2022 Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Oregon also lost today in the Pac 12. That's a more important result than Auburn. 

If they go 0-2 in the Pac 12 tournament it would help a lot. 

Oregon going 0-2 and Georgia Southern failing to make the conference championship game in the Sun Belt would be massive. 

20 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

The committee sending us out to the site of any top 12 seed would be horse shit. Also, I don't care that they love the rivalry angle with us and A&M, a borderline national seed and team who is on the verge of hosting should never be paired with each other.

Hence why if we end up a 2 seed, I want us in south bend and paired up with college station. We’d own that shit 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Through two innings Tech has three runs and K-State has three errors.

I’m not totally down with joining the sec. the baseball is going to be fantastic. Road trips. Helmet matchups in football. Brining back the arky rivalry. But god I’m not in the mood to deal with aggy and lsu and the Georgia trash I encountered at the sugar bowl and the backwoods mouth breathers we’re hosting in September. But god dammit getting away from k state will be worth it. The number of shit they’ve fucked up for us ‘03 is long and distinguished, like my Johnson 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

I’m not totally down with joining the sec. the baseball is going to be fantastic. Road trips. Helmet matchups in football. Brining back the arky rivalry. But god I’m not in the mood to deal with aggy and lsu and the Georgia trash I encountered at the sugar bowl and the backwoods mouth breathers we’re hosting in September. But god dammit getting away from k state will be worth it. The number of shit they’ve fucked up for us ‘03 is long and distinguished, like my Johnson 

You left out arkiesaw baseball fan…a pain in the ass in their own right.

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

K state in February!  

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

There are like 7 or 8 K-States on the SEC. Expect no relief. Freaking Kentucky or South Carolina or Ole Miss or any of those bitches can ruin your season at any time if you don't bring your A game.

Fine yeah whatever I’m just sick of them. They’re a pain in the ass

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

I didn't realize that Cornelio moved back to the 3rd spot in the TCU rotation. He looked pretty good against us on Friday night in Austin. Assuming we will see Marcelo Perez tomorrow. 

Yes, Perez will be starting tomorrow.

11 hours ago, Fletch said:

I thought skip was done after that Sunday comeback we laid on em. Good for hi…..no can’t say it. Fuck ou 

After that, they then took 2/3 from TCU, WV, KSU and Tech + a midweek non-conf game versus Tech + won a game versus OSU.  Two of those series were on the road (FW and Lubbuttock)

I am too lazy to search this thread and too dumb to find what I'm looking for so far.  Are all tickets for the Big 12 tourney GA? We are considering a drive up this weekend if Texas advances (no jinx no jinx), and want to figure out if I can just buy tickets day of if that happens.  

hookem

2 minutes ago, TenaciousTgarden said:

I am too lazy to search this thread and too dumb to find what I'm looking for so far.  Are all tickets for the Big 12 tourney GA? We are considering a drive up this weekend if Texas advances (no jinx no jinx), and want to figure out if I can just buy tickets day of if that happens.  

hookem

Yep, everything is GA.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

It’s better that Texas is playing TCU. 

Baylor does nothing for our RPI and if Texas somehow lost it would hurt. 

Quality wins is what Texas needs. 

The wins part is key though. I would rather have a win over Baylor than a quality loss.

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

The wins part is key though. I would rather have a win over Baylor than a quality loss.

That doesn’t necessarily help your RPI. Baylor sucks. Their RPI was in the 80s last I looked. 

Beating them does very little for Texas other than making it easier to get to the winner’s bracket. I find it very unlikely Texas doesn’t get a regional if they finish top 15 in RPI. 

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

That doesn’t necessarily help your RPI. Baylor sucks. Their RPI was in the 80s last I looked. 

Beating them does very little for Texas other than making it easier to get to the winner’s bracket. I find it very unlikely Texas doesn’t get a regional if they finish top 15 in RPI. 

Well we are going to potentially have wins over OSU and TCU. Not every team we play in the tournament has to be top 50 right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Well we are going to potentially have wins over OSU and TCU. Not every team we play in the tournament has to be top 50 right?

It’s better for RPI playing quality teams. 

If Texas plays 4 games this weekend against TCU and Oklahoma State 2-2 might get the job done because that’s going to still really help our RPI. 

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It’s better for RPI playing quality teams. 

If Texas plays 4 games this weekend against TCU and Oklahoma State 2-2 might get the job done because that’s going to still really help our RPI. 

Maybe. Losing to Oklahoma State destroyed us last time. I am not totally confident taking two Ls is not going to wreck us. Taking one in the title game might be fine though.

OSU just run-ruled Baylor 11-1 so we will get that quality opponent.

Saved their pitching and everything. Great win for them.

No so great for us. Though a Baylor loss is always good for goodness and justice.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Maybe. Losing to Oklahoma State destroyed us last time. I am not totally confident taking two Ls is not going to wreck us. Taking one in the title game might be fine though.

Because Texas lost 3 games at home. 

On a neutral field, these games now have more value against quality opponents. 

The issue for Texas coming into this weekend wasn’t wins it was that they were sitting outside the top 20 of RPI. The committee isn’t going to exclude Texas from hosting if they finish 12-14 in RRI.