EPL 2022-23: Worldo Cuptus Interuptus

maninblack

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Changing the formation, away, and in a game of that magnitude looks really dumb 

Playing a back 4 with Perisic and Porro as your fullback was insanely dumb. Both are huge defensive liabilities.

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Mostly Stellini sucks.

Bentacur, Davies, and Royal have been missed badly.

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Modric left Spurs at 27 with 0 major trophies just to go on to win 21 trophies & the Ballon D’or

Bale joined Madrid with 0 trophies and won a trophy every year since he joined, the only season he didn't win is when he was loaned back to Spurs

Kane is just the next in line...

My 13 year old daughter would have won 21 trophies too with the payroll on those RM teams

1 minute ago, RamjetFDO said:

8 wins in the last 10.

5 home wins and 5 clean sheets in the last 5 matches at Villa Park.

5th place (admittedly with the teams around us having a game or two in hand) with 5 matches to go.

Yeah - this Unai Emery guy is pretty good.

I couldn't watch today, but willed the 1 shot and 0 on goal from Fulham line from work.

It was a good day.

22 hours ago, WBT said:

1-1 final Leeds and Leceister.  A win would have been huge for either but I guess they'll both be happy with a point.

21 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

And every point screws Everton. Enjoy the Championship, Pickford. 

i would actually argue that it is not that bad an outcomes for everton as it keeps both of them in striking distance.  a win one way or another keeps one of them really close but this keeps them both "down."  given leeds' remaining schedule, i think if everton is going to survive relegation, it is more likely to be at leeds' expense than leicester but given that everton are about to get buttfucked by newcastle, meh.

27 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

We've all been there, Arsenal. The steam roller doesn't stop.

Seriously, though.... Your 2020 title (and "would have been a title in 2019 had the competition not been a petrostate-fueled sportswashing project"), which was damn impressive at the time, looks more impressive by the year.

Edited by Dutch

7 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Seriously, though.... Your 2020 title (and "would have been a title in 2019 had the competition not been a petrostate-fueled sportswashing project"), which was damn impressive at the time, looks more impressive by the year.

ESPN is going to do a 30 for 30 a few decades from now entitled "Football 2008-2040, Oil Money"

• Like 1