2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

TrashMaster G

I read that they've been moved already. From what I read on another board, we know the hotel, and it was fine as of a few years ago. Probably got decimated like the rest of the hospitality industry since it was a lower end property but still clean and functional as of 2019. The "Stillwater is a shithole" trope is kind of tired. It's a small town that depends on the college for its primary existence. There is some nice stuff, plenty of crappy stuff, and not much to do outside the university. Or in other words, its a rural college town, like dozens of others across the US.

41 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Sure, if that makes you feel better. Did you see the facebook post that Stillwater is the most overrated town in the state! So true, lulz! Might as well call it Stoolwater! See what I did there?!?!

That was bizarre. Since when is Stillwater highly rated?

Also isn't Stillwater close-ish to OKC? Hardly that rural.

12 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

That was bizarre. Since when is Stillwater highly rated?

Also isn't Stillwater close-ish to OKC? Hardly that rural.

That's the exact point I made on the other thread. It lists a ton of small college towns. If they are "highly rated" its by alum who enjoyed their 4 years there and probably sports weekends, not much else. It's clickbait nonsense.

Stillwater is an hour drive from OKC and and hour drive from Tulsa. I consider it rural, but close enough that you can get to one of those cities without too much effort. I know a couple of my professors even lived in Tulsa or OKC and commuted, or took the Big Orange Bus that connected the Tulsa campus to Stillwater.

38 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Uh yeah, that can be rural. But as a youth, I would have considered Stillwater kinda big. A city.

Definitely rural, but not too isolated.

Back to baseball. Fuck OU and Go Oral Bob.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

I tagged along with my high school senior on his trip to Oklahoma State this year. I really liked Stillwater and it absolutely would have been the silver lining had he chosen OSU. Reminded me of Austin eons ago when I was a kid.

Back to softball.

Good lord, are you Army Brat's father? I can't imagine how far back you have to go to find Austin with a population of 50,000. Maybe the late 1800s?

• Haha 4

what the fuck is wrong with a good Cuban sammich?

On all fronts, good luck today ladies and assholes.  Time for the real season to start...

Edited by slorch

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I believe a Sunday through Tuesday regional is possible but any other weather hiccups and things are extremely dicey.

Yep, Tuesday is possible if needed. The NCAA outlines what happens if Friday/Sat is both rained out.  It can go until Tuesday if needed. 

That is from last year's manual: 

image.png.9d3310a000485406faec398e437cd85c.png

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Looks like aggy is changing up their rotation after 4 bad starts in a row from their Friday starter. Micah Dallas is now starting. 

Oral Roberts will likely be starting Ledgend Smith who was just named a 3rd team All-American. 

Dallas has been extremely shaky the last few months. Had a good start against Florida last week but was really bad the few starts prior.

12 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Dallas has been extremely shaky the last few months. Had a good start against Florida last week but was really bad the few starts prior.

aggys starting pitching is very shaky. 

Even in the Florida start, Dallas didn't make it past 5 innings. It's been nearly 2 months since Dallas went deeper than 5 innings. They've been winning by scoring a lot of runs so we will see if that continues against better pitching in the postseason. 

18 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Looks like aggy is changing up their rotation after 4 bad starts in a row from their Friday starter. Micah Dallas is now starting. 

Oral Roberts will likely be starting Ledgend Smith who was just named a 3rd team All-American. 

Always a good idea to shake up your starting rotation right before regionals.

• Haha 1

Just now, ztejas said:

Always a good idea to shake up your starting rotation right before regionals.

They've been shaking up their rotation for weeks because they don't have any good starters. 

The guy they're starting today wasn't even in the starting rotation in their final 2 SEC series because he was so bad in previous starts. 

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

They've been shaking up their rotation for weeks because they don't have any good starters. 

The guy they're starting today wasn't even in the starting rotation in their final 2 SEC series because he was so bad in previous starts. 

aggy gonna aggy

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

aggy gonna aggy

Can't wait until they fail to get out of College Station and then blame the NCAA for "screwing the aggies by giving us an overinflated seed to ensure we don't win" because "reasons" 

16 minutes ago, bluto said:

Is ESPN doing any whip around covg for regionals? 

Yes but can’t tell what/when is on espn vs needing espn+
I went ahead and bit the bullet and signed up for annual espn+ subscription last week (chase sapphire cardholders can get 20% off (credit card point talk not going away)

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2022/06/the-road-to-omaha-starts-here-ncaa-baseball-regionals-action-begin-friday-across-espn-networks/amp/

schedule:

https://espnpressroom.com/us/college-baseball/

Aggy calls their baseball crowd the 12th man too? How does that make any fucking sense? There are nine players at a time on the field and in the batting order. Seems pretty disrespectful to the baseball team to use football terms. Let it stand on its own. OSU has a unique logo for baseball (the awesome interlocking OS).

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1