Andor

CooterBrown

8 hours ago, F250 said:

Shit, I thought this was the finale.

What's wild is there's another half of this season AND a whole 'nother season - we're only a quarter of the way through so far! Goddamn this is an incredible show!

I am curious to see the show explore more of Cassian's darker, dirtier work for the rebellion. He tells Jyn in R1 that he's done terrible things for the rebellion, and this show seems like it'll show all the gory and gritty detail. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

What's wild is there's another half of this season AND a whole 'nother season - we're only a quarter of the way through so far! Goddamn this is an incredible show!

I am curious to see the show explore more of Cassian's darker, dirtier work for the rebellion. He tells Jyn in R1 that he's done terrible things for the rebellion, and this show seems like it'll show all the gory and gritty detail. 

You mean like personally killing 3 guys in 6 episodes, any corpos who were killed in episode 3, any empire patsies he shot, plus the kid he paralyzed/killed with the hard takeoff? Those kind of terrible things? Because his body count is already pretty fucking high after 6 episodes. 

14 hours ago, DoneWithit said:

What an awesome payoff. The visuals and cinematography were beautiful. The tension was there, too. It’s been a minute since I felt connected to characters in a Star Wars show but when half the crew went down I felt bad. Then, when Skeen decided to have different plans at the end, I was pissed and a little shocked. The Tie-Fighter pilots rushing to the ships was pretty cool. Tie-Fighters in general have been badass so far. 

cousin!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, hornian said:

You mean like personally killing 3 guys in 6 episodes, any corpos who were killed in episode 3, any empire patsies he shot, plus the kid he paralyzed/killed with the hard takeoff? Those kind of terrible things? Because his body count is already pretty fucking high after 6 episodes. 

Right, Cassian is more shoot first ask questions later than even Han.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

So blonde lady didn’t want to take the kid to the doctor.  The greedy guy that Andor ices at the end insisted on it.  I’m sorry who am I rooting for again?

That's sort of a bit of the point.  You're not really sure who is the clear good guy and who is the clear bad guy at this stage of the game.

Though also the nice neat interpretation that the stop at the doctor provided the opportunity to jack the heist.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

So blonde lady didn’t want to take the kid to the doctor.  The greedy guy that Andor ices at the end insisted on it.  I’m sorry who am I rooting for again?

This is show is realistic. Like in real life, people are complicated. No one is all good, or all bad. People do things sometimes they regret. People do things for the wrong reasons, or give in to their desires one day, but not the next. Life is messy, and so are people. 

• Hook 'Em 2

The show does a great job in building the tension because even though I know Andor lives, it still had my pulse racing. The CGI for the Eye was fantastic. I guess I missed it but what happened to Lt. Gorn? Did he tell them to go and he stayed to fight the troops? 

This show is so good I can't believe it's Disney, and must assume Gilroy demanded total control and that Kathleen Kennedy be totally uninvolved. I find myself really enjoying the Intelligence Bureau drama, and Skarsgard and all the actors, are really killing it.

Edited by MagicSoccerSpray

52 minutes ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

This show is so good I can't believe it's Disney, and must assume Gilroy demanded total control and that Kathleen Kennedy be totally uninvolved. I find myself really enjoying the Intelligence Bureau drama, and Skarsgard and all the actors, are really killing it.

LOL.  Kathleen Kennedy as the fanboy boogey man never gets old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

LOL.  Kathleen Kennedy as the fanboy boogey man never gets old.

You're right, what was done to Luke, Boba, and Obi-Wan, was totally ok. There appears to be no difference in story quality between them and Rogue One/Andor.

Edited by MagicSoccerSpray
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yeah just ignore that she stepped in and transferred the story for Rogue One to Gilroy and had them do reshoots that made it a better movie. Also ignore that she greenlit an expensive ass multi-year prequel series featuring a one off character that's already dead. 

Edited by mdmost

40 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Yeah just ignore that she stepped in and transferred the story for Rogue One to Gilroy and had them do reshoots that made it a better movie. Also ignore that she greenlit an expensive ass multi-year prequel series featuring a one off character that's already dead. 

Exactly.

It's almost a disorder at this point. 

Everything bad with Star Wars: "Kathleen Kennedy sucks! She screwed up Star Wars"

Everything good with Star Wars: "Thank god Kathleen Kennedy wasn't involved!!"   

(LOL never mind the fact that she's had the exact same fucking job at LucasFilm (President) since 2012.

8 hours ago, mdmost said:

7 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Exactly.

It's almost a disorder at this point. 

Everything bad with Star Wars: "Kathleen Kennedy sucks! She screwed up Star Wars"

Everything good with Star Wars: "Thank god Kathleen Kennedy wasn't involved!!"   

(LOL never mind the fact that she's had the exact same fucking job at LucasFilm (President) since 2012.

I'd almost be right there, except she squeezed out 7 8 & 9, Boba, and Obi-wan. Those shows either totally sucked, or were barely tolerable. The Mandalorian was produced/ran by Filoni, and supposedly Iger stepped in and had Rogue 1 reshot and had Kennedy sidelined on the Mandalorian after she couldn't keep a director in the sequels (three different guys quit or were fired), and was operating without an outline or plan. She sucks.

Have you seen Andor? Do you like it?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The development of each character is spot on thus far. The way they are methodically working Cassian into the guy he is in Rouge One through conversations with his mother, Bix and etc is nice to see. I think too many times in SW, action scenes take the cake and we miss the personal side of things. Maybe more so recently. That’s why I think the dialogue and writing is so good in this show, I.e. Cassian and his mother discussing leaving together.  There’s layers to each character he interacts with, which in return reflects the grey zone of the rebel cause. 

Not to mention Luthen, Mon Mothma, and the ISB scenes hold a bunch of tension, and have been some of the best in the series. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

The development of each character is spot on thus far. The way they are methodically working Cassian into the guy he is in Rouge One through conversations with his mother, Bix and etc is nice to see. I think too many times in SW, action scenes take the cake and we miss the personal side of things. Maybe more so recently. That’s why I think the dialogue and writing is so good in this show, I.e. Cassian and his mother discussing leaving together.  There’s layers to each character he interacts with, which in return reflects the grey zone of the rebel cause. 

Not to mention Luthen, Mon Mothma, and the ISB scenes hold a bunch of tension, and have been some of the best in the series. 

Yes to everything you're saying here. This show feels like an old school EU paperback brought to life, breathing detail into the nitty gritty of the universe. I never would've thought we would get a cyberpunk-esque depiction of corporate drones inside the imperial machine, and yet we're getting a main character in the depth of that hell. 

I am FEASTING on this show, loving every minute of every episode. Every conversation between every character means something, and we're really seeing the point of crystalization where the polite facade of society drops away to reveal the growing authoritarian government that was there all along. 

And yeah, I really dig the ISB politicking and gamesmanship - it echoes how real authoritarian governments used that dynamic to keep people at each other's throats instead of asking why society sucked so bad

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, Captainant said:

I like to think space Florida was nice before the space fascists took over

Nobody was swimming, so either that's a) space Oregon, b) the Empire has banned it, c) Kathleen Kennedy is too cheap to hire extras that can swim!!

Mon Motha is also a looker.  I like her whip too.

Edited by closetohumping
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

I'd almost be right there, except she squeezed out 7 8 & 9, Boba, and Obi-wan. Those shows either totally sucked, or were barely tolerable. The Mandalorian was produced/ran by Filoni, and supposedly Iger stepped in and had Rogue 1 reshot and had Kennedy sidelined on the Mandalorian after she couldn't keep a director in the sequels (three different guys quit or were fired), and was operating without an outline or plan. She sucks.

Kathleen Kennedy had/has the exact same job at LucasFilm for every show you mentioned. She's the President of Lucasfilm. She isn't "running" any of the shows or films day to day.

• If you don't like the sequel trilogy, blame J.J. Abrams and Rian Johnson.
  • If you don't like Boba Fett or Obi-Wan, blame Robert Rodriguez and Deborah Chow.

I'm not going to bother with "supposed" shit that happened based on fanboy message board bullshit.

The bottom line is that she's president of LucasFilm and has been since 2012. She's been in charge of *everything* they put out in the past decade.  So you can say "she sucks" if you don't like something, but then you can't turn around and not give her credit for hiring Dave FIloni and John Favearu or Tony Gilroy and greenlighting the shows you *do* like.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

Is this a Derka sock?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

No one going to mention Wullf Yularen showing up? 

Yeah, I was about to mention that, but wasn't for sure if I should spoiler it or not. He had the line of the episode when he said that "the use of any local festival or customs as cover for any rebel activity will trigger permenant revocation of Imperial tolerance". I thought that was an awesome line for the ISB.

One question, wasn't he Admiral Yularen in the Clone Wars? Here, he's listed as Colonel Yularen. Why the demotion? 

6 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Yeah, I was about to mention that, but wasn't for sure if I should spoiler it or not. He had the line of the episode when he said that "the use of any local festival or customs as cover for any rebel activity will trigger permenant revocation of Imperial tolerance". I thought that was an awesome line for the ISB.

One question, wasn't he Admiral Yularen in the Clone Wars? Here, he's listed as Colonel Yularen. Why the demotion? 

Stuck his junk in some lady officers punch which subsequently gave her an std 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:

I think in the Tarken novel he resigned his naval commission and joined the ISB as a Colonel. 

7 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

This show continues to be very engaging. It’s going to eclipse ANH and ESB if it keeps up this pace. It’s unfortunate it sounds like no one is watching it so this is probably all we will get of the adult Star Wars.

The show is definitely going to continue to lean into more harsh and uncomfortable issues - the Andor trailer showed him in a prison planet working in what looks quite a bit like an apple factory. I suspect there's going to be some folks complaining that "Star Wars is getting too political" as the show explores the prison industrial complex, especially after Andor got booked on what was basically a Terry Stop lol