EPL 2022-23: Worldo Cuptus Interuptus

maninblack

15 minutes ago, Horny Bull said:

Another one for Haaland. I suppose we better get used to this.

14 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I think we might be in trouble, guys. 

9 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Haaland>>>> Mbappe

Yeah x 3. Brace on debut. And De Bruyne’s through ball on the second… Just beautiful. 

Edited by Dutch

Really the only hope for anyone else was that he might gum things up up front and it would take everyone some time to get on the same page. It's his what - 3rd or 4th game with them and suddenly it's looking pretty seamless? KDB having a target like that is problematic for their opponents to say the least. 

Arsenal looks like they're going to be fun to watch but I'm just not sure they'll keep pace to really challenge for the title. Pool has already dropped points. I'm not sure Chelsea is in a total rebuild but it's certainly going to be a transition year. 

That said - a ton of soccer to play. Maybe they'll get bored or suffer some injuries. The WC being thrust into the middle of the season makes it a little less predictable, too. I'm just not seeing more than a team and a half even having the horses to keep up with this team. 

Damn. That looked to damn easy. 

Never understood why people were saying that Haaland plays better on the transition and that doesn’t fit City’s style. Except when you got Kevin defuckingbruyner who can hit from any spot on the pitch at any given time like he did today.
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, ztejas said:

Not exactly an inspiring half from WH there. 

I want to kind of give them credit for just losing 2-0, but it's really hard when both goals were due to them giving Haaland so much damn space to run through their backline. It's bad enough when a team can pick you apart like City can, but to make it so easy giving him so much space ... geez.

21 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I want to kind of give them credit for just losing 2-0, but it's really hard when both goals were due to them giving Haaland so much damn space to run through their backline. It's bad enough when a team can pick you apart like City can, but to make it so easy giving him so much space ... geez.

FWIW, he's going to slice defenses all year long. WH is just the first.

8 hours ago, midtown said:

Let's see how the rigors of the PL and a bruising defenders take their toll on Haaland.   Then again that is a big freaking dude.

Wait until he has to go to stoke on a cold, rainy Tuesday night in January

For the record I think he runs away with the golden boot

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1