2022 Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

36 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

This is the announcer:

33 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This guy is painful.  Holy fuck. 

I muted those two assholes in the first inning....put the Horn broadcast on my phone and delayed the the TV just a bit to sync up.

Craig and Roger for the win.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

I muted those two assholes in the first inning....put the Horn broadcast on my phone and delayed the the TV just a bit to sync up.

Craig and Roger for the win.

Idk it's been almost comical how lame they are. 

So is getting complete game shutout level Hansen while Gordon has been red hot with Morehouse coming together a good thing? Meanwhile Stevens has been a nice addition to the back end of the pen while Harrison is still him and I’ve been liking Nixon in that little middle relief role he’s filled. Our lineup can tee off on anyone. As usual, June is right around the corner and Texas is playing their best ball. I’ll laugh my ass off if this team ends up taking home number 7. ‘03, ‘04, ‘09 and 2010 were as loaded as a college baseball team could be. Couple of wrong bounces and bad matchups fucked us. It would be the ultimate “haha we like fucking with y’all” ever from the baseball gods if this team dogpiles while most of those other ones were literally a pitch or 2 away from winning it all 

Edited by Fletch
  • Hook 'Em 1

I gotta think the Big 12 gets two hosts.

TCU is conference champs. OSU looks good in the RPI. We have lots of wins, a solid RPI, and were 1 win short of the 2nd place.

This tourney should be impactful on the committee decision process but not sure it will be. I know it’s been discussed in the basketball tourney regarding injuries but does the return of Kennedy play any part in their view of Texas.

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Seems like looking at both RPI and SOS is double dipping.  

Yeah, but I guess it shows that some teams can still manipulate RPI while playing a crap schedule. Maryland is 3rd in RPI but has a strength of schedule of 101.

• Hook 'Em 1

Step one for hosting done. Would be nice if OSU just went out in the next game. If that happens and we make it out of our bracket then I think we host for sure. That would give us at least 1 more win against a host school. Would have to think that would boost our RPI into the top 15 at least 

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Holy shit, that's some stupid cherry-picking double-counting bullshit stat.  

I disagree.

27 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Yeah, but I guess it shows that some teams can still manipulate RPI while playing a crap schedule. Maryland is 3rd in RPI but has a strength of schedule of 101.

Case in point.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Third try's the charm?

Fifth grade is a mine field. 

Anyway Ardoin, Todd, and Faltine with the hits today. Great pitching by Hansen. We only scoring four runs and winning. Pretty great way to open this tournament. Gordon needs to beat TCU/Baylor tomorrow at 4 and then we just need to out score everyone on the way to the championship.

Edited by Valmy77