[Discussion] Mass Shooting at Uvalde Elementary School

5 minutes ago, Covri said:

I’d reply with a Lebowski quote myself, but I’m honestly curious.  Seems like you’re one of them in the photos based on posts but I’m not sure why it’s relevant?

I’m not.

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I can wrap my head around the highschool shootings when it someone who's been bullied. I can't wrap my head around killing random innocent elementary school children. I don't know what drives someone to do something so evil

Humans are evil pretty much inherently, the behavior isn't the astounding part, the enablement of people who have the potential to be evil is the astounding part. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Covri said:

I’d reply with a Lebowski quote myself, but I’m honestly curious.  Seems like you’re one of them in the photos based on posts but I’m not sure why it’s relevant?

Somebody posted a remark or something about the shooter posting pics on social media of him with an AR... Another guy said that it's not that uncommon/abnormal (?) for kids to post pics of themselves with rifles online, maybe something about especially kids from south Texas, I don't remember exactly. Another guy "agreed to disagree" or some bullshit. So I quoted him and posted that pic, which was recently posted in another thread in this forum, pointing out that young dudes do in fact take pics of themselves with guns and that they've been doing it since at least whenever that vintage pic was taken. That's the best I can do, I'm not rereading this whole fucking thread for exact quotes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Humans are evil pretty much inherently, the behavior isn't the astounding part, the enablement of people who have the potential to be evil is the astounding part. 

This right here.  You have to pass a driving test to drive a car.  You are required to register your vehicle every year.  You have to pass a safety inspection annually.  Why?  Because given your own free will you wouldn't do it.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t have a CHL and am about to get one because of the apparent increase in these incidents particularly since quarantining has ceased. 
I can’t believe this continues to happen at schools. 

If you’re in Texas, you don’t actually have to have one to carry.

Well that and it being VERY easy to acquire a gun, legally or otherwise. They're ubiquitous, and not that hard to get a hold of. Shit, I bought my deer rifle from a dude from txguntrader privately and the only paperwork for it is the bill of sale I kept to cover my ass. It doesn't really make sense given the stakes that we are all posting about in this thread

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

It is astounding that someone is so broken yet still has access to significant firepower. And society puts no fucking regulation on it. It is beyond belief that a person is so evil that they’d kill any innocent, particularly a child. That astounds and saddens me. 

1 minute ago, Porterhouse said:

It is astounding that someone is so broken yet still has access to significant firepower. And society puts no fucking regulation on it. It is beyond belief that a person is so evil that they’d kill any innocent, particularly a child. That astounds and saddens me. 

18 kids and counting.

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, tigol said:

What are you doing to protect them?

I don’t think anyone wants people like the evil kids in Uvalde or Buffalo or wherever to have guns. Why don’t you skip to the part and offer your opinion / suggestions on what to do. 

2 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I don’t think anyone wants people like the evil kids in Uvalde or Buffalo or wherever to have guns. Why don’t you skip to the part and offer your opinion / suggestions on what to do. 

You go first.

7 minutes ago, tigol said:

What are you doing to protect them?

Exactly what I posted along with doing my best to raise them to be respectful of others despite differences because if more folks acted like that then we’d have less of this shit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bernard said:

Cops pursue murder suspect. 
Suspect crashes truck in culvert. 
Suspect exits wrecked vehicle with two guns in hand and travels over 400 feet on foot, passes through school’s fence and into school’s entry before cops in working cop car(s) can stop him?????

Can’t wait to hear how the worthless, pussy-ass cops spin this story.

Bernard

good guys with guns couldn't stop him. I guess we need more good guys with more guns.

12 minutes ago, tigol said:

So, you were behind the camera?

Might have been.  It was 40 yrs ago.  I don’t remember.  And in those 40 yrs neither any of those weapons nor any of the people present there ever harmed another human being.

But go on, you were lecturing about straw grasping or sumsuch.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I think I'm done reading about this.

Just gonna internalize that anger and move on. What's the worst that could happen?

Peace

the pictures of all those smiling faces will be really bring it home. it's going to be a bunch of happy kids, holding up awards, in sports uniforms, with pets .......

16 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I think I'm done reading about this.

Just gonna internalize that anger and move on. What's the worst that could happen?

Peace

Wait!  Don’t leave!!!

We’re just getting started with the “It’s your fault/No it’s you’re fault!” poo flinging Olympics.  

There are medals to be won bro!

How many children being murdered would it take for you to spend an entire day waiting in line to register all of your firearms and report how much ammunition you had?

How many children being murdered would it take for you to spend money to annually register your firearms?

How many children being murdered would it take for you to keep your guns somewhere that you had to sign them out to go hunting?

How many children being murdered is it going to take for all of these stupid bullshit excuses that don't prevent recreational use/ownership of firearms to go away?

The answer is clear, there is no amount of American Children we can sacrifice so that we can go buy a gun on the way to a ranch to shoot hogs damnit. Freedom isn't free, the blood of the innocent is required for my convenience. 

How many children being murdered would it take for you to spend an entire day waiting in line to register all of your firearms and report how much ammunition you had?

How many children being murdered would it take for you to spend money to annually register your firearms?

How many children being murdered would it take for you to keep your guns somewhere that you had to sign them out to go hunting?

How many children being murdered is it going to take for all of these stupid bullshit excuses that don't prevent recreational use/ownership of firearms to go away?

The answer is clear, there is no amount of American Children we can sacrifice so that we can go buy a gun on the way to a ranch to shoot hogs damnit. Freedom isn't free, the blood of the innocent is required for my convenience. 

False choice game is such a fun one isn’t it?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 4

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

CR

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 13

Extremely sad and heart breaking. Trying to catch up on this whole thing.  Was the school not controlled access? I have to get buzzed in when I go to my kid's elementary school.  Is this not common protocol?  How was this fuck able to access the school building?   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

9 minutes ago, immamac said:

Careful, you're gonna get put in timeout by @blacklab

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Should be the name of a reality show about inbreds in Arkansas, not the bodycount of an elementary school shooting.

Sanders will win as governor, but Arkansas is much more progressive than Texas.

Hunting and fishing licenses have an app.  Seriously.  And, they renew based on when you purchased it as opposed to the Texas fiscal year.

Medical MJ is legal.  Property taxes are low.  Beautiful lakes and rivers.  They don't shoot up schools as often as we Texans do.

I'm about to put this whole fucking website on a timeout. I'm legitimately considering shutting down the site for the rest of the week. 

Might as well shut it down for good. This shit will happen again and again.