EPL 2022-23: Worldo Cuptus Interuptus

maninblack

I mean it was one preseason game and he missed a couple of sitters. When he gets his feet under him and learns the style of play, he's going to be a force. He has a nose for the ball and his awareness was pretty good on Saturday, he just couldn't cash in. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, yoladu said:

as far as i can tell.. 8 of the 10 games for Matchweek 1 will be on Peacock.

and don't forget, if you can't catch the game at 6am, or you're at work for the game at 2pm, you can't even watch the match once you wake up and/or get off work! just a super streaming model they've got there. 

5 hours ago, mdmost said:

I mean it was one preseason game and he missed a couple of sitters. When he gets his feet under him and learns the style of play, he's going to be a force. He has a nose for the ball and his awareness was pretty good on Saturday, he just couldn't cash in. 

to me he's like the Adrian Peterson of european football; essentially no weaknesses, while possessing every strength you could ever need to play his position: size, strength, power, speed, vision, and is extremely prolific at scoring. Halaand really is the entire package. i think he's going to tear shit up in the EPL, to the point where i expect him to do things like win the golden boot and eventually become the best player in the league. 

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

to me he's like the Adrian Peterson of european football; essentially no weaknesses, while possessing every strength you could ever need to play his position: size, strength, power, speed, vision, and is extremely prolific at scoring. Halaand really is the entire package. i think he's going to tear shit up in the EPL, to the point where i expect him to do things like win the golden boot and eventually become the best player in the league. 

Injuries

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Damn... his poor kids. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Rule no 1 of Futbol board is not doing the comparison of players to American athletes in other sports. Get your shit together. Unless this was all a ruse then well done.

10 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

and don't forget, if you can't catch the game at 6am, or you're at work for the game at 2pm, you can't even watch the match once you wake up and/or get off work! just a super streaming model they've got there. 

yeah, the delay in instant access is less than ideal.

Can't stroll into your living room at 9:30am and start the 9am game on Peacock.

Top 6:

1. Liverpool
  2. City
  3. Arsenal
  4. Spurs
  5. Chelsea
  6. West Ham

Bottom 3:

1. Fullham
  2. Bournemouth
  3. Southampton

Golden Boot: Salah

Surprise: City struggle out of the gate. Surprise 2: Forest stay up comfortably. 

Flop: United. Ronaldo drama plagues them.

Edited by Dutch

15 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

2022 and I still have no clue what constitutes a handball.

Saw a quote that "what is a handball" is very similar to "add salt" to a recipe.  Pretty accurate. How much salt? Who TF knows, since we all prefer a different amount.

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

Oh shit, Arsenal is going to win the league /first day knee jerk reaction

More like this

2 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Nah minutes 30-80 were complete trash for us.

Which is accurate. Palace in all honesty deserved a draw. But we ain’t complaining about all three. 

Edited by Dutch

5 hours ago, sidis said:

joking aside, i think arsenal possibly challenges up into the city/liverpool strata this year.  i think they are going to be really good this year.

and i'm never wrong about shit.

8 hours ago, sidis said:

bottom:

1. everton

2. everton

3. everton

No argument here.