2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

TrashMaster G

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

That guy did his job. Actually he did someone else’s job, and wasn’t there to do his job. 

Yeah, the kid pitched a hell of a game. But I believe in karma and that team had it coming. Hell, Texas probably has it coming at some point too.

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Yeah, the kid pitched a hell of a game. But I believe in karma and that team had it coming. Hell, Texas probably has it coming at some point too.

No. The baseball gods are with us. So let it be written, so let it be done.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That guy did his job. Actually he did someone else’s job, and wasn’t there to do his job. 

Its hard to tell which guy did what job what with all the cool san marcos moostaches an shit.

• Haha 2

Just now, Beau Vine said:

Fuck it, that was a great game and we had a great season.

We're going to have to do some serious reloading through the portal, but this regional helps that. 

Well people have heard of Texas State now, that's for sure.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

SEC West Champs

If serious, that's some fucked up shit imho. Winning your division shouldn't get you a better seed than teams from conferences with no divisions.

We can't get to the SECSECSEC quick enough.

Edited by wood

1 minute ago, wood said:

If serious, that's some fucked up shit imho. Winning your division shouldn't get you a better seed than teams from conferences with no divisions.

We can't get to the SECSECSEC quick enough.

Well if we had finished just a few games higher in the Big 12 we would have been a national seed. If we won those two games against Kansas State. Can't do that shit and finish 5th even in the SECSECSEC.

Anyway it don't make a shit. We're in a good spot.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Rholl said:

runner on 2nd and 3rd.... I IBB that guy to try and at least set up DP.... no way I pitch to him with infield in.  

Agreed. Though when there is a guy on 3rd with less than 2 outs you pull the outfield in as well. I didn't get why the left fielder was still back there on that base hit.

But oh well.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Rholl said:

runner on 2nd and 3rd.... I IBB that guy to try and at least set up DP.... no way I pitch to him with infield in.  

he had 2 strikes on him when the wild pitch happened I believe.  they went with trying to get the K.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Agreed. Though when there is a guy on 3rd with less than 2 outs you pull the outfield in as well. I didn't get why the left fielder was still back there on that base hit.

But oh well.

I thought the same thing as well.  he wasn't in close enough.

I just want to say what an amazing four days. I had a good time at the Disch on Saturday and Sunday, especially that really exciting La Tech game, and watched so much intense and bizarre post season baseball right up until Stanford walked it off. And our Softball Team pulling off a miracle in OKC (sorry Beau Vine). Fired up as fuck to see us go into Greenville and whip East Carolina. I hope @texifornia and the rest of you Carolina Longhorns will be there.

Can't wait to do it again with the Super Regionals. This really is the best time of year for College Baseball fans...so long as your team is winning.

Even with OU, Arkansas, and A&M winning. Boooooo. But besides that a great time. 

• Hook 'Em 7

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

I just want to say what an amazing four days. I had a good time at the Disch on Saturday and Sunday, especially that really exciting La Tech game, and watched so much intense and bizarre post season baseball right up until Stanford walked it off. And our Softball Team pulling off a miracle in OKC (sorry Beau Vine). Fired up as fuck to see us go into Greenville and whip East Carolina. I hope @texifornia and the rest of you Carolina Longhorns will be there.

Can't wait to do it again with the Super Regionals. This really is the best time of year for College Baseball fans...so long as your team is winning.

Even with OU, Arkansas, and A&M winning. Boooooo. But besides that a great time. 

I just got my heart ripped out, and I agree with you 100% (except for the labial nonsense intrusion).  What a fucking weekend! 

So supers on left side of bracket (our side) are all Fri/Sat/Sun, right side on Sat/Sun/Mon.  This ensures we would play on Friday in Omaha. 

Is it purely up to ESPN to decide who gets afternoon or night game?  I'm currently set to land in Omaha on Friday at 2pm so trying to decide if I should change my flight in case we somehow get bumped up to the afternoon game.  Would think a rematch with Tennessee would ensure the prime time slot but then again... NCAA.  

On 6/5/2022 at 12:15 PM, oSuJeff97 said:

And just because we can never ever have nice things, here's how the rest of this will play out:

• OU will make the CWS.
  • We will play OU in the WCWS championship and predictably lose, probably after doing something to give false hope, like winning the first game and leading late in the second; so after providing that false hope we'll get run-ruled in the 3rd.

Well. This didn’t age well. 

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Our series might be over hours before the night Saturday-Sunday-Monday series even start.

I love when that happens (if we win).  Then we just get to enjoy the rest of the games until the CWS. 

3 minutes ago, WBT said:

Would be nuts if aggy and ou both end up in omaha in our bracket.

Playing each other no less. At least one is guaranteed to lose if that happens.

If Notre Dame beats Tennessee that would be 'Team of Destiny' type shit and I would hate to get a team like that in the first game. It would be like playing NC State last year and COVID is unlikely to infect Notre Dame.

Edited by Valmy77