2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

TrashMaster G

Air Force to Austin as the 4 makes a little sense with San Antonio having a significant AF population.  Hell, Army to Austin would have been alright with Ft Hood being in the proximity.

Army's last 3 Regionals: Lubbock( 2019,) Lubbock( 2021,) and wait for it... Hattiesburg( 2022.)   Somebody hates Army baseball. 

One caveat for the Black Knights, they added a game that was played yesterday against Columbia( 3seed in Blacksburg,) in which the Lions won 8-5.

Edited by slorch

Yep It's obvious no fucks are given. I apologize for giving the NCAA credit for considering any of that shit.

4's are cannon fodder.

Edited by slorch

I’d like Texas, Okie St, and Tech to beat the shit out of their teams in the regional this first weekend and win the next to get to Omaha. Fuck ou and aggy. Let’s get some of last year’s magic working!

Omaha or bust, Motherfuckers! 🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

No way

They pounded our pitching earlier this year.

While Gordon is fine you cannot risk not throwing your ace in game one against them.

it will be Hansen and then Gordon in game 2.

Yea it definitely won’t considering Pierce has thrown his #2 in every regional we’ve had. 

38 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Guess Rodriguez couldn't handle that stench at baylorU anymore... probably goes back out to the west coast somewhere...

Just saw this: "A source tells InsideTheBears.com that the leading candidate to take over for Rodriguez is Mitch Thompson. Thompson currently serves as the head coach at McLennan Community College and has been one of the top CC coaches since his arrival in 2014. "

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

We are a different team once the big boy games start so fuck all these “were in so much trouble after our best pitchers” pussiness.

I will be happy for you to laugh and call me a pussy once we watch Zane Morehouse pitch his No Hitter on Sunday.

• Haha 2

Two texas teams with a legit CWS favorable draw. Texas State gets out of Palo Alto  and they’ve got a real chance. Texas too.  If I was a sports gambler I’d strongly consider wagering on both to make it.  So I’ll call my shot now, two teams from texas in the CWS and neither are the Aggies or Frogs. Horns and Bobcats. 

D3841284-88C7-44C9-968A-5994426740AF.jpeg

37E290D8-C928-46D9-9A84-49FB303F63B9.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

For the Omaha veterans... assuming we punched a ticket to Omaha, at what point do we know 1) which bracket we are in, and 2) what time our first game is?   Looking back a few years, it seems they alternate between the winners of the 1-8-4-5 and 3-6-2-7 supers being in Bracket 1 (games on first day) but not perfectly clear.  If I'm looking at things right, this year would be year for 3-6-2-7 to get first day, meaning we wouldn't play until Saturday.  You guys see it same way?

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Maybe we should refer to the top 8 as “super seeds” since they host supers? I personally always say “seeded teams” for top 16 and “national seeds” for top 8. 

Yeah. I always just kind of say we have “national seeds” and “hosts.”

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah. I always just kind of say we have “national seeds” and “hosts.”

They've just started doing national seeds for all the #1s in the past couple of years.  Before that, they only seeded the top 8 as "national seeds."  Now that they seed all 16, it's kind of a pointless distinction, because 99% of the time, the #1 seed hosts.  

• Drool 1

54 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

For the Omaha veterans... assuming we punched a ticket to Omaha, at what point do we know 1) which bracket we are in, and 2) what time our first game is?   Looking back a few years, it seems they alternate between the winners of the 1-8-4-5 and 3-6-2-7 supers being in Bracket 1 (games on first day) but not perfectly clear.  If I'm looking at things right, this year would be year for 3-6-2-7 to get first day, meaning we wouldn't play until Saturday.  You guys see it same way?

but to give an actual answer, no. They don’t flip flop seeds every other year.

go look and see if the CWS day 1 games also were fri/sat/sun supers and day 2 sat/sun/mon. That’s probably a better indicator (and one you’ll know around late next Monday)

Edited by UTexasFight

1 hour ago, Droopy said:

I’d like Texas, Okie St, and Tech to beat the shit out of their teams in the regional this first weekend and win the next to get to Omaha. Fuck ou and aggy. Let’s get some of last year’s magic working!

Omaha or bust, Motherfuckers! 🤘🏼

Except fuck tech. Hope they lose to notre dame. Twice. They can watch us in Omaha from the lovely tourist destination Lubbock. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, 40acredropout said:

The brackets are actually already set. We will be playing the winner of Tennessee's bracket in the first game if we go to Omaha. The A&M and Virginia Tech supers are the other two brackets on our side.

If you are going to go, go for the first four days. There are ton of games every single one of those days and then they space out. 

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Okie State said:
1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:
Never a bad time to post this

nub3BG.gif

Still can't believe that shit happened. That's something that would happen to us.

They went all out aggy which is so hard to do it’s an hell of an accomplishment.

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That was pretty much what I was implying. They are such petty fucks. 

Disagree 100%

NC State finished with a losing record in the ACC. They were what? 11th? The bubble had a rough year. Lots of deserving teams got left out. I don't want to hear losing record teams bitching and moaning.

Fuck you NC State. West Virginia didn't get in either and they didn't have a fucking losing conference record. You wanted a bid? Win your damn conference tournament. This is A&M basketball whining and entitlement.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Okie State said:
1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:
Never a bad time to post this

nub3BG.gif

Still can't believe that shit happened. That's something that would happen to us.

I was in Bentonville visiting family at the time and snuck out to a brewery and this was on the tv. I remember the groans but they didn't realize at the time it would cost them, lol. I actually felt a little bad for them, I know some Pig fans who are good people.

13 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I actually looked it up.

NC State went 7-8 in their last 15 ballgames.

That included getting swept at home by Wake Forest by a combined 19-4.

Seems like they snubbed themselves...

Eh.  Record in last 15 is not something that's supposed to be used by the committee.  The committee head specifically mentioned NC State's non-conference SOS (#181).  Arkansas got a 2-seed with worse RPI (41 vs 32) and a worse ncf  SOS (256).  He also talked about how NC State only won 4 of their conference series -- you know who else only won 4 of their conference series?  #10 overall seed UNC.  Georgia, Ole Miss, and Wake also only won 4 of their conference series.

I'd be pissed at the committee if I were a Wolfpack fan.  Not as pissed as I would have been last year at them for not getting vaxxed, but still pissed.

• Drool 1

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Eh.  Record in last 15 is not something that's supposed to be used by the committee.  The committee head specifically mentioned NC State's non-conference SOS (#181).  Arkansas got a 2-seed with worse RPI (41 vs 32) and a worse ncf  SOS (256).  He also talked about how NC State only won 4 of their conference series -- you know who else only won 4 of their conference series?  #10 overall seed UNC.  Georgia, Ole Miss, and Wake also only won 4 of their conference series.

I'd be pissed at the committee if I were a Wolfpack fan.  Not as pissed as I would have been last year at them for not getting vaxxed, but still pissed.

The memo distributed to the ACC coaches seems to be crying that the ACC had no rep on the committee to puff them up I guess 

christ.  aggy as the 5 seed, what ridiculous horseshit. RPI of 21. this is why we are going to the SEC.  if we do what we normally do, in the SEC, the committee is going to have to give us a bye to a super regional.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

That's all fair, but I still feel like if NC State had won just 2 of those 8 they lost down the stretch, they're in.  One might have done it.  They can also schedule some better OOC opponents.  Control what you can and don't leave it in the hands of the judges, so to speak.

Somebody's always gonna feel snubbed, but even if they're right, they have to look in the mirror first.

Edited by TexArcher

39 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

christ.  aggy as the 5 seed, what ridiculous horseshit. RPI of 21. this is why we are going to the SEC.  if we do what we normally do, in the SEC, the committee is going to have to give us a bye to a super regional.

The top 8 seeds

Tennessee #1 RPI

Oregon State #2 RPI

Stanford #3 RPI

Virginia Tech #5 RPI

East Carolina #8 RPI

Oklahoma State #10 RPI

Miami #15 RPI

A&M #22 RPI 

A&M doesn't get a top 8 seed if they aren't in the SEC. No chance. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

They embarrassed he SEC last year. Beating both the Omahogs and the Vandy Boys. Drastic action was needed to put the ACC peasants in their place.

Well that and they fucked up the college World Series. Fuck em. Not like the NCAA doesn’t suck acc dick every year too

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Fuck aggy

• Hook 'Em 4