Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Uh oh.

Texas scored 12 runs in the 2nd midweek game. That's about the quality of arms they will be seeing in the 5th game if they play Air Force. 

The starter that had some success against us in the first midweek game pitched on Friday and gave up 2 runs. That first midweek game was just midweek game madness. The guy that shut us down for 4 innings as a starter has near a 7 ERA. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

3 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Trey runs his mouth like an all-pro DB.

Yeah I love it. You want a guy like that. Parker French always seemed like he was in the other team's face also.

But just one. Nine Treys would be a little much.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah I love it. You want a guy like that. Parker French always seemed like he was in the other team's face also.

But just one. Nine Treys would be a little much.

Yeah I remember a Clemens kid that wasn't afraid to piss off or piss on the opposition.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I've been one to bag on Trey for mouthing off when it was clearly not intentional...... however.... I think it's having a positive effect for us so fuck it keep it up Trey! 

He's mouthy as fuck, but the team needs some edge and he delivers that for the most part.

Edited by SizzleChest
  • Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

He's mouthy as fuck, but the team needs some edge and he delivers that for the most part.

My only qualms are when we run our mouths when we shouldn't and then it backfires on us. I feel like that happened to us a few times last year. 

Lest we forget, Dougie gave a fairly good stare down to the pitcher after his at bat also.  That happened after the Faltine at bat. Between Trey and Dougie, it could have been a galvanizing moment that got the momentum on our side.  All in all, I thought it was one of the best games of the season.  Gordon had me nervous with all the hits and men on base, but it truly counted we got the outs, calls, and the breaks.  Hitting came in just at the right time.  TEXAS!

• Hook 'Em 4

9 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

I've been one to bag on Trey for mouthing off when it was clearly not intentional...... however.... I think it's having a positive effect for us so fuck it keep it up Trey! 

Just me but don’t care for his mouthy antics every time he gets hit.  It’s aggy.

• Hook 'Em 5

I went to the LA Tech baseball forum to see who they might be starting in game 4 and this cracked me up. 
http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?146057-Game-Day-vs.-Texas/page8
Spoiler

Texas fans were pretty classy for the most part. Much better than those ass hats at A&M have been at football games.

I wish I could say the same for the Louisiana Tech fans who made the trip but at least the ones around us behind their dugout were largely assholes. Their starting pitcher’s brother in particular was a first class prick but he’s also an aggy so that tracks.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DanRydell said:

I wish I could say the same for the Louisiana Tech fans who made the trip but at least the ones around us behind their dugout were largely assholes. Their starting pitcher’s brother in particular was a first class prick but he’s also an aggy so that tracks.

Oh brother, you're definitely right. 

Looks like that pitchers family is running their mouth on twitter with an aggy profile picture. This is the most aggy shit ever. Your son gets beat and then you start bragging about other teams while not even repping your son's school. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Oh brother, you're definitely right. 

Looks like that pitchers family is running their mouth on twitter with an aggy profile picture. This is the most aggy shit ever. Your son gets beat and then you start bragging about other teams while not even repping your son's school. 

Saw the dudes with the shirts on the concourse before the game, I was going to tell them to make sure they walked down the right field line where the Horns were warming up, but I just let it go. They landed up in Gus' Pavilion behind my seats, pretty vocal the whole game until you know, that inning....buh bye.

You gotta win 3 now.

Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, DanRydell said:

What would you expect from a "school" about which no fucks are given by anyone outside shitty rural northern Louisiana? I'll forget Louisiana Tech exists very soon. Then I'll be reminded again when they show up on someone's non-conference schedule.

• Hook 'Em 1

Saw the dudes with the shirts on the concourse before the game, I was going to tell them to make sure they walked down the right field line where the Horns were warming up, but I just let it go. They landed up in Gus' Pavilion behind my seats, pretty vocal the whole game until you know, that inning....buh bye.
You gotta win 3 now.
200.gif

In the top of the 9th, those guys moved down behind the net and just sort of stood in the aisle and started getting into it with the Texas fans around them. One of the event staff guys started walking down the steps presumably to move them out of there and then I guess he decided he doesn’t get paid enough for that shit and turned around and walked back up after he got about halfway down.

11 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

The Louisiana Tech fans around me were cool. But they weren't people who couldn't go to A&M.

Pre-game, I was sitting up in the shade behind first base which has been the section for visiting teams (Air Force was there Friday night) and yesterday, La Tech.

They were ALL very cordial. 

Kevin Jennings is just you're typical aggy/couldn't get into UT/ wasn't offered/ butt hurt clown.

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Pre-game, I was sitting up in the shade behind first base which has been the section for visiting teams (Air Force was there Friday night) and yesterday, La Tech.

They were ALL very cordial. 

Kevin Jennings is just you're typical aggy/couldn't get into UT/ butt hurt clown.

I wasn't at the game, but that's what I heard from my friend's that were.

https://crescentcitysports.com/inside-the-park-grand-slam-highlights-la-techs-regional-win-over-dbu/

This makes sense. Sounds like Cade Gibson has some type of injury issue. We will see if he's able to go tonight if La Tech advances but if not La Tech is even in more trouble with arms. 

"Senior Cade Gibson couldn’t get loose and should be able to pitch by Sunday, but in the mean-time Fincher was called on for the 19th time this season. In his 14th start of 2022, all he did was go five innings and allow just one run, the sixth time this season he’s gone at least five innings and allowed no more than a single run."

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Yes. And their number one only threw 60 pitches on Friday so they could use him again tomorrow.

The guy that pitched on Friday did not have good stuff. 

He's not their #1. The Gibson injury and likely saved Jennings for Texas. Think he's really their midweek guy/3rd or 4th best starter. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed