Cheesesteaks

Patricio Swayze

I don’t think we have a dedicated thread, but if we do, just kill me and dump my body in a ditch.

My favorite in Houston is still Pappa Geno’s.

I keep on seeing ads on social media for Deen’s and Capriotti’s, but have not tried either. Anyone have some first hand experience?

I think the last place I ate a cheesesteak at was Chimac. It’s a Korean/Korean fusion place in the NW burbs. I was underwhelmed (I do like their bowls).

I’ll admit, I am picky. I cooked ch

Deen’s has terrible reviews from anyone I know that’s been there.
Jake’s on Chimney Rock was my jam back in the day when I wasn’t getting the Texican from Texadelphia.

I haven’t been to Jake’s at that location in 20+ years. I think the last times I ate at Jake’s was when they had a location on FM 1960 back in 2001. This was an especially shitty time in my life. I haven’t back to Jake’s since.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just started working near the Galleria for the first time in 14 years. Went over to Jake's today for lunch. Had fried pickle chips that were absolutely delicious. Ordered a cheesesteak with onions, jalapenos, and cheese whiz. It was as good as I remembered it being. Would absolutely go again.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1