EPL 2022-23: Worldo Cuptus Interuptus

maninblack

Yeah I was rooting for United but how does a dummy by a guy in an offside position not affect the play?

Didn't stop me from enjoying the Fergie like comeback.

Edited by WBT

Just now, WBT said:

Yeah I was rooting for United but how does a dummy by a guy in an offside position not affect the play?

I would say that he held off to let his teammate take it rather than it being a dummy, but it is definitely borderline. 

But I am fine with it because I wanted City to lose. 

So by the rule of the law, everyone but the former keeper thinks that it is fine. 

20 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I would say that he held off to let his teammate take it rather than it being a dummy, but it is definitely borderline. 

But I am fine with it because I wanted City to lose. 

So by the rule of the law, everyone but the former keeper thinks that it is fine. 

He also sat over the ball enough to hold the defender off (in my opinion).  VAR wasn’t going to change the onfield decision (which is why VAR is useless)

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

But they didn't defend him and the ball never got to him. You don't get a flag just for being in an off position. 

They absolutely had to defend him and tried to. Akanji could have just chased Bruno and forced a much tougher shot. He couldn’t because he had to chase Rashford.

And Rashford is playing the ball. You flag if the offisde player interferes with play and he does. 
Listen to what Graeme is saying. “Every city player is tracking Rashford and using him as their reference point”.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

But they didn't defend him and the ball never got to him. You don't get a flag just for being in an off position. 

Watch the replay here. The third replay is the best one - you see Ederson moving to his right because he’s playing Rashford going that way. Fernandez is going the other way.

https://dubz.co/v/bd6g01

Thats a terrible call. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Watch the replay here. The third replay is the best one - you see Ederson moving to his right because he’s playing Rashford going that way. Fernandez is going the other way.

Thats a terrible call. 

Lollll we're talking about different goals. 

Agree that's 100% offsides. 

I thought y'all were talking about the 2nd one for some reason. 

Edited by ztejas

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Thats a terrible call. 

Yea the Ederson thing is the biggest problem with the whole thing. He’s literally set up to defend a shot from Rashford. 

The EPL decision to have linesman not flag until after the play has commenced is frankly stupid and needs to go away. It leads to injuries and dumb shit like this.

• Hook 'Em 1

FUCK U NBC

what do we have on USA here at 1030: the "Chrisley Knows Best" episode "Man-o-pause" followed by Law and Order SVU aired 2 May 2003

what is NBC doing this morning? LX.TV Open House followed by 5 Talk Streeet... in other words they don't even have anything they want to air nationally

FUCK U NBC

I'M NOT FUCKING PAYING FOR THE COCK WHEN I'M ALREADY PAYING FOR THE CONTENT

• Hook 'Em 1

Should I continue damaging my health and livelihood in an effort to stay up for Chelsea/Liverpool? 

Peacock just got another $5 from a sucker.

This train is rolling for another few hours gentlemen. 

When is the last time Chelsea and Pool were both this low in the table?

Edited by ztejas

2 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

wtf there are no announcers for palace-newcastle. kinda cool i suppose. just crowd noise.

How did Chris Richards look for Palace?

In the comments he missed a header off of a corner kick that was close, but over the bar and he concede two second half corner kicks.

He showed some very impressive speed against ManU in Palace’s last match.