Andor

CooterBrown

So I just binged this in the last 48 hours so couldn’t follow the whole thread but HOLY SHIT BALLS! Best show I’ve watched in a long time, Star Wars or otherwise.

I’m pretty convinced that Marva is, in fact, dead. But some of these monologues in the last few episodes are just epic - better than any others across the whole SW canon.

My only question about the finale is whether the black worker guy who was acting shady about getting intelligence about Cass coming back for the funeral - was he really trying to sell out Cass to the ISB or was he intentionally misdirecting them?

The other theme that is refreshing and relevant is the sheer ineptitude of the empire and ISB through arrogance and hubris. That adds a layer of plausibility to a) how the good guys can defeat seemingly insurmountable odds tactically but also to b) how the fascist and authoritarian empire decides it has to crush resistance and at the same time the resistance finds footing in the belief it might “win” in the end.

So. Damn. Good.

22 minutes ago, ohchaucer said:

My only question about the finale is whether the black worker guy who was acting shady about getting intelligence about Cass coming back for the funeral - was he really trying to sell out Cass to the ISB or was he intentionally misdirecting them?

nah fam.. he was snitchin like a mofo. 

and he got the stitches for it.

Edited by kingkoopa6
  • Hook 'Em 1

I questioned Marva’s death mostly because they had Fiona Shaw as the actress and there seemed to be more meat on that bone with the character for her to work with. Nothing really narratively pointed that way, just casting. Welp, asked and answered. She got her big speech and killed it. So long Marva. Godspeed.

One of the main criticisms I have seen of the show is that Andor himself is the least interesting part. I can’t really refute that point, but everything else around him is so damn good, I can easily look past it. The show is much more about the rebellion and is possibly misnamed, but you needed to sell the show. I’m sure Season 2 will be much more of the same where Andor is not the most important or interesting part.

Great season 1 and I look forward to Season 2.

• Hook 'Em 1

nah fam.. he was snitchin like a mofo. 
and he got the stitches for it.

Yea. Remember he is the guy who corned Cassian for money back in one of the first couple episodes. That’s what he is ultimately all about.

Also the music at the beginning. Basically adding new instruments at the beginning of every episode to where ultimately it’s a complete piece…with the drum (of war). Which you get again in the funeral march. Really well thought out.
  • Like 3

Also. Like the fight Mon Mothma picked with her husband knowing she is being listened to. Air cover for money movement.

Lucas couldn’t have written something that smart and if he had the idea, he’d have a preceding scene where Mon tells someone about it so the audience knows what’s going on.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Also the guy who plays Pegla (bell ringer gets em the ship set up at end). That’s Jamie Tartt’s dad in Ted Lasso. He’s guested in two really great television shows lately.

Lucas couldn’t have written something that smart and if he had the idea, he’d have a preceding scene where Mon tells someone about it so the audience knows what’s going on.

Right. Always heavy handed he was.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Good shit. The funeral procession with the drums was intense as hell. Kino’s speech, Luthen’ speech, and now Marva’s speech were fantastic. You could also throw in the reading of Nemik’s manifesto, too.The writing and production was probably the best we’ve seen from Star Wars since the ESB. Andor not fully being involved with the rebellion but ironically being part of building the most crucial part of the Death Star, which he will ultimately take the first step in destroying, was such a cool thing to see. They did it with the sunset, and now the parts he built while in prison. Just beautiful story telling. Can’t wait for season 2! Also, whoever kicked our precious emo boy over can touch grass. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

knew that limo driver couldn’t be trusted 

kinda tells us you werent watching closely.

Mon Mothma flat out told Luthen in his shop when she made that "surprise" stop at Luthen's shop in either ep 3/4/5  that she was being watched by ISB and that her driver was a ISB plant. 

1 hour ago, Levi said:

The writing and production was probably the best we’ve seen from Star Wars since the ESB. 

Probably the best writing ever IMO, but I’m a sacrilegious fanboy in that I don’t worship ANH and ESB as leaps and bounds above ROTJ, R1, and maybe ROTS. You can tell when this shit gets written by someone with a successful suspense/thriller/spy/action background and not by a SciFi Spaghetti Western loving virgin. 

• Like 1

It's gonna be interesting in season 2 when Vel and Cinta learn about Cassian!
Awesome fkn finale! I loved seeing big hammer bell dude getting in on the punch a fascist action too

Well season 2 is gonna jump 4 years forward so not sure them being surprised or perhaps even around will be part of the plot.