Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

WTF? Why wouldn't Texas get the prime time game? That sucks shit. I can't get to a game at 1pm on a work day.

That's terrible for our fans.

Believe Pierce has said in previous years he likes the early game because it ensures they won’t have a late night and potentially a quick turnaround to play the next day.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Believe Pierce has said in previous years he likes the early game because it ensures they won’t have a late night and potentially a quick turnaround to play the next day.

I see the logic in that. Just sucks for fans. 

Air Force scares us because of what they did in those midweek games but I really think we got one of the easiest draws. 

Air Force had to win their conference to get the auto bid, D1 baseball had Dallas Baptist on the bubble as one the last few teams in, and Louisiana Tech was around 50 in RPI before their conference tournament run this past weekend. 

All 3 of these teams could have potentially missed the tournament in the last week or so dependent on NCAA choices/games not going their way at their conference tournaments. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

IAir Force scares us because of what they did in those midweek games but I really think we got one of the easiest draws. 

Skenes is the only thing scary about Air Force. They are 12-2 when he pitches and 18-25 when anyone else starts.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Also, a big reason Air Force hit like that is both those games were extremely windy. If you popped anything up to the outfield it was a home run. 

Are those the same conditions next weekend? 

Oh yeah? Then why wasn’t the game higher scoring for our side? Dumb reasoning is dumb. 

Just now, Droopy said:

Oh yeah? Then why wasn’t the game higher scoring for our side? Dumb reasoning is dumb. 

Texas was a no show in game 1 and then scored 12 runs in game 2. 

They averaged 7 runs a game in those 2 games. Game 2 was a prime example of what the wind was doing that week. Faltine walked it off on a pop up to LF that left the ballpark. 

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Texas was a no show in game 1 and then scored 12 runs in game 2. 

They averaged 7 runs a game in those 2 games. Game 2 was a prime example of what the wind was doing that week. Faltine walked it off on a pop up to LF that left the ballpark. 

Fair enough. I like weed too and I forgot about game 2. 🤷🏼‍♂️😶🌫️😁🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 1

Good luck potheads, shitheads, and assholes.

Hope y'all get to host the Hoos or Chanticleers 2 weekends from now.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

It’s much smarter and I suspect they’ll manage to fill it out despite Valmy’s inability to show. 

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Fine! Go on without me 

Not trying to be a dick. Sorry you have to miss. But, I get the logic behind it. Just take off work dude. 

11 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Not trying to be a dick. Sorry you have to miss. But, I get the logic behind it. Just take off work dude. 

I can't. I am going to be on the road and won't be back in Austin until 4:30 Friday afternoon. I didn't think that would be a problem but hey it is.

Ah well. I will be there for the rest of the Regional and hopefully the Supers. 

Edited by Valmy77

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

I feel better about a SR than I do the regional. We can win the SR with our 2 best pitchers pitching 15+ innings of the 18 needed to win. Really need the offense to carry this weekend, so Pierce can save Stevens for Sunday.

You think we start Stevens?

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

You think we start Stevens?

That would be fucking stupid. Don’t listen to him. He does this. 

Stevens has been awesome as our closer. Keep it that way. Morehouse as number 3. Stevens can go 3-5 innings during an elimination game if we need him to. He’s been too awesome as a closer recently to move him back. Augie and Skip would keep him at closer. Isn’t this the sort of thing Pierce haters have been bitching about his entire tenure? “Augie would never have done this!!!!!” 

If Texas goes 2-0 they should start Morehouse in game 3. 

Get a feel of what happens in that game. If it's close use Stevens and chase the win. If it's a blowout just save Stevens for the game 4 starter. Stevens vs any of these teams 5th starter will be a major advantage for us. 

So what is the thinking on ability to get tickets to Friday game? Heading out on vacation Saturday from houston so would drive up and back on Friday . Texassports best bet ? Need 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone here has access to 3 will gladly pay for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk