2022 Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

Just now, Fletch said:

Yeah it does but the announcement of hosting while they’re not is gonna make their celebration a tad bit awkward. Like most big 12 tournament games, I’ll have completely forgotten about this by Tuesday as I know every detail about our regional and every potential Omaha outcome…. 

For sure. The tournament is usually the least important part of the season.

But I want to win everything. 

they did what they needed to do to get the host, which was very much in question.  It just sucks we had to trot nixon out there again and watch him fail miserably again against OU for the tournament championship.

maybe next year will be a different story but I wouldn't be totally disappointed if Pierce didn't have that option next year.

new season starting this weekend.  hope we draw a very shitty 4.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

For sure. The tournament is usually the least important part of the season.

But I want to win everything. 

Yeah same. Though typically I want us going 1-2 or 2-2 in this fucker. Get some real games in then pitch guys like Sthele then get home where we’ll be till Omaha. This particular year it actually mattered. And I hate this game but I am finding some humor in ou winning this stupid tournament but like right before they do they find out they don’t get the big prize. We do. 

they did what they needed to do to get the host, which was very much in question.  It just sucks we had to trot nixon out there again and watch him fail miserably again against OU for the tournament championship.
maybe next year will be a different story but I wouldn't be totally disappointed if Pierce didn't have that option next year.

D1 is projecting Oral Roberts Texas State and La Tech

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Yeah like I said earlier. Gimme that regular season championship, win a game or 2 in the big 12 tournament then get home. It’s normally just a stupid scrimmage we don’t need. Just so happens this particular year…

Edited by Fletch

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Yeah same. Though typically I want us going 1-2 or 2-2 in this fucker. Get some real games in then pitch guys like Sthele then get home where we’ll be till Omaha. This particular year it actually mattered. And I hate this game but I am finding some humor in ou winning this stupid tournament but like right before they do they find out they don’t get the big prize. We do. 

I will always remember our dramatic run out of the loser's bracket to win the 2002 Conference tournament that helped springboard our run to the national championship.

So I tend to think winning this tournament is a good sign...2015 the obvious exception but we weren't doing anything that year anyway.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

so it is just the host sites, not the ranking 1-16 right?  that's the one bad thing about this loss as it could affect the #2 we get.

Correct. This one will hurt for seeding. But at least we will be at the Disch. Let's do it.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

I will always remember our dramatic run out of the loser's bracket to win the 2002 Conference tournament that helped springboard our run to the national championship.

So I tend to think winning this tournament is a good sign...2015 the obvious exception but we weren't doing anything that year anyway.

Yeah that fun as fuck. Guess it depends. Obviously winning>>>>losing but in recent years I’ve always looked at this as scrimmage time before buckling down. Ok whatever I’m fucking ready for next weekend 

Just now, petscii said:

I want us to be a top 8 seed, otherwise pair us with Palo Alto or Corvallis.  

I don't think I'm afraid of any possible team in the postseason other than Oklahoma State.

Finishing tied for 5th in B12 probably rules out a top 8 seed though right ? 

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Finishing tied for 5th in B12 probably rules out a top 8 seed though right ? 

Two games out of first.  And a brutal non conference road schedule which looking back on we did ok on...

Edited by petscii

Just now, petscii said:

I don't think I'm afraid of any possible team in the postseason other than Oklahoma State.

we aren't getting a top 8.  had we won today it was possible.  we didn't win our conf(and finished 5th no less) or the tourney and our RPI will be lower than 8.

we shouldn't be afraid of anyone with our lineup but its all going to come down to hansen, gordon, stevens, and harrison IMO.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, petscii said:

Being paired with Tennessee would be rough but hey we beat them before.

I don't think this was a meaningless trophy. In any given year, I would like the horns to win a trophy, be it the regular season, tournament, or world series. If we end up winning it all, then you can say this tournament trophy was meaningless. As of now, I don't like our changes of making a deep run in the post-season given how weak our bullpen is. So, we may end up with no trophies this year despite having a strong start to the season.

Having said that there is no doubt that we accomplished lot more than what most of us had hoped for coming into this tournament. Now, let's kick some ass in the regional and onwards! 🤘