EPL 2022-23: Worldo Cuptus Interuptus

maninblack

huuuuuuuge pet peeve of mine: if the ref blows the whistle on a corner/set piece it is against the attacking team 100% of the time. there is essentially no scenario where an official will call a foul on the defending team, and this leads to larger attacking players getting manhandled with no call. today it was gabriel:

14BA02FF-9AE6-474E-965F-5EFF8CCCC173.thumb.jpeg.1c8a527ba96e5f0d094d2b40007e6866.jpeg

im not even complaining about this particular one, because there's zero incentive for players to not do this, ipso facto to not do it would be stupid. i just hate this unspoken rule with a passion, and if the FA or UEFA would mandate calling fouls both ways in these scenarios then this shit would go away. 

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

What a debut!!!

https://dubz.co/v/8ktg2z

1) What the fuck was he thinking?

2) I do like listening to French announcers.

Having taken French 1 four times (2 in high school & 2 in college) and now being relatively fluent in Spanish, I can understand a fair amount for the Français and the accent cracks me up.

image.jpeg.82bb6c55f59ede4c86fbff80a0e27c2a.jpeg

Le rouge direct, pour João Félix!

Edited by Napoleon

47 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

1) What the fuck was he thinking?

2) I do like listening to French announcers.

Having taken French 1 four times (2 in high school & 2 in college) and now being relatively fluent in Spanish, I can understand a fair amount for the Français and the accent cracks me up.

image.jpeg.82bb6c55f59ede4c86fbff80a0e27c2a.jpeg

Le rouge direct, pour João Félix!

I figured Español was su idioma primera.

City have gone more than 135 minutes without a shot on goal despite 70+ percent possession. I know that's always a Pep thing (and some was playing backups in Carabao) but it's been bizarre. Not getting any kind of decent looks, and of course allowing the occasional meaty counter-attack the other way.