Andor

CooterBrown

14 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

It's just sci-fi at this point, which is great if it's made by people who want to show you well made sci-fi.  But this is Disney.  Disney isn't really edgy enough to make me want to watch more of this. 

3Ywvmm.gif

Yeah the Disney Star Wars shows have been real shitty so far. You probably shouldn't watch because you're still mad about the Asian girl in a Star Wars movie from 5 years ago.  Solid game plan.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah the Disney Star Wars shows have been real shitty so far. You probably shouldn't watch because you're still mad about the Asian girl in a Star Wars movie from 5 years ago.  Solid game plan.

It had to be you didn't it?  Defender of the faith.  Asians got nothing to do with it.    

2 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

It had to be you didn't it?  Defender of the faith.  Asians got nothing to do with it.    

Uh huh.

Well again - feel free to avoid this show. I'm sure it's going to be terrible because a movie from 5 years ago gave you the sads.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

This is excellent.

I wonder if any elements from other “proto-Rebellion” elements will show up in this series.. Saw Gurerra seems fairly obvious… wonder if others like Enfys Nest or the “Jedi escape network” from Obi-Wan will.

25 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

This is excellent.

I wonder if any elements from other “proto-Rebellion” elements will show up in this series.. Saw Gurerra seems fairly obvious… wonder if others like Enfys Nest or the “Jedi escape network” from Obi-Wan will.

The Path def should show up 

• 4 weeks later...

It will be interesting to see how this one looks and feels. They didn't use The Wall for sets and VFX like Boba and Mando did. Real sets, real locations. And yes, Tony Gilroy is the showrunner so this is Rogue One .5 and I cannot wait. Yes, we know what happens to Cassian and Saw but I'm looking forward to the early days of the Rebellion and the inner working of what Mon Mothma sets up. Plus, no Jedis or Inquisitors.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I'm an idiot, I thought it was going to be about the Ewok planet. I need to rewatch Rogue One. I remember almost nothing about the plot for some reason, just remember enjoying it quite a bit. I'll re-watch and will definitely be on for this series. 

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

It will be interesting to see how this one looks and feels. They didn't use The Wall for sets and VFX like Boba and Mando did. Real sets, real locations. And yes, Tony Gilroy is the showrunner so this is Rogue One .5 and I cannot wait. Yes, we know what happens to Cassian and Saw but I'm looking forward to the early days of the Rebellion and the inner working of what Mon Mothma sets up. Plus, no Jedis or Inquisitors.

Yeah, I’m kind of hoping we get some Enfys Nest in this as well, since we are obviously getting Saw. 

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I'm an idiot, I thought it was going to be about the Ewok planet. I need to rewatch Rogue One. I remember almost nothing about the plot for some reason, just remember enjoying it quite a bit. I'll re-watch and will definitely be on for this series. 

Yeah man you should. Rogue One is wildly entertaining. It’s the second-best SW film overall after ESB, IMO. Highly re-watchable. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
Hell yes. Rogue One was the best SW vehicle since the OT, IMO. And I like The Mandalorian quite a bit. (Still haven't watched the Obi-Wan series.)

Obi-Wan series was really good. I enjoyed it very much. I liked the Mandalorian, but I didn’t think it was great. This Andor series looks really really good. I’m looking forward to it.

11 hours ago, mdmost said:

I just want more dark Star Wars. 

Aside from Rogue One being my favorite SW movie, I think what makes me most excited for Andor is that I just don't see how they can possibly make this anything but dark. 

I enjoyed Obi-Wan, but it was definitely childish at times. I don't think that will be the case here. 

12 hours ago, mdmost said:

This was shot like a movie with real sets and not using the Volume like Mando and Book of Boba Fett. So it should feel like a real prequel to Rogue One. I just want more dark Star Wars. 

Early reviews are that it's the first adult Star Wars with more violence and more shady decisions by good guys. Cannot wait.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

2 more days.  Premiers on the 21st. 

giphy.gif

20 hours ago, C-Man said:

Hell yes. Rogue One was the best SW vehicle since the OT, IMO. And I like The Mandalorian quite a bit. (Still haven't watched the Obi-Wan series.)

I haven't watched Obi-Wan either.  Heard it was terrible.

15 hours ago, Hate said:

Obi-Wan series was really good. I enjoyed it very much. I liked the Mandalorian, but I didn’t think it was great. This Andor series looks really really good. I’m looking forward to it.

Opinions.  Everyone's got one.  I really liked the Mandalorian.  🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

giphy.gif

I haven't watched Obi-Wan either.  Heard it was terrible.

Opinions.  Everyone's got one.  I really liked the Mandalorian.  🤷‍♂️

Mandalorian was a little slow to start but really picked up a lot of steam near the end of Season 1.