Andor

CooterBrown

Im wondering if we’re going to see that other shifts are disassembling whatever Andor’s shift is assembling. Basically that the purpose is to make complacent citizens that will eventually be returned to society. Stop questioning authority and do what you’re told.

that could lead to a complete mental breakdown of the prisoners to all learn their work is nothing.

36 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Im wondering if we’re going to see that other shifts are disassembling whatever Andor’s shift is assembling. Basically that the purpose is to make complacent citizens that will eventually be returned to society. Stop questioning authority and do what you’re told.

that could lead to a complete mental breakdown of the prisoners to all learn their work is nothing.

I doubt it, the imps use prison slave labor to build their military industrial complex and do menial labor. They wouldn't just waste that valuable labor and all the resources that went into the prisons

• Like 2

It’s like poetry. It’s definitely parts for the Death Star or AT-STs or some imperial instrument of death. I’ve always wondered how the Empire had endless supplies of giant war machines. This show helps show the slave labor involved. Like the little bits Solo showed of the ship yards on Corellia.

Edited by mdmost

3 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

So if they just send prisoners to another floor after they are told they are going home, how have they kept that a secret? The first time they did that the prisoner would tell all his new cell mates. Maybe I missed something.

I think it was a mistake and that's why they fried floor two. To keep that Intel from spreading.

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

So if they just send prisoners to another floor after they are told they are going home, how have they kept that a secret? The first time they did that the prisoner would tell all his new cell mates. Maybe I missed something.

It's a little reminiscent of the gulag work prison system, your freedom was just a new prison to keep working. The authoritarian parallel with history is pretty noticable, even if the fascist empire is borrowing from those dirty commies lol. 

I think the prisoner was supposed to be sent to at least a different building, if not a different planet all together where everyone else has also been "released". 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

It’s like poetry. It’s definitely parts for the Death Star or AT-STs or some imperial instrument of death. I’ve always wondered how the Empire had endless supplies of giant war machines. This show helps show the slave labor involved. Like the little bits Solo showed of the ship yards on Corellia.

The common thought amongst the breakdown and Star Wars gurus is that it kinda looks like they are building the leg hub of the viper imperial probe droid

12 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

The common thought amongst the breakdown and Star Wars gurus is that it kinda looks like they are building the leg hub of the viper imperial probe droid

That was my first thought. I had the Rebel cannon playset that came with the droid. 

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images1/1/0418/11/1979-kenner-star-wars-hoth-rebel_1_ed0cc6b8d2d468ea0765aa273575e303.jpg

Edited by CooterBrown

13 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

There seems to be some debate over whether they have been recycling prisoners the entire time or that they sent this guy to Level 2 by mistake and he was supposed to be released.

I think the prisoner was supposed to be released but was instead sent back to Level 2 by accident. Rather than own up to the mistake they fried the floor. 

That's why the doc said "nobody is getting out NOW" meaning nobody was going to be released since everyone will eventually find out what happened.

One of the Star Wars content creators on YouTube argued this - I'll post once I find it. 

13 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I think it could be a practice they just started, new tougher sentencing guidelines, blah blah blah.  

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm guessing that the recycling prisoners thing is a new development from P.O.R.D. Double all sentences then relocate anyone whose time expires. Like others said, it was probably supposed to be to a new building or facility, where their pleas would fall on deaf ears.

13 hours ago, The Dog said:

There seems to be some debate over whether they have been recycling prisoners the entire time or that they sent this guy to Level 2 by mistake and he was supposed to be released.

I think the prisoner was supposed to be released but was instead sent back to Level 2 by accident. Rather than own up to the mistake they fried the floor. 

That's why the doc said "nobody is getting out NOW" meaning nobody was going to be released since everyone will eventually find out what happened.

One of the Star Wars content creators on YouTube argued this - I'll post once I find it. 

That makes the most sense and could lead to a really good next episode. The whole prison riots and tries to escape. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

We saw Cassian and another prisoner thinking about going for it right then when a new guy was coming into their shift, and then they learned that the catwalks aren't electrified. I'd bet when Ulaf's replacement comes tomorrow, that's gonna be when shit pops off. 

bart f'ing scott

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Captainant said:

We saw Cassian and another prisoner thinking about going for it right then when a new guy was coming into their shift, and then they learned that the catwalks aren't electrified. I'd bet when Ulaf's replacement comes tomorrow, that's gonna be when shit pops off. 

I'd put money on this happening.

Right there conversation was they have to take the guards when that lift is halfway down and get it stuck there.

Since it isn’t electrified and allows them to use the lift without fear of shock.

I’m guessing Kino will be key in setting the action off since he’s an “indoctrinated” floor leader in the guards eyes

4 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

Yes, Ulysses Klaue in black panther.

He was also Gollum in lotr, Cesar in the planet of the apes series reboot, snoke in the sequel trilogy and he was Alfred in the new Batman movie.

Can’t wait to see how he turns to the Dark Side in this series. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Goddamn. I don’t know if we deserve Star Wars being this good.

Serkis gives his Emmy monologue and then 10 minutes later Skarsgard just puts on a masterclass.

Hell yeah! The rebellion story has always been the best and most emotional draw of Star Wars. It is what made "Rogue 1" so good and effective in tugging on the heart strings. "Rebellions are built on hope", the monologues, heart, guts, sacrafice. So many good moments in "Rogue 1" that show the heart, hardships, grit and guts of the rebellion. I didnt know if we'd see that again but Andor is not disappointing. Hope it stays on this trajectory and finishes strong.

Diego is such a good fit for his character, hell the entire casting is damn solid.  Serkis/Kino and Skarsgard/Rael's monologues were the tits. Gotta rewatch the Skarsgard's one again. Such good detail and delivery. That's the primo stuff of Star Wars that makes jiggle bits tingle. Now if they just put Bix in a Leia bikini this series will be the best ever.

A475A63B-4736-4344-BF0E-845BBE1B7471.gif.38aeb3dd09ff546f805b7936361006de.gif.94156d958b5eb9b4737e54d4774e554a.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I did not expect Skarsgård to have a more epic role as a previously-unknown character in Star Wars than as the Baron in Dune but here we are. Damn he’s great. I’ve loved him since Ronin.

The only missed beat IMO was Andor letting the two guards in the control room live. That was risky for no reason. But wow what an episode. Mon Mothma’s negotiation scene was great too.

Disney has a tough row to hoe. The original Star Wars movies were for kids, but now they have to satisfy those kids who are now in middle age, but also attract new fans. This show is on the right track: my 13 year old and I both love it.

• Hook 'Em 2