2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

TrashMaster G

3 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

ND has been to the CWS exactly twice, the most recent being 20 years ago.

I would love to play a team like that in the first game.

Yeah they were there when we won it in 2002. Shit that has been 20 years?

They sent Rice home IIRC.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Fuck it, that was a great game and we had a great season.

We're going to have to do some serious reloading through the portal, but this regional helps that. 

Yep, we're losing almost out entire starting lineup and our closer to graduation. 

I'm just hoping this season can signal the start of a new era for TXST baseball, where making a regional isn't a once in a decade phenomenon. If we're gonna be stuck with a 4-8 football program year after year, maybe we can at least be a perennial contender in baseball. 

33 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

If Notre Dame beats Tennessee that would be 'Team of Destiny' type shit and I would hate to get a team like that in the first game. It would be like playing NC State last year and COVID is unlikely to infect Notre Dame.

Meh, it's been 56 years since a team from that part of the country won it all. If they win, they truly were a team of destiny and nobody was gonna stop it.

9 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Fuck it, that was a great game and we had a great season.

We're going to have to do some serious reloading through the portal, but this regional helps that. 

Congrats on a great season !

Do you think Trout will be a Baylor candidate  ?    Sharp guy !

7 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Super Regional winner predictions: Tennessee, Texas, Louisville, OU, Stanford, Arkansas, So Miss and Oregon St

Tenn, VA Tech, Louisville, Texas, Stanford, Auburn, Arky, Ole Miss

A lot of people are really overlooking ND. They are damn good. 

This is the absurdity of the NCAA committee. ND Is #6 in RPI and has 17 quadrant 1 wins while East Carolina is #10 in RPI and has 4 quadrant 1 wins. One of those teams is a top 8 seed and the other one wasn't even a regional host. 

ND should have been a regional host and I could make a good argument they should have received a national seed over several other teams. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

A&M is gonna hatefuck Louisville. Just have a feeling. Louisville’s had to play so much & their pitching is trash(ed).

Both teams are going to destroy the other team's pitching. 

A&M is 65th in team ERA and Louisville is 6th in runs scored. Louisville would probably be top 3 in runs scored if not for injuries to start the year. 

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

A&M is gonna hatefuck Louisville. Just have a feeling. Louisville’s had to play so much & their pitching is trash(ed).

Your rate of being correct over the years on claims made on this site is about 4%, you do know that right? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Your rate of being correct over the years on claims made on this site is about 4%, you do know that right? 

That’s such an old myth. People think it’s true because I was so vocally wrong about UT to the SEC. On the whole my hit rate on predictions is the same as anyone else’s.

I hate A&M as much as the next guy but you’d have to be an idiot to not see that they’re superior to Louisville in every way. Even offensively I’d say it’s a push after you adjust for competition. 

4 hours ago, torre said:

Congrats on a great season !

Do you think Trout will be a Baylor candidate  ?    Sharp guy !

I have heard recently from someone close, Trout is only interested in leaving TxST for TCU (Alma Mater), unless a blue blood comes along.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

They will have plenty of time to rest. We'll see. 

26 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I hate A&M as much as the next guy but you’d have to be an idiot to not see that they’re superior to Louisville in every way. Even offensively I’d say it’s a push after you adjust for competition. 

Louisville is in the ACC man. Competition isn't that different.

Anyway I haven't watched either team enough to know for sure who is superior in every way. Louisville seems like they can hit and so can A&M. Both teams seem to have mediocre pitching staffs. Should be lots of runs.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

I have heard recently from someone close, Trout is only interested in leaving TxST for TCU (Alma Mater), unless a blue blood comes along.

I hope Baylor's new coach is as douchey as Baylor in general It was hard to hate on Rodriguez.

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

49 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That’s such an old myth. People think it’s true because I was so vocally wrong about UT to the SEC. On the whole my hit rate on predictions is the same as anyone else’s.

42 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Oh

20 minutes ago, Helobious said:

“Hatefuck” is probably extreme but I do think A&M will end up beating the cardinals. Hope ND gets in, I like when northern schools make it. I don’t really count Oregon St in that since they’re west coast. 

BRB, gotta go put my life savings on Louisville.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Didn't it?

We trade one type of stomach-punch loss for another.  Six one way, half-a-dozen the other.

Yeah well I am just glad you made it up to me after blowing it against Arkansas not once, but fucking twice.

Now I have to pin my hopes on those powder blue dorks from UNC. Thanks OSU.

22 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Louisville is the better hitting team but both can hit. A&M is the better pitching team but both are mediocre. 

Louisville isn't great defensively but A&M is flat out terrible defensively. They better not give Louisville free outs with that lineup. 

Animated GIF

angry jimmy GIF by South Park

Sp20Moments GIF by South Park