’s one year where the regular  season conference champion should get shafted, it’s this one. We choked to okie lite who choked to tcu who choked to ou who choked on dick….

Yeah just no one really took it. Just played hot potato until it landed in tcu’s lap sort of randomly. And their rpi is ass. Fuck em

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And btw aggy is at 17. Seems a stretch to give them a top 8 seed based on winning their division.  That’s like giving tcu a top 8 for winning the conference. 

Yeah and this will be the hypocrisy. TCU will be punished for their RPI and aggy won't because they play in the SEC. Also, aggy is down to #20 in RPI. 

I view the SEC in baseball this year much like softball. Overrated as fuck. There is only 1 legit team in the SEC in baseball and that's it. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 2

We definitely want to be paired with Maryland in the super regional. They are only 3-4 against quadrant 1 teams (RPI) and we are 16-14 as a reference. Maryland plays nobody in the Big 10. 

As another poster already said, Maryland shouldn't get a national seed over us but they probably will. Just pair us with them in the supers and all is good. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

We definitely want to be paired with Maryland in the super regional. They are only 3-4 against quadrant 1 teams (RPI) and we are 16-14 as a reference. Maryland plays nobody in the Big 10. 

As another poster already said, Maryland shouldn't get a national seed over us but they probably will. Just pair us with them in the supers and all is good. 

I have a feeling that whoever they pair us with won't make it out of their own regional.

• Haha 1

Ticket help for old too dumb to Google -

Do I have to use goofy MLB ballpark app like the earlier TX ou series?

Were they sold for whole tournament or were champ game separate?

Figured tcu and tt fans would be dumping tix for cheap....

Just got mine thru Texas Rangers site. Used corporate discount and got tix for $20 per. Regular price is $30. Damn service fee was almost $16 so wasn’t too happy about paying a service fee that was almost equal to the price of the ticket. And yes. After purchase I had to use the MLB app to access my tickets. So I didn’t purchase thru MLB app but had to access it to receive my tickets. Also purchased parking ticket which was $20.
  • Like 1

Also….quick check on stubhub shows tickets starting at $55. So looks like ordering thru Texas rangers site or MLB is still the cheapest route. Even when service fee is added in.

Just now, ztejas said:

Well we started Duplantier yesterday and it worked. I'm just going to assume DP knows more than I do at this point. 

Steal 6 outs with Sthele. 2 innings from Cobb, Lebarron, Nixon then let Stevens polish it off. This tournament has been the perfect little practice for next week and Omaha. Oh and it got us a hosting spot. So fuck yeah let’s do this 

Just now, Horny Bull said:

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Damn. Was hoping Pierce would give me the ball. Guess that whole “not a student at UT…or at all” thing came into play 

Sound like my dad lol. “Might only be able to give you an inning but I promise not a single Sooner is going to be comfortable in the box by the time I’m done”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Sound like my dad lol. “Might only be able to give you an inning but I promise not a single Sooner is going to be comfortable in the box by the time I’m done”

Let’s take your dad to the titty bar of his choosing 

Edit: or whorehouse. I’m sure @Cajun and @ztejas can point us in the right direction there

Edited by Fletch
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Is there such thing as a duplex mobile home?  A doublewide with a partition (probably have to be 2 hour rated, so that's a problem) in the middle and families living on either side?  Just a random thought I just had.

You’ll have to ask OU and/or aggy and/or Arky.