Andor

CooterBrown

There is a serious amount of character work and solid writing for a Star Wars show! Can't wait for next week, it's gonna be one heck of of a payoff

"Everyone has their own rebellion." Could be the tagline for the show!

Edit: also, ISB runs on space Adderall confirmed

Edited by Captainant

Damn I’m really enjoying this.

Hate having to wait until next week. Great setup episode. Builds the tension and the stakes. Knowing it’s a 12 episode season means there’s so much more ground to cover.

Is the fired “cop” with his mom gonna screw up this plan? Probably not. So what’s the angle?

And the Mon Mothma thread still pretty unclear except that she fully enters the rebellion.

Edited by LonghornSean

He's not done hunting for Andor.  He's not gonna mess with the heist, but he'll be after him again shortly.  I'm guessing Andor will be caught on camera and he's gonna see it and somehow get hooked up with the female intelligence officer.

Edited by kevwun

12 hours ago, Captainant said:

There is a serious amount of character work and solid writing for a Star Wars show! Can't wait for next week, it's gonna be one heck of of a payoff

"Everyone has their own rebellion." Could be the tagline for the show!

Edit: also, ISB runs on space Adderall confirmed

So far Chinese blue noodle take-out, coco puffs style cereal, and the space adderall are confirmed to be canon now. 

21 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

There’s just some actors that make everything better. This series has at least two with Diego Luna and Stellan Skarsgard. 

Diego is on one this series. He has been really really good. And i bet it will only get better when more shyt pops off.

I had to go back and rewatch rogue one with just his scenes for my diego fix.

13 hours ago, mdmost said:

Manifesto kid is obviously biting it or at least sacrificing himself for the cause.

Fucking Richie always getting into with people. 

lol gave me Bear flash backs. That dude knows how to play high strung characters.

Overall this latest episode did a good job of creating stress before the mission which doesn't happen in Star Wars. Usually the Ewoks just run out and do their thing with no fucks given.

13 hours ago, mdmost said:

Manifesto kid is obviously biting it or at least sacrificing himself for the cause.

Fucking Richie always getting into with people. 

yeah I'm thinking several of those dudes don't make it or one is a narc and Andor has to bail them out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I look forward to Episode 19 when they actually attempt the heist!

Ha yeah.  The thing is that this whole series is going to be like this. Tony Gilroy talked about it on The Watch podcast.

Essentially what they did was pair a writer/director for four 3-episode arcs. That’s why they released the first three at once. And I think that’s why we see the same pattern from the first three …. Two episodes building toward a showdown/action piece in the third.  

So I would expect next week’s episode to be the heist/action set piece then back to build-up/build-up/action over the next 3 and so on.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, F250 said:

lol gave me Bear flash backs. That dude knows how to play high strung characters.

Ha yes… and in addition to playing grown John Quincy Adams in John Adams, I finally figured out where else I’ve seen him… he played the douchy musician guy who was Allison Williams’ boyfriend in Girls, in which he got to do this:

image.gif.935aac300d132466ddb48da6f07ce2b3.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Finally caught up on this and fuck is it good. Like everyone else said, this is the reason we all liked Rogue One. No Jedi.. no stupid fluff. 

I watched R1 again today because why not and noticed one continuity error. Andor tells Jyn that he's been fighting "this fight" since he was 6. Doesn't seem to match up with what we see in the show. Very minor I know, but weird that they would overlook that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Andor tells Jyn that he's been fighting "this fight" since he was 6. Doesn't seem to match up with what we see in the show

I said the same thing.  I was like 6??? But he just started… maybe there is some flash back shyt that hasn’t happen yet. 

like what planet was he on. Who was the leader girl. More info on his sister…. He might have been fighting since 6.. wwe don’t know yet 

Or maybe just maybe a dude who is one of the Rebellion’s best spies has learned how to craft conversations to get what he wants and since Erso was all up his ass at that moment he just picked a plausible number for maximum effect so the woman would shut the fuck up and he could think.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Or maybe just maybe a dude who is one of the Rebellion’s best spies has learned how to craft conversations to get what he wants and since Erso was all up his ass at that moment he just picked a plausible number for maximum effect so the woman would shut the fuck up and he could think.

True. Any conversation with a woman can be ret-conned 

8 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

This show is gonna be amazing for those that binge it, but the 30ish minute episodes once a week kinda sucks.  I wish I could just not watch for the next 7 weeks…. But I don’t have that much self restraint 

I might do that. I don’t know many folks talking about it outside of our surly family. 

or prolly catch one more then wait and binge.  If that 3 part short series theory is right. 

11 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Finally caught up on this and fuck is it good. Like everyone else said, this is the reason we all liked Rogue One. No Jedi.. no stupid fluff. 

I watched R1 again today because why not and noticed one continuity error. Andor tells Jyn that he's been fighting "this fight" since he was 6. Doesn't seem to match up with what we see in the show. Very minor I know, but weird that they would overlook that. 

10 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

I said the same thing.  I was like 6??? But he just started… maybe there is some flash back shyt that hasn’t happen yet. 

like what planet was he on. Who was the leader girl. More info on his sister…. He might have been fighting since 6.. wwe don’t know yet 

I think "fighting since he was six" has something to do with there not being any adults/parents in the lord of the flies gang. I bet we're going to get more details of what happened to his home planet as we get more episodes

Edited by Captainant
  • Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 10:02 AM, Captainant said:

I think "fighting since he was six" has something to do with there not being any adults/parents in the lord of the flies gang. I bet we're going to get more details of what happened to his home planet as we get more episodes

Yes. This.

Plus, I like the fact that they bring up the various “factions” that are fighting the government, and even throws in Separatists. I thought that was a brilliant way to show that, to the “little people on the ground” like Andor there’s no difference between Separatists, Rebels, guerrilla groups like Saw Gurerra, etc…. To them it’s all just groups of people fighting the government… doesn’t make a difference if it’s the Galactic Republic or the Empire.  Because if it causes massive disruption to your life, and/or opportunities to make a little money what’s the difference?

But I think what Andor is going to learn in this series (starting with manifesto kid) is that there IS a difference, and the Empire is worth fighting.

I’m really liking this show.

Not that it isn’t being well received, but I believe it would be garnering more attention if “Star Wars” wasn’t attached to it.

You hear things like “it’s too slow“ and “it doesn’t feel like Star Wars” or “ I’m not invested in any of these characters”

But what’s funny about that is that when digging deeper into the back-stories of known characters such as Boba and Kenobi, fans complained nitpicked every little minute detail that didn’t mash up with what they had already envisioned in their own minds.

The blank canvass of this show and characters avoids that completely and it’s refreshing to watch.

• Like 2

What an awesome payoff. The visuals and cinematography were beautiful. The tension was there, too. It’s been a minute since I felt connected to characters in a Star Wars show but when half the crew went down I felt bad. Then, when Skeen decided to have different plans at the end, I was pissed and a little shocked. The Tie-Fighter pilots rushing to the ships was pretty cool. Tie-Fighters in general have been badass so far. 

• Hook 'Em 4