EPL 2022-23: Worldo Cuptus Interuptus

maninblack

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I mean, predicting Arsenal to contend for the league based on their first 9 points is like saying, "We're back" after we throttle ULM.  Either or both of those things might turn out to be true, but a full-blown prediction feels a little premature.

My team is going to gain fewer than 15 points this season so I need something to keep things interesting.  This thread is boring without a few outlandish stakes in the ground.  Klopp has battered you guys so bad that the Chelsea and spurs fans don’t even screw with the hyper uptight Liverpool fans anymore. 

but ultimately, I find your prediction that we are going to “throttle” anyone this year, ULM included, to be the craziest thing I’ve read on this thread. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

YO! I created a chsnt for William Saliba a few weeks ago, and i posted it to reddit and youtube, and it's made it way across the pond! the arsenal away fans have been chanting it all damn half, this is too fucking cool!

FullSizeRender.MOV

Honestly that's an awesome chant. Do you know for a fact that they picked it up from your vid?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

So, as long as we're having this conversation/debate, how does everyone see the top 5 shaking out?

1. City

2. Pool

3. Tottenham

4. Chelsea

5. Arsenal

15 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This season seems wildly unpredictable and the transfer window isn't even over yet. City winning is the only thing I'd be fairly confident in. 2-5 could finish in any order. 

This. The battles for CL places and relegation should be very tight all season. 

47 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

arsenal fans sure are cocky this deep in to august

I think most of us Gooners recognize Arsenal are in a better place than 12 months ago (0-0-3, GD -10 vs 3-0-0, GD +6 atm) while also recognizing that Spurs are better, Chelsea are better, and Pool are still Pool. That City are a class above goes without stating. Finishing top 4 is going to be a mighty battle.

Edited by Dutch
  • Like 1

I like it when Arsenal are good because it makes the thread more lively. If NLD can be competitive again, it will be enjoyable on here. Most of the other rivalries are fairly one-sided now. I guess we'll see on Monday if Man U can do anything. I'm sure Liverpool will give them plenty of chances. Slow starts seem to be the hallmark in this early season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Honestly that's an awesome chant. Do you know for a fact that they picked it up from your vid?

well, i posted it to reddit 25 days ago where it got an overwhelmingly positive reception. it had 4K views coming into todays game. it's now at 9K views, and all match i've had people replying to the youtube video/reddit threads. my video is the only video of the song that i've found anywhere online, and today was the debut of the song. i can't be certain, but i sincerely believe that the chant came from my video. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

well, i posted it to reddit 25 days ago where it got an overwhelmingly positive reception. it had 4K views coming into todays game. it's now at 9K views, and all match i've had people replying to the youtube video/reddit threads. my video is the only video of the song that i've found anywhere online, and today was the debut of the song. i can't be certain, but i sincerely believe that the chant came from my video. 

It's no Lee Harvey's Freestyle. 

9 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

thats dope.

last week i heard LA Spurs chant same tune... except they yelled Bissouma.

Was the first time  i've heard it, so im sure someone stole from you :)

Edited by kingkoopa6
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I mean, predicting Arsenal to contend for the league based on their first 9 points is like saying, "We're back" after we throttle ULM.  Either or both of those things might turn out to be true, but a full-blown prediction feels a little premature.

What’s your prediction on Chelsea today?