[Discussion] Mass Shooting at Uvalde Elementary School

I don’t have a CHL and am about to get one because of the apparent increase in these incidents particularly since quarantining has ceased. 

I can’t believe this continues to happen at schools. 

Just now, Porterhouse said:

I don’t have a CHL and am about to get one because of the apparent increase in these incidents particularly since quarantining has ceased. 

You don't even need a CHL anymore in Texas, right? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Porterhouse said:

I don’t  think you need one any longer in Texas. 

Just now, Hermanator said:

National Media:

"Check Google maps... Uvalde... oh rural South Texas. Mexicans and poor white trash. Not a ratings driver"

Poor white trash?  Lulz. You’re a true moron. Please don’t crack fucking jokes - even if you can manage to be funny - in this thread. 

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

You don't even need a CHL anymore in Texas, right? 

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t  think you need one any longer in Texas. 

THAT is fucking ridiculous. 

Just now, Porterhouse said:

Poor white trash?  Lulz. You’re a true moron. Please don’t crack fucking jokes - even if you can manage to be funny - in this thread. 

National media wasn't covering it so thats what i was commenting on. Just now saw it picked up on ABC

15 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Schools are a no go zone for guns, so that's not really a solution for you.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

National media wasn't covering it so thats what i was commenting on. Just now saw it picked up on ABC

Not sure where you are saying that was it was not showing up.  I saw it as top story on CNN and then went to Fox to see if more info and it was lead there too.  BBC has it at the top as well.

8 minutes ago, ABSR said:

Not sure where you are saying that was it was not showing up.  I saw it as top story on CNN and then went to Fox to see if more info and it was lead there too.  BBC has it at the top as well.

They broke away from regular markets talk on CNBC for several minutes of “breaking news” about this story; and that was when there only two reported dead, and 14 “injured”. It’s getting massive coverage.

Bernard

Edited by Bernard

Here's something I remember from my elementary school: Actions speak louder than words.

All talk, no action. Ad infinitum.

As far as I can tell, kids being shot at school doesn't bother people. Despite the prayers that follow.

• Hook 'Em 4

Cops pursue murder suspect. 
Suspect crashes truck in culvert. 
Suspect exits wrecked vehicle with two guns in hand and travels over 400 feet on foot, passes through school’s fence and into school’s entry before cops in working cop car(s) can stop him?????

Can’t wait to hear how the worthless, pussy-ass cops spin this story.

Bernard

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 7

It's sad but my kids school is set up to protect against this. You can't get in except through the front office and the office has bulletproof glass. How fucked up is it that we need that.

All the classes have a shared restroom that are active shooter shelters as well. Makes me so sad this is actually needed in schools

1 minute ago, blacklab said:

if you'd like to discuss gun control, your team, the other team, voting and associated shit there's a board for that that has a thread for that.

This thread is for news about this incident. 

You’re about to be busy

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Lots of breaks need to be given out in this thread. Not surprising due to the emotional nature of this though.

Surprised he was able to get in so quickly and easily, but most schools seem to have some portable buildings at this point which wouldn’t have the same security as main buildings.

Probably need to have a talk with my kid about what to do in this scenario; do they teach that at all in school like fire drills and whatnot?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Message Board User said:
  • And perhaps most perplexing to me - if the shooter was a murder suspect being chased by the cops and then crashed his truck into a ditch, how in the world was he able to make it to a school without the cops intervening?

I suspect the dash cam footage from the chase is being deleted as we speak.

Do you recall the armed police officer who was ON DUTY at the Parkland school shooting; the one who exited the school and hid in the parking lot while the shooter murdered innocent victims inside???

Bernard

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 2
  • Rage+1 7

1. It doesn’t seem like a guy who’s planning a school shooting would just drive into a culvert 100+ yards from the school. 

2. How does the driver of this truck get out of the truck and into the school with cops allegedly in pursuit?

Bernard

55C026B3-0A68-4A4F-8CA7-46863CEEC9CC.jpeg

637725EA-68A0-43CB-87B1-02C0CA68AA92.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Lots of breaks need to be given out in this thread. Not surprising due to the emotional nature of this though.

Surprised he was able to get in so quickly and easily, but most schools seem to have some portable buildings at this point which wouldn’t have the same security as main buildings.

Probably need to have a talk with my kid about what to do in this scenario; do they teach that at all in school like fire drills and whatnot?

Breaks…for what?

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Bernard said:

1. It doesn’t seem like a guy who’s planning a school shooting would just drive into a culvert 100+ yards from the school. 

2. How does the driver of this truck get out of the truck and into the school with cops allegedly in pursuit?

Bernard

55C026B3-0A68-4A4F-8CA7-46863CEEC9CC.jpeg

637725EA-68A0-43CB-87B1-02C0CA68AA92.jpeg

For real, cross a huge open space and the cops don't have ANYTHING they can deploy or use to cut him off or stop him? Multiple failures led to these dead children today. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

why dont you join the force and make a difference yourself since clearly you think LE needs better applicants. 

I retired from real work at 39. HPD max age for a cadet is 44. At 43 I considered doing exactly what you suggested, just to serve in internal affairs. Alas, that was a decade ago. Too late to get hired now.

Also, 15 people are dead in what appears to me to be an easily preventable crime. Seems like the police failing to do their job is a valid point of discussion  

Bernard

Edited by Bernard
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bernard said:

I retired from real work at 39. HPD max age for a cadet is 44. At 43 I considered doing exactly what you suggested, just to serve in internal affairs. Alas, that was a decade ago. Too late to get hired now.

Also, 15 people are dead in what appears to me to be an easily preventable crime. Seems like the police failing to do their job is a valid point of discussion  

Bernard

You’re not having a discussion with anyone. You’re just posting the same shit over and over again and getting almost no engagement, so you do it again. It was a valid point once, maybe twice. Look at the likes on my post and take a fucking hint. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Message Board User said:
  • And perhaps most perplexing to me - if the shooter was a murder suspect being chased by the cops and then crashed his truck into a ditch, how in the world was he able to make it to a school without the cops intervening?

because he wasn't black?

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

God damn.  So IF this is true, this fucker ditched his truck as a murder suspect (killed his own g-mother), then fled to the school and decided to go out in a blaze of glory?  WTF...

If the police allowed the murder suspect to enter a school, then I have to give them less than an “A” on the pursuit. 

And yeah, no facts to support wtf happened yet.  Just sayin…

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

I would say let's find out the precise facts concerning law enforcement conduct and activity in connection with this incident before either condemning or exonerating them.  We don't know at this point whether the police "fail[ed] to do their job" in this particular instance.

True. We are very early in learning the facts of the case. I’ll stand corrected if new facts dispute my current jump-to-conclusions. Obviously, I’m biased. Of course we all know that cops are compulsive liars, so there’s always those pesky facts that get buried. Time will tell.

It’s all tragic regardless. My mom was an elementary school teacher. So this hits close to home.

Bernard

Just now, Bernard said:

True. We are very early in learning the facts of the case. I’ll stand corrected if new facts dispute my current jump-to-conclusions. Obviously, I’m biased. Of course we all know that cops are compulsive liars, so there’s always those pesky facts that get buried. Time will tell.

It’s all tragic regardless. My mom was an elementary school teacher. So this hits close to home.

Bernard

Dude stfu

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Dude stfu

OK. Done. It’s good to know I’ve made my point. Now we can carry on with the standard broken record of comments that follow every one of these tragic mass shootings.

Bernard

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Bernard said:

OK. Done. It’s good to know I’ve made my point. Now we can carry on with the standard broken record of comments that follow every one of these tragic mass shootings.

Bernard

Put the shovel down.  Stop digging. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bernard said:

I suspect the dash cam footage from the chase is being deleted as we speak.

Do you recall the armed police officer who was ON DUTY at the Parkland school shooting; the one who exited the school and hid in the parking lot while the shooter murdered innocent victims inside???

Bernard

He was a security officer, not a police officer.  So private security.  His actions are infuriating, but unlike Texas, Florida does not allow (or did not at that time..may have changed) actual police to be assigned as security.

I am curious what Uvalde had for security….but that is better for later discussion/review.

2 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Look closely at the tree in the foreground in this screengrab of the video on Twitter showing the gunman across the street entering the school.  I'm pretty sure that an LEO with a rifle posting up under it looking right at the dude stumbling into the school...

441C8C2C-4C6F-46D7-B1C3-6A2C2699F015.jpeg

Link?

53 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I would say let's find out the precise facts concerning law enforcement conduct and activity in connection with this incident before either condemning or exonerating them.  We don't know at this point whether the police "fail[ed] to do their job" in this particular instance.

I’ll say this one thing in response to that and stfu or get shutted up- right now the cops are busy deciding what the facts of their conduct are and I won’t trust what they say, no matter what they say. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1