EPL 2022-23: Worldo Cuptus Interuptus

maninblack

way overdue with firing lampard.  everton's form is literally the worst i have ever seen from basically any team.  they played the other two teams that are getting relegated along with them over the last two weeks and lost a combined 4-1.  they are so brutal that it is comically ridiculous.  you have to try to be this bad.

The “In Soccer We Trust” guys, I think that it was Jimmy Conrad specifically, mentioned that there was talk of Marcelo Bielsa as Everton’s next manager. 

I don’t see that as being a good thing, unless they are looking to go down and then sell everyone off and start from scratch. 

14 hours ago, Napoleon said:

The “In Soccer We Trust” guys, I think that it was Jimmy Conrad specifically, mentioned that there was talk of Marcelo Bielsa as Everton’s next manager. 

I don’t see that as being a good thing, unless they are looking to go down and then sell everyone off and start from scratch. 

Bielsa is like Potter. His system needs very specific players to work. If Everton had the talent needed to play Biesla-Ball, they wouldn't be in the relegation zone.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, yoladu said:

saw this elsewhere :

With the deal for Enzo Fernandez agreed by Chelsea, I think we should take a few minutes to commend Benfica for signing a player for €10m in the summer and selling him for €120m six months later.

You could have also said making a deal with Chelsea. 

I would say that it doesn't look like Nottingham Forest is going down this summer.

23:03 Keylor Navas [Paris St-Germain - Nottingham Forest] Loan

23:00 Jonjo Shelvey [Newcastle - Nottingham Forest] Undisclosed

22:57 Pedro Porro [Sporting Lisbon - Tottenham] Loan with obligation to buy for £40m

22:16 Albert Sambi Lokonga [Arsenal - Crystal Palace] Loan

21:51 Felipe [Atletico Madrid - Nottingham Forest] Undisclosed

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/transfers

Just Keylor Navas alone and they are almost guaranteed to stay up.

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

saw this elsewhere :

With the deal for Enzo Fernandez agreed by Chelsea, I think we should take a few minutes to commend Benfica for signing a player for €10m in the summer and selling him for €120m six months later.

So Enzo got €1M signing bonus* to transfer to Benfica over the summer, then won The World Cup (and whatever bonus comes with that... at least $1M, I would think), and then he gets a €12M signing bonus* to go to Chelsea 6 months later. 

He has had one he'll of a 6 month period...

...except having to move to London from coastal Portugal.

*players get 10% of the transfer fee.

Southampton is going for it... ambitious window for Saints - £59.25m spent

Kamaldeen Sulemana - Left Forward (£22m, Rennes)

Paul Onuachu - Striker (£18.5m, Genk) - 6'-7"!!

Carlos Alcaraz - DM (£12m, Racing Club)

Mislav Orsic - AM (£6m, Dinamo Zagreb)

James Bree - RB (£750k, Luton Town)

New manager is a bit of a bellend. (He got it all wrong in the 2nd leg of the EFL cup semi final today)

Currently 20th, but only 2 points from 17th.

Edited by yoladu

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

I see Everton shit the bed during the window. In Dyche they trust, I guess.

dude, they are trying to sell the club before they get relegated and lose broadcast money.  they have no other revenue.  they are going to lose so much fucking money that it's going to make it impossible.

oh, and they're halfway through building a new stadium.  things really looking great for the toffees.

• Hook 'Em 1