EPL 2022-23: Worldo Cuptus Interuptus

maninblack

That was almost filthy by Vardy for 3-1, but he just had a touch too much on the chip and it went out for a goal kick after going off the cross bar.

Just before that Calvert-Lewin had a shot saved that would have tied it at 2-2.

Edited by Captain Ron

13 minutes ago, sidis said:

gonna go ahead and start the 2023-2024 Championship thread for yoladu and me.  See you assholes later...

Who knows, maybe I'll be joining you down there as Chelsea currently is at best playing a Championship league caliber.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I'm going to get a handball so we can get relegated.

I'm going to miss the pen so we can get relegated.

THIS and THIS. The handball was really dumb, I mean clear as day. But yeah, that PK was SO bad, I think I could have saved it.

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

Who cares? Ryan Mason is apparently very whiney too. It doesn’t matter. The officiating is shit so managers complain about it.

Also your comment about Jota’s being worse than Skipp is just dumb. They are both borderline red card offenses. And it’s not as though Skipp only had one problem tackle that game. 

I’d much rather neither of those challenges be a red card even though both potentially could be. 

Skipp won the ball and got Jota on the follow through. It should have been a yellow. Jota had his foot way up and caught Skipp in the head. Skipp needed multiple stitches. It was a clear red. I agree that EPL officiating is just bad in general. 

Klopp is a whiney bitch. He bitches and moans even when he wins. He openly says that specific officials are biased against him. No other EPL managers are doing that.

Edited by Schulz2.0
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, sidis said:

gonna go ahead and start the 2023-2024 Championship thread for yoladu and me.  See you assholes later...

Anyone that has insight or past experience following their club in the Championship please weigh in.

I know ESPN+ carries some games each week but not all.

I would pay if there was a streaming service that carried every Saints championship game.

(the good news.... I get to drop Peacock)

Edited by yoladu

29 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Skipp won the ball and got Jota on the follow through. It should have been a yellow. Jota had his foot way up and caught Skipp in the head. Skipp needed multiple stitches. It was a clear red. I agree that EPL officiating is just bad in general. 

Klopp is a whiney bitch. He bitches and moans even when he wins. He openly says that specific officials are biased against him. No other EPL managers are doing that.

They were both borderline yellow/red. Obviously neither was a clear red since VAR didn’t send either of them off. They didn’t even give a foul for Skipp on Diaz so I really don’t want to hear many complaints from Spurs about bad officiating.

He openly criticized this specific official as this isn’t the first incident with him even this season. Again you seem upset that a manager criticized the officials. Who cares?

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Anyone that has insight or past experience following their club in the Championship please weigh in.

I would pay if there was a streaming service that carried every Saints championship game.

When Newcastle went down (twice) I gave up on seeing live games and mostly did score watching through apps

• Rage+1 1

25 minutes ago, yoladu said:

You can probably find some streams online. I can send you a decent site I use. Just be ready to click a lot of pop up windows you're forced to kill. 

Today’s Leicester v Everton match has been really entertaining for the neutral. 

It’s amazing how entertaining two cellar dwellers can be when facing one another. 

Everton’s second goal was not a goal that you see at the bottom of most other leagues. 

12 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

They were both borderline yellow/red. Obviously neither was a clear red since VAR didn’t send either of them off. They didn’t even give a foul for Skipp on Diaz so I really don’t want to hear many complaints from Spurs about bad officiating.

He openly criticized this specific official as this isn’t the first incident with him even this season. Again you seem upset that a manager criticized the officials. Who cares?

VAR has been ran worse than the officiating.

7 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

VAR has been ran* worse than** the officiating.

*”has been run…”

Need to use the past participle of “to run”.

**Thank you for using “than”, which is correct rather than “then”, which is a common error.

Lastly… I agree with your statement. 

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Today’s Leicester v Everton match has been really entertaining for the neutral. 

It’s amazing how entertaining two cellar dwellers can be when facing one another. 

Everton’s second goal was not a goal that you see at the bottom of most other leagues. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

What would need to happen for Chelsea to get relegated?

Be pretty tough. They are 9 points clear of 18th.  Losing to Forest (current 18th) when they also have both Mans and Newcastle in the final 5 would be a good start.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I don't even know who our right winger is. 

55 minutes ago, MoJames said:

I'm shocked that Dave and Madueke, whomever that is, are getting beat consistently on the left side leading to goals.

That guy