Britney Griner

Baboontyme

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just now, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Wait we left whelan though? Not saying this isn’t great news but that has to be crushing for his family. 

That's my general thought.  Happy for Griner but a 1:1 swap for an international criminal known as the Merchant of Death seems a little....unbalanced.

It seems we could have gotten quite a few Americans out as part of the deal...but then again WTF do I know.

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Wait we left whelan though? Not saying this isn’t great news but that has to be crushing for his family. 

As I mentioned on the politics board, the Whelan family has made a statement praising this move and not waiting for something that may not have happened with Whelan being freed as well.

Whelan’s brother as also come out and said this morning that he believes the US doesn’t have anyone that Russia wants in exchange for Paul. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’d never heard of this guy but he was a former US marine jailed in Russia, and we prisoner swapped a Russian drug dealer for his return back in April. Does stuff like this happen all the time and it just isn’t talked about? 

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/04/27/trevor-reed-texas-russia-prison-swap/

I'm not sure, but it appears you're suggesting that wasn't talked about at the time? It was a really big deal. No biggie you didn't hear about it, but it meant you weren't paying attention to pretty much any news source whatsoever. The story and interviews with him were plastered all over the place.

By the way, I'm very glad Griner has been released. I sure wish Whelan had been, too. There was also an educator who was arrested shortly after Griner for stupidly taking in marijuana he had a medical prescription for. I don't know what his status is, but it can't be good. 

I have never understood the Britney defenders who think it is unjust that she be punished for breaking drug laws in the country where she was. No one put a gun to her head to play basketball in Russia, and certainly nobody made her transport drugs through an airport. 

And for it all, we released the “merchant of death” back to an enemy nation in the middle of an unjust invasion/war against Ukraine. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I have never understood the Britney defenders who think it is unjust that she be punished for breaking drug laws in the country where she was. No one put a gun to her head to play basketball in Russia, and certainly nobody made her transport drugs through an airport. 

And for it all, we released the “merchant of death” back to an enemy nation in the middle of an unjust invasion/war against Ukraine. 

We blinked. This swap was offered over 4 months ago to include whelan and griner. Whatever Bout is tied to after this will have crazy blowback.

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

We blinked. This swap was offered over 4 months ago to include whelan and griner. Whatever Bout is tied to after this will have crazy blowback.

They turned it down because they think (or say) that Whelan was involved in espionage or some shit. They aren't handing him over. Whelans family essentially said today that we tried and the Russians won't do any exchange for him.

They turned it down because they think (or say) that Whelan was involved in espionage or some shit. They aren't handing him over. Whelans family essentially said today that we tried and the Russians won't do any exchange for him.

We just let the enemy walk. Remember that part in saving private Ryan where the enemy walks and at the end of the movie he rejoined shooting across the bridge?

Any blood tied to Bout is on this trade. And russia hates us way more than they did when we arrested him 14 years ago. They’re probably going to put him right to work….unless he’s handed his moralized papers and sent to Ukraine right away. That’d be funny
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Can I say "I'm glad that my fellow American is home safe, but that I'm pissed off that her actions ultimately led to the release of a real shitty dude"?

This is where I'm at.  It's obvious the charges against her were trumped up and fuck Russia in the goat ass with a rusty scalpel  But because of her fucking stupidity, a really dangerous man is now out of U.S. control and custody.  

So . . . welcome home, Brittney Griner.  And fuck you.  You better hope Viktor Bout causes no harm to your fellow American citizens in the future.

• Hook 'Em 2

This is where I'm at.  It's obvious the charges against her were trumped up and fuck Russia in the goat ass with a rusty scalpel  But because of her fucking stupidity, a really dangerous man is now out of U.S. control and custody.  
So . . . welcome home, Brittney Griner.  And fuck you.  You better hope Viktor Bout causes no harm to your fellow American citizens in the future.
Yep, and instead Biden says "she represents the best about Amercia" or some other bullshit and will surely invite her to the White House, etc. You got the dumb cunt released. No need to celebrate it or her.
  • Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, cabowabo said:
1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

Yep, and instead Biden says "she represents the best about Amercia" or some other bullshit and will surely invite her to the White House, etc. You got the dumb cunt released. No need to celebrate it or her.

"Represents the best about America?"

Who said that? 

55 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

"Represents the best about America?"

Who said that? 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2022/12/08/remarks-by-president-biden-on-the-release-of-brittney-griner/

Brittney is an incomparable athlete, a two-time Olympic Gold medalist for Team USA.  She endured mistreatment and a show — at a show trial in Russia with characteristic grit and incredible dignity.  She represents the best America — the best about America — just across the board, everything about her.  

14 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Who was more likely to die in custody.  My money is on Whelan.  Griner being a celeb shouldn't have moved her to the front of the line.

There isn't a line. Whelan wasn't on the table. His own family has confirmed that. 

3 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

We just let the enemy walk. Remember that part in saving private Ryan where the enemy walks and at the end of the movie he rejoined shooting across the bridge?

Any blood tied to Bout is on this trade. And russia hates us way more than they did when we arrested him 14 years ago. They’re probably going to put him right to work….unless he’s handed his moralized papers and sent to Ukraine right away. That’d be funny

You posted elsewhere that you would have taken the same deal if you were in Griner's position. 

47 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2022/12/08/remarks-by-president-biden-on-the-release-of-brittney-griner/

Brittney is an incomparable athlete, a two-time Olympic Gold medalist for Team USA.  She endured mistreatment and a show — at a show trial in Russia with characteristic grit and incredible dignity.  She represents the best America — the best about America — just across the board, everything about her.  

Yeah next time he should call her a stupid piece of shit?

Fuck outta here

• Hook 'Em 1