Andor

CooterBrown

14 hours ago, Lazarus Bocanegra said:

It had escaped my memory that Gilroy was also behind Michael Clayton. And I’ve long thought Michael Clayton would make an awesome series and this interview crushed that dream. Damn damn damn.

but back to Andor, how crazy is it that Andor was only brought to this prison in episode 8? The story and acting of Kino to go from dutiful shift lead who was going home soon (200 days?) to believably leading a revolt/escape all within 3 episodes. 

So... maybe more dumb questions so forgive me. 

Did we already know that ginger was a double agent? 

And did Dedra make him when he made his suggestion? 

Yeah her reaction could be taken 2 ways.

Disgust that the ISB still overrides her plans the same old plans.

OR

She was skeptical of his inserting himself.

It can go either way especially after we see him starting to panic in his meeting with Luthen.

52 minutes ago, Stringer said:

Something's up with his mother.  You don't cast Fiona Shaw and not have a death scene with her or at least more closure with her character before she dies.

Agreed on the haulcraft.  That was great.

That's 2 significant actors now that are presumed dead that we haven't seen die on screen. Hoping for GoT rules here. 

The haulcraft lasers were a nice touch. I was really hoping he'd go fuck up that cruiser before he took off. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Gilroy and the writing crew seem to be very purposeful in their writing. Re the mother, she's dead Jim. I think they are making the emphasis not on her death but on her life, what she meant to the planet, and what will happen at the funeral. 

Re Kino, he too is dead, Jim. It is confirmed at the end of this ep when Andor and the other fella discuss who else could've survived besides them with the answer being probably no one else. I think not showing his death is the writers and director's emphasizing let's remember how he lived, not how he died. The same will be conveyed at the Mom's funeral. Her death will be another spark to Andor becoming a full blown Rebel.

Also read the Rolling Stone article about Gilroy. I'm sure equal care and thought were taken in the other SW series, but it seems like they struck gold with the creative team that was assembled for this show. It's an amazing series which happens to occur in the SW universe. I think that's the difference between this and the other series. The other series think of themselves as SW show's first and then worry about the quality second.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 11/11/2022 at 11:23 PM, NorthLoop said:

So... maybe more dumb questions so forgive me. 

Did we already know that ginger was a double agent? 

And did Dedra make him when he made his suggestion? 

Did not know he was a double agent. But it played into how great of a a double secret spy he is and how invaluable he is to Luthen and the rebellion.

Dedra being a cunt when he made that suggestion was the writer director's way of showing how much of a self absorbed fuck everyone else cunt that she is. She's the poster child for how crazy the Imperial leadership is, how full of themselves they are, how ruthless they are... 

19 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

The shot at the end was good. We see Cassian knowing the life he has known is now dead with his mother gone. It ends with him there on a beach a brilliant light shimmering over the water behind him…..just like his actual life will end 5 years later.

But he didn't give homie any credits, just a blaster.  He's still not 100% rebel yet, he is still somewhat in a self preservation mode.  I suspect next week shows the full monty.

2 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

The shot at the end was good. We see Cassian knowing the life he has known is now dead with his mother gone. It ends with him there on a beach a brilliant light shimmering over the water behind him…..just like his actual life will end 5 years later.

Damn, getting me in my feels. Good stuff @Surly Bevo . This story and writing hasn’t missed a beat! 

The damn robot being sad and wanting to stay at the home to make sure Marva wasn't coming back. Like a dog waiting on his master to return. The writing is so good. I wonder what happened along the way to make him such a scared robot. When they did the flashback to when Marva and Klem found Andor, the robot was brave and taking a protective role. Now, he's almost like Andor's little kid brother. I have the feeling that changes next week during her funeral and he somehow sacrifices himself to save Andor. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Levi said:

That battle sequence with Luthen was so damn good. Quick, direct and no wasted shots. I usually don’t speak out loud but I let out a “holy shit” as they panned back to the captain of the ship. The mothers droid got me a bit sad. 

When they cast him, I really wondered how big of a role he would have.  Never imagined he’d be so well-written.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Also ties into Luthen's speech about the sunrise that he'll never see. I love how the writers and directors have taken the ending of R1, a movie made 6 years ago, and made it a theme throughout this series about the metaphorical new dawn of a world without the Empire.

• Like 1

Not my favorite episode but assume it was more of a setup for the finale.

Luthen will eventually have to stop thinking about the revolt at some point in the future and play the game today. btw, was that a light saber that Luthen had when he was frisked by Saw's guys?

Also thumbs down on the cleaning crew at the Empire Hotel for not discovering that a fortune was stored above the shower. For a technically advanced society, there doesn't seem to be many banking options. Unless you're borrowing to fund a revolution. 

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

The damn robot being sad and wanting to stay at the home to make sure Marva wasn't coming back. Like a dog waiting on his master to return. The writing is so good. I wonder what happened along the way to make him such a scared robot. When they did the flashback to when Marva and Klem found Andor, the robot was brave and taking a protective role. Now, he's almost like Andor's little kid brother. I have the feeling that changes next week during her funeral and he somehow sacrifices himself to save Andor. 

That would break me 

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not my favorite episode but assume it was more of a setup for the finale.

Luthen will eventually have to stop thinking about the revolt at some point in the future and play the game today. btw, was that a light saber that Luthen had when he was frisked by Saw's guys?

Also thumbs down on the cleaning crew at the Empire Hotel for not discovering that a fortune was stored above the shower. For a technically advanced society, there doesn't seem to be many banking options. Unless you're borrowing to fund a revolution. 

Either that or a fancy pepper grinder?

LOL honestly I don't know what it was, but don't think it was a lightsaber since Gilroy has said multiple times in interviews that there would be "no Jedi / no lightsabers" in Andor.

Assume it was some sort of fancy club-like weapon maybe?

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

Real curious what role Bix is gonna play next week. I doubt they'll just leave her character lingering on as a vegetable for the rest of her life. Maybe she comes to and sacrifices herself to save Andor at the last second, like Kyra in Chronicles of Riddick. 

Bix and Andor were imprisoned. Andor helped himself and the prisoners escape. I imagine he'll help Bix escape or she'll die during the escape.

31 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Either that or a fancy pepper grinder?

LOL honestly I don't know what it was, but don't think it was a lightsaber since Gilroy has said multiple times in interviews that there would be "no Jedi / no lightsabers" in Andor.

Assume it was some sort of fancy club-like weapon maybe?

It was the walking stick/club that he used in episode where he came to Ferrix. It collapses. 

adria-arjona-star-wars.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Real curious what role Bix is gonna play next week. I doubt they'll just leave her character lingering on as a vegetable for the rest of her life. Maybe she comes to and sacrifices herself to save Andor at the last second, like Kyra in Chronicles of Riddick. 

Setting aside that torture largely only brings false confessions, what intelligence value can she really provide- she already gave them info, right? She can’t even be bait with her brain broken

Edited by Pig Bellmont

6 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Pretty sure she's in a trailer having a conversation about the rebels with Cassian that we haven't seen.

Holy shit, I’ve watched this twice but I forget to post in the moment, so now I’m fuzzy on details again.

Supposedly Marva is already turned to bricks (or a brick) but they won’t let her pet droid inspect it yet? I think something is up with that, as has been suspected here. As said they never showed her death, just something wrapped in a sheet and everyone believed it.

Everything with Luthen is just so good. Skarsgard is just perfect for that role.

Is Mon about to get a 400k credit infusion from the Aldhani raid stash?

That haulceaft with the laser beams. Omgg 

13 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

Holy shit, I’ve watched this twice but I forget to post in the moment, so now I’m fuzzy on details again.

Supposedly Marva is already turned to bricks (or a brick) but they won’t let her pet droid inspect it yet? I think something is up with that, as has been suspected here. As said they never showed her death, just something wrapped in a sheet and everyone believed it.

Everything with Luthen is just so good. Skarsgard is just perfect for that role.

Is Mon about to get a 400k credit infusion from the Aldhani raid stash?

Not sure that tracks.  B was given a chance to go into her death room and alone with Marva and passed on the opportunity.  Then cut to the body being wheeled out. 

Yeah I think she’s dead, it was an episode or 2 ago when they were talking about her not taking meds and not eating anymore after she hurt herself trying to test the secret passages that were sealed up.

I half expected her to be a martyr ala Obi Wan in front of Luke to seal Cass’ switch from surviving thief to rebel with a cause.

• Hook 'Em 1

Caught up in 3 days without checking this thread, is there any question this is the best collective acting in anything Star Wars related ever?

16 minutes ago, Levi said:

I’m in the camp she’s dead. With Kino I think there’s a chance he may still be alone. That’s probably due to the fact that I love his character and I want to see more of him. It’s Serkis, who wouldn’t? 

There were guards hiding out, right? Don’t think he was solo there

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Caught up in 3 days without checking this thread, is there any question this is the best collective acting in anything Star Wars related ever?

There were guards hiding out, right? Don’t think he was solo there

Sorry, I meant to say “alive” not alone.

I agree with your first post, I think it’s easily the best acting we’ve seen in Star Wars. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, mdmost said:

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

That would break me 

Yeah, can’t help but feel sad for the droid. Although, I had to laugh when I realized his name is literally “be too emo” - B2EMO. The poor little guy can’t help it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1