[Discussion] Mass Shooting at Uvalde Elementary School

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I am fine with background checks and red flag laws.  As to the latter, not sure how much good it will do for those who already own guns.  If you want to make AR rifles subject to NFA, I can live with that.  But the ATF has to fucking move faster than a year to approve (still waiting on a suppressor I bought spring of 2021).  I have heard the new electronic submission of NFA has sped things up to 3-4 months, which is okay with me.  Put ARs on the list and remove suppressors.  Zero reason for them to be NFA and have the extra delay and tax. Open up NICS to public for private sales.  Or have a national ID that has your voter registration and your ability to legally buy a firearm linked to the bar code.

The scary random mass shootings in public places generally account for 100 or so deaths a year.  And schools are very, very safe places for children.  Homicides in schools in our country of 350 million people are exceedingly rare and random.  I don't think much can be done about school shootings.  I would allow school employees who have their license to carry the option to carry at school.  I believe around 200 school districts in Texas allow this now.  My understanding, though I cannot confirm 100%, is that Uvalde was not one of them.

The last 20 years, the USA has ranged from 10 to 34 school children being murdered in schools per year.  As parents we worry about our kids. But worrying about them being shot and killed while at school is not a rational fear.  The hours they are in school are the safest hours of their day.  

https://nces.ed.gov/programs/coe/indicator/a01

Capture.JPG

The group who needs guns on hand for their own protection and safety arguing the statistical improbability of people--kids, in this case--randomly dying at the hands of someone else. Just awesome. No self-awareness whatsoever.

Actually, this post gives me deja vu. It reminds me of my younger days stupidly defending the Iraq war. "Sure, 5,000 dead isn't ideal, but they're actually safer there than they are over here. More than 5k in their age group in a sample size of 100,000 has died in the same timeframe stateside." Choosing to completely and utterly ignore the incredibly obvious difference between a car accident and having a 19 year olds limbs blown off, and their comrades having to deal with the psychological fallout for the rest of their lives.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

It's not just 19 dead elementary kids. It's an entire community that will never, ever be the same.

The destruction caused by these crimes is immeasurable. Well, I guess you can measure it somewhat. It's less than the benefit of keeping Colorado raccoons from your chickens.

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

The group who needs guns on hand for their own protection and safety arguing the statistical improbability of people--kids, in this case--randomly dying at the hands of someone else. Just awesome. No self-awareness whatsoever.

Actually, this post gives me deja vu. It reminds me of my younger days stupidly defending the Iraq war. "Sure, 5,000 dead isn't ideal, but they're actually safer there than they are over here. More than 5k in their age group in a sample size of 100,000 has died in the same timeframe stateside." Choosing to completely and utterly ignore the incredibly obvious difference between a car accident and having a 19 year olds limbs blown off, and their comrades having to deal with the psychological fallout for the rest of their lives.

I am pointing out data.  The truth is that schools are safer now than ever and certainly safer than when we all went to school.  That is what the data says. The general public believes the exact opposite.  There is a lot of fear that little Johnny might get shot and killed at school.  It is not a rational fear.  Most minors who are shot and killed aren't being shot at school or in a mass shooting.   They are killed in gang/drug related violence, often by those with previous violent offenses, or by a relative in one of those family shooting tragedies. You want to make it safer from guns?  Make violent crime sentences longer.  Make it a 30 year mandatory no parole sentence if you commit a felony with a gun.  Won't do much to stop mass shootings.  But it will do a lot to stop the criminals who commit the vast majority of violent gun crimes and our homicide rate would drop significantly.  Legalize drugs and you have a whole lot of empty prison space free.

In my opinion we should make policy and law based on actual data and not irrational fears.  We should also not pass stupid laws that make no sense.  Like the 1994 Assault Weapons ban.  Our Ruger Mini 14s with 30 round mags of .223 were legal.  The AR 15 was not legal.  That is just fucking stupid.  Because the Ruger has a wooden stock and ARs are plastic?

I am not opposed to increased regulations.  But they need to make sense and not be stupid on their face like the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

55 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

The truth is that schools are safer now than ever and certainly safer than when we all went to school.  That is what the data says.

What data is that? School safety data wasn't even maintained until around 1990.

There were no armed cops in schools when I went to school. And the School Districts certainly didn't have their own police force. So if you're trying to infer that the easy availability of weapons is somehow responsible for increased safety, get your head checked.

55 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Like the 1994 Assault Weapons ban.  Our Ruger Mini 14s with 30 round mags of .223 were legal.  The AR 15 was not legal.  That is just fucking stupid.  Because the Ruger has a wooden stock and ARs are plastic?

This is just fucking idiotic minutiae. Who the fuck cares? We have mass slaughters happening in this country on a weekly if not daily basis. Church, school, temple, grocery stores...no civilized country on earth puts up with that type of mayhem.

Are you aware of how a law is made in this country? Despite all the compromises of the assault weapons ban, republicans overturned [correction: allowed it to expire and did nothing to replace it] it at the first opportunity they could and only 8 republicans voted for it in the first place. It passed Congress without being filibustered (less than 60 votes) because back in those days some republicans were still a little bit interested in accountable governance instead of their own power.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chopper said:

What data is that? School safety data wasn't even maintained until around 1990.

There were no armed cops in schools when I went to school. And the School Districts certainly didn't have their own police force. So if you're trying to infer that the easy availability of weapons is somehow responsible for increased safety, get your head checked.

This is just fucking idiotic minutiae. Who the fuck cares? We have mass slaughters happening in this country on a weekly if not daily basis. Church, school, temple, grocery stores...no civilized country on earth puts up with that type of mayhem.

Are you aware of how a law is made in this country? Despite all the compromises of the assault weapons ban, republicans overturned it at the first opportunity they could and only 8 republicans voted for it in the first place. It passed Congress without being filibustered (less than 60 votes) because back in those days some republicans were still a little bit interested in accountable governance instead of their own power.

@Johnny Sack is referring to a common meme floating around and being shared by the gun-nuts on social media. Of course it's just another attempt at getting your eyes off the real problem.

Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 5.19.26 PM.png

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, Chopper said:

FUSoHMNWQAAtUu7?format=jpg&name=medium

RONALD REAGAN

The patriarch of the republican party, would not be accepted as a true republican today.

Sure he would. Donald Trump was a Democrat who was friends with the Clintons. Nothing matters anymore! 

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Yep. Most of us value children more than inanimate objects.

Glad to see you erection from seeing the killer’s weapons finally subsided enough to post.

I have witnessed mass murder first hand and had friends shot & killed, so your attempt to flame me personally is very weak.

But carry on.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I have witnessed mass murder first hand and had friends shot & killed, so your attempt to flame me personally is very weak.

But carry on.

The Crusades were a rough time, no doubt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Sure he would. Donald Trump was a Democrat who was friends with the Clintons. Nothing matters anymore! 

If Reagan ran today on his record, he would never be accepted into the republikkkan party. Trump didn't give a fuck, he simply wanted power and went along with whatever main priorities the republikkkan party wanted.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, Chopper said:

FUSoHMNWQAAtUu7?format=jpg&name=medium

RONALD REAGAN

The patriarch of the republican party, would not be accepted as a true republican today.

Yep. The same people who hold Reagan up as a diety would call him a libtard today. Just galactic levels of stupid.

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm starting to think that Chopper is either a Russian troll or he at least posts exactly like one. Neither of which are something to be proud of. Almost all of his recent posts contain something misleading or downright false, and he is intentionally stoking the divide between conservatives and liberals, which only serves to entrench both sides and prevent progress.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

@Johnny Sack is referring to a common meme floating around and being shared by the gun-nuts on social media. Of course it's just another attempt at getting your eyes off the real problem.

well, I'm convinced. It is idiotic to ban one and not the other two. We should ban all three.

• Hook 'Em 7

If the muh guns are my freedoms and 2A nuts can wait ten days to start posting in the elementary kids school shooting thread, the can certainly wait ten days to buy their 37th variation of a sport rifle to add to their collection. 

Right?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Gun Idiots: You can’t take all the guns off the streets. That’s impossible 

Gun Idiots: Let’s just solve the humans hurting other humans problem. We’ve had 300,000 years of no progress, but I feel like we can do it. That’s seems super easy to tackle!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

The last 20 years, the USA has ranged from 10 to 34 school children being murdered in schools per year.  As parents we worry about our kids. But worrying about them being shot and killed while at school is not a rational fear.  The hours they are in school are the safest hours of their day.  

https://nces.ed.gov/programs/coe/indicator/a01

Capture.JPG

You refer to murders of children in schools, but I think most people (including me) are concerned with the safety of not only the kids but also the teachers, administrators, parents who are volunteering in schools, etc.  They deserve to have a safe environment within which to teach and administer just as the kids deserve to have a safe environment within which to learn.  When you factor in these other persons, the death toll in schools rises substantially.

I'm also concerned not only with homicides (though that is, of course, the worst and most heartbreaking result), but also with shooting incidents in schools as a whole.  Again, when shooting incidents that result only in injuries (or even no injuries at all) are factored in, the numbers increase substantially.

Finally, the same study that you linked establishes that school shooting incidents have risen markedly and alarmingly over the past five years.  So while I understand that a higher number of kids are killed by firearms outside of school, I don't necessarily agree that kids are truly safe in schools anymore.  Frankly, the shooting-related death of even a single kid in a school setting shouldn't be acceptable.  I realize that in this world it would be virtually impossible to bring that number down to zero.  But by the same token, we as a society should not be accepting of the fact that dozens of kids die or are injured in school-related shootings each year. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Gun Idiots: You can’t take all the guns off the streets. That’s impossible 

Gun Idiots: Let’s just solve the humans hurting other humans problem. We’ve had 300,000 years of no progress, but I feel like we can do it. That’s seems super easy to tackle!

img_7208.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Y’all gotta stop buying into the gun nut trap of “well actually, school mass shootings are statistically rare, so [gun nut plan to keep doing nothing, or do cosmetic things that are mostly a burden on schools].”
The issue isn’t just school mass shootings.
It’s synagogue mass shootings.
And church mass shootings.
And night club mass shootings.
And grocery store mass shootings.
And Wal-mart mass shootings.
And workplace mass shootings.
And on, and on, and on….
“Harden the schools!” and “Arm the teachers!” won’t do shit to stop a fucker with an AR hunting black people in a Buffalo grocery, or Mexicans at an El Paso Wal-Mart, or the people who work at the wrong FedEx facility, or Jews, or churchgoers, or college students, etc.

Real gun regulations. And civil liability for people fomenting stochastic terrorism (“fighting words” should mean something). Red flag laws. Age limits. Mag size limits.

Don’t let them LIE TO YOU and focus only on schools. Mass murder of children is just the turd cherry on top of the shit sundae they’ve forced us all to eat for decades. Throw it back in their fucking faces, refuse to eat any more of it, and do what needs to be done. The gun nuts and gun lobby have surrendered their seat at the table of reasonable discourse (not that they ever even tried to sit there - they just kept it there as a distraction). I don’t care what they have to say anymore, and the rest of you shouldn’t either.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I am pointing out data.  The truth is that schools are safer now than ever and certainly safer than when we all went to school.  That is what the data says. The general public believes the exact opposite.  There is a lot of fear that little Johnny might get shot and killed at school.  It is not a rational fear.  Most minors who are shot and killed aren't being shot at school or in a mass shooting.   They are killed in gang/drug related violence, often by those with previous violent offenses, or by a relative in one of those family shooting tragedies. You want to make it safer from guns?  Make violent crime sentences longer.  Make it a 30 year mandatory no parole sentence if you commit a felony with a gun.  Won't do much to stop mass shootings.  But it will do a lot to stop the criminals who commit the vast majority of violent gun crimes and our homicide rate would drop significantly.  Legalize drugs and you have a whole lot of empty prison space free.

In my opinion we should make policy and law based on actual data and not irrational fears.  We should also not pass stupid laws that make no sense.  Like the 1994 Assault Weapons ban.  Our Ruger Mini 14s with 30 round mags of .223 were legal.  The AR 15 was not legal.  That is just fucking stupid.  Because the Ruger has a wooden stock and ARs are plastic?

I am not opposed to increased regulations.  But they need to make sense and not be stupid on their face like the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban.

You mean the assault weapons ban that, the second it expired, saw an exponential increase in the frequency and severity of mass shootings? That assault weapons ban? Yeah, definitely shouldn't consider doing something like that again. I'm sure the rise in random shootings was purely coincidental. Or are we blaming the rise of social media on that one? Social media, of course, having not been invented in other countries at the time.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Y’all gotta stop buying into the gun nut trap of “well actually, school mass shootings are statistically rare, so [gun nut plan to keep doing nothing, or do cosmetic things that are mostly a burden on schools].”
The issue isn’t just school mass shootings.
It’s synagogue mass shootings.
And church mass shootings.
And night club mass shootings.
And grocery store mass shootings.
And Wal-mart mass shootings.
And workplace mass shootings.
And on, and on, and on….
“Harden the schools!” and “Arm the teachers!” won’t do shit to stop a fucker with an AR hunting black people in a Buffalo grocery, or Mexicans at an El Paso Wal-Mart, or the people who work at the wrong FedEx facility, or Jews, or churchgoers, or college students, etc.

Real gun regulations. And civil liability for people fomenting stochastic terrorism (“fighting words” should mean something). Red flag laws. Age limits. Mag size limits.

Don’t let them LIE TO YOU and focus only on schools. Mass murder of children is just the turd cherry on top of the shit sundae they’ve forced us all to eat for decades. Throw it back in their fucking faces, refuse to eat any more of it, and do what needs to be done. The gun nuts and gun lobby have surrendered their seat at the table of reasonable discourse (not that they ever even tried to sit there - they just kept it there as a distraction). I don’t care what they have to say anymore, and the rest of you shouldn’t either.

You forgot hospitals and the mean streets of Midland/Odessa.

[mention=115]Johnny Sack[/mention] is referring to a common meme floating around and being shared by the gun-nuts on social media. Of course it's just another attempt at getting your eyes off the real problem.

789495419_ScreenShot2022-06-03at5_19_26PM.thumb.png.8cd85ec5ad4df91dbc588e6473e77e84.png
This is disgusting, disingenuous and completely on brand.

I own a Belgian made Browning BAR in 7 mag. It's semi auto with a 4 round capacity. I'm sure I could get a larger magazine for it and destroy the accuracy of my barrel. 3 hogs in one session us plenty thanks. It's an extremely lethal round, far more damaging than 223.

But it's not the same.
This is fucked up to even say, but its less ideal than even a pistol for killing small children. ARs fit the fetishism of these sick fucks, are often fitted with scopes for closer ranges, are designed to rapidly fire at moderate ranges even by untrained shooters. My kid was nailing targets at 11 years old with an AR. Low recoil, and let's again not discount fetishism and the "cool factor" of these weapons. They look like weapons of war and are utilized by sick fuckers wanting to wage war on innocents.

Are they fun? Sure. Is that fun worth the costs? Fuck no.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Armybrat said:

But carry on.

How could we prevent Whitman?

I remember you telling the story. I genuinely want to know what we can do differently.

2 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

lots of "masks in school = child abuse" folks from the past couple of years just really not giving a fuck about children as it turns out

Yeah strange now the same group that was so concerned about teachers grooming children have nothing to say about fucking murdering those children except for how it could affect their gun rights. As long as those dead kids didn't know what gay people were, then everything's gucci

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Seems like the “nerdy bullied quiet kid” school shooter stereotype has met its end. This kid did bad in school, got in fights, did drugs, was a dropout, didn’t seem to have many friends but did have a girlfriend and a job. Almost a carbon copy of Nikolas Cruz, except Cruz was a rich kid. 

lots of "masks in school = child abuse" folks from the past couple of years just really not giving a fuck about children as it turns out
My kid was in AISD. Those kids adapted just fine, enjoyed life, and thrived while wearing masks. I would often have to remind my kid he could take his mask off after a few minutes into our commute home. He's not a big ol sensitive ball sack nor are his peers. It wasn't that big of a deal. They don't care that much. Sure My kid is happy to be mask free, sure the chick he kinda crushed on has a jacked grill and looks better masked, Sure Some kids still wear masks and nobody gives a fuck. They are largely kind supportive and go about thier business.

These junk peeping so you can play an amateur sport , culture war starting weirdos need hobbies. Kids are resilient with support.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

sure the chick he kinda crushed on has a jacked grill and looks better masked, 

This is the real concern with masks. You see a chick with captivating eyes wearing a mask and you think she is all that, and then you see her without one and you realize that there is a reason we aren't solely attracted to their eyes.

• Like 1

This is the real concern with masks. You see a chick with captivating eyes wearing a mask and you think she is all that, and then you see her without one and you realize that there is a reason we aren't solely attracted to their eyes.

Ah, but I am attracted to girls with nice eyes. Big time.

I might have had my lady friend wear a mask for some role play fun a few times during the pandemic if I'm fully honest. I had no idea that was my jam prior to 2020.

Banner couple of years for people dating with jacked up grills I'd imagine. You can be full on Hee Haw and pass in polite society.
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Armybrat said:

But carry on.

This is the mass shooting equivalent of “I worked my way through college in the 1960s why can’t these millennials”

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Born to Run said:

My kid was in AISD. Those kids adapted just fine, enjoyed life, and thrived while wearing masks. I would often have to remind my kid he could take his mask off after a few minutes into our commute home. He's not a big ol sensitive ball sack nor are his peers. It wasn't that big of a deal. They don't care that much. Sure My kid is happy to be mask free, sure the chick he kinda crushed on has a jacked grill and looks better masked, Sure Some kids still wear masks and nobody gives a fuck. They are largely kind supportive and go about thier business.

These junk peeping so you can play an amateur sport , culture war starting weirdos need hobbies. Kids are resilient with support.

Once you are use to regular active shooter drills, masks probably seem quaint. For some reason we never hear about the psychological damage of active shooter drills from the group that opposed masks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s always a weird take when someone says I suffered horribly, everyone else should too!

I’ve also seen these variations this week. 

1. I had to suffer paying off student debt, others should too

2. I had to suffer long commute to office and pointless meetings, others should too

• Hook 'Em 4

19 hours ago, Foosters said:

They issue protective orders every day in this country preventing parents from going within 100 yards of their biological children prior to any finding of guilt or wrongdoing. Based solely on accusations. People are held in confinement before any finding of guilt all over this country. Today, there are tens of thousands of people sitting in cages "innocent until proven guilty." I'm struggling to see why guns should be different.

Of course, two wrongs don't make it right.  

Like brisket said, most of the laws I am aware of require a hearing before permanent deprivation of gun ownership, but permit temporary deprivation of gun ownership in the interim, but unlike pretrial detention, I think the best of them require a hearing within a set period of time.

Hell, I think temporary "detention of guns" might go a long way to preventing these things all by itself.

9 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

It’s always a weird take when someone says I suffered horribly, everyone else should too!

I’ve also seen these variations this week. 

1. I had to suffer paying off student debt, others should too

2. I had to suffer long commute to office and pointless meetings, others should too

It is, very curious.  But also seemingly pervasive in all manners of human experience.

Still, when it comes to srs business like national policies involving important issues, people could set that "I walked 10 miles through the ice and snow barefoot" shit aside for a moment.

31 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Of course, two wrongs don't make it right.  

Like brisket said, most of the laws I am aware of require a hearing before permanent deprivation of gun ownership, but permit temporary deprivation of gun ownership in the interim, but unlike pretrial detention, I think the best of them require a hearing within a set period of time.

Hell, I think temporary "detention of guns" might go a long way to preventing these things all by itself.

Jon Stewarts show on Apple touched on this in re: to domestic violence and how there is definitely some gaps there (a lot of gun violence against women is by domestic abusers).  

Definitely worth a watch.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

18 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Negs me first.  I neg back but do not cry like a bitch about getting neg repped.  Then bitches about my neg back.  You are a whiny little bitch.

Neg rep talk not going away. 

13 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

He also pushed gun control because he got scared that the Black Panthers were armed. But maybe let's not discuss that part of his legacy?

Black militants peacefully demonstrating open carrying big guns would be shot dead in the streets today. 

15 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

I'm starting to think

Congrats, I guess...Bad news. You're going to need to step up your game. Your thought pattern is equivalent to that of a parakeet and that's probably an insult to parakeets.

that Chopper is either a Russian troll

I don't know how to say in english but Ты лживый, бредовый придурок, which google tells me is "You're a lying, delusional moron."

Almost all of his recent posts contain something misleading or downright false, and he is intentionally stoking the divide between conservatives and liberals, which only serves to entrench both sides and prevent progress.

LOL since you didn't name even one I can only conclude you're acting out because I hurt your feelings, snowflake.

Edited by Chopper

11 hours ago, Born to Run said:

This is disgusting, disingenuous and completely on brand.

I own a Belgian made Browning BAR in 7 mag. It's semi auto with a 4 round capacity. I'm sure I could get a larger magazine for it and destroy the accuracy of my barrel. 3 hogs in one session us plenty thanks. It's an extremely lethal round, far more damaging than 223.

But it's not the same.
This is fucked up to even say, but its less ideal than even a pistol for killing small children. ARs fit the fetishism of these sick fucks, are often fitted with scopes for closer ranges, are designed to rapidly fire at moderate ranges even by untrained shooters. My kid was nailing targets at 11 years old with an AR. Low recoil, and let's again not discount fetishism and the "cool factor" of these weapons. They look like weapons of war and are utilized by sick fuckers wanting to wage war on innocents.

Are they fun? Sure. Is that fun worth the costs? Fuck no.

On the money.  An edgy teen would rather cease to exist than even imagine rampaging with a vintage, wooden semi auto.  Even a Uvalde PD larper might have charged in if he knew he was facing an M1 and not an AR15

2 hours ago, Celery Man said:

This is the mass shooting equivalent of “I worked my way through college in the 1960s why can’t these millennials”

No, it is a reaction to an utterly stupid & childish statement that has no bearing to reality.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, C-Man said:

Except that the meme is 100% accurate. My favorite is when our most outspoken ledge-dwelling attorney on the board slams one, but neglects to mention the one he bought. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

Except that the meme is 100% accurate. My favorite is when our most outspoken ledge-dwelling attorney on the board slams one, but neglects to mention the one he bought. 

You mean the antique, with a smaller mag, bought by the same guy who has consistently proposed legal limits on magazine size? That guy? Yeah…I hate that guy. He’s fucking my wife.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

You mean the antique, with a smaller mag, bought by the same guy who has consistently proposed legal limits on magazine size? That guy? Yeah…I hate that guy. He’s fucking my wife.

I’m talking about the weapon with the same fire rate, with larger projectiles and similar velocity of the AR.  It’s a less dressed up AR in a larger and stronger caliber. Curious what antique has to do with it, other than including for even further lax regulations, or making you feel better?  I can buy 5 round magazines for an AR, too.  And a 30 round mag for my 30 carbine, or mini 14.  And last I checked, my 30 carbine was still plenty fucking deadly, even being an “antique”.  

• Fuck You 2