Fucking idiots argue about last years defensive personnel

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

A 2nd string linebacker on a 5-7 team that finished 116th in FEI defense is now proof the Texas coaching staff wasn't playing the best players. 

Hilarious and stupid as fuck. 

Cooks was a separate discussion and not germane to the coaching staff not playing the best players. Go back to the kid's table if you can't keep up with adult conversation. Foster being a starter and going to SHSU while the 3rd and 4th string guys behind him that played 0 snaps ended up at Tech and SMU respectively was one conversation. Cooks never even trying to play at Texas because he liked Hutzler was another.  

Stupid as fuck indeed, not hilarious though. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Those guys playing zero snaps is probably what helped them get to Tech and SMU. They weren’t talented players buried on the depth chart. Neither is very good. Adimora might be slower than Foster and Owens couldn’t match football acumen with his athletic ability. To try to use this as an indictment on the staff is fucking stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Cooks was a separate discussion and not germane to the coaching staff not playing the best players.

That's a fucking lie. You specifically referenced Cooks to TCU in reply to "dropping down a level" and then even grouped Cooks with the other players with "guys like Cooks, Owens, Adimora didn't see the field." 

Stop backtracking. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

That's a fucking lie. You specifically referenced Cooks to TCU in reply to "dropping down a level" and then even grouped Cooks with the other players with "guys like Cooks, Owens, Adimora didn't see the field." 

Stop backtracking. 

You need to go have a beer. You are getting into slap fights with everyone. Chill out like your user name. 

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

You need to go have a beer. You are getting into slap fights with everyone. Chill out like your user name. 

Slap fights? It's more like calling out liars and stupidity. 

The only people I've engaged in this thread are you, rockethorn, and golfclap. And yes, you deserved to be called a moron for bitching about a transfer LB to Texas when Texas has limited depth at the position. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Slap fights? It's more like calling out liars and stupidity. 

The only people I've engaged in this thread are you, rockethorn, and golfclap. And yes, you deserved to be called a moron for bitching about a transfer LB to Texas when Texas has limited depth at the position. 

Go smoke a bowl

tired celebrity big brother GIF by Big Brother After Dark

3 hours ago, golfclap said:

Cooks was a separate discussion and not germane to the coaching staff not playing the best players. Go back to the kid's table if you can't keep up with adult conversation. Foster being a starter and going to SHSU while the 3rd and 4th string guys behind him that played 0 snaps ended up at Tech and SMU respectively was one conversation. Cooks never even trying to play at Texas because he liked Hutzler was another.  

If you take the bowl game away from Tech they gave up more ppg than our shitty defense, Owens transferring there to be a back up says he should have been on the field more for us? That’s some Jerry Jones level mind fuckery. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

If you take the bowl game away from Tech they gave up more ppg than our shitty defense, Owens transferring there to be a back up says he should have been on the field more for us? That’s some Jerry Jones level mind fuckery. 

It's also at a position Owens shouldn't be playing on the 100th ranked FEI defense from last season. 

So to recap these are the players golfclap thinks proves the Texas staff weren't playing the "best players". Owens at FS on the 100th ranked defense, Cooks 2nd stringer on the 116th ranked defense according to FEI, Adimora at SMU who was the 84th ranked defense last year according to FEI. 

All these players have transferred to bad defenses, a couple are 2nd stringers, and another is still playing out of position. Truly brilliant stuff. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It's also at a position Owens shouldn't be playing on the 100th ranked FEI defense from last season. 

So to recap these are the players golfclap thinks proves the Texas staff weren't playing the "best players". Owens at FS on the 100th ranked defense, Cooks 2nd stringer on the 116th ranked defense according to FEI, Adimora at SMU who was the 84th ranked defense last year according to FEI. 

All these players have transferred to bad defenses, a couple are 2nd stringers, and another is still playing out of position. Truly brilliant stuff. 

I wouldn’t put Cooks in that group. Talented kid whose expectations were way too high and left before he gave himself a chance. 

3 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I wouldn’t put Cooks in that group. Talented kid whose expectations were way too high and left before he gave himself a chance. 

In that group in terms of talent or playing time? 

I think Cooks has talent but him being a 2nd stringer on a TCU team that had one of the worst defenses in the country should tell you all you need to know why he wasn't playing at Texas last season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The core of that argument is that BJ Foster started over all of them and now he’s at Sam Houston State. Cite FEI all you want, SMU and Tech are not worse landing spots than Sam Houston.

13 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

In that group in terms of talent or playing time? 

I think Cooks has talent but him being a 2nd stringer on a TCU team that had one of the worst defenses in the country should tell you all you need to know why he wasn't playing at Texas last season. 

I am talking talent. Want no part of this little pissing match. Cooks is talented young player and one I wished stayed around. The others are more limited and their loss is depth/special teams

2 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

The core of that argument is that BJ Foster started over all of them and now he’s at Sam Houston State. Cite FEI all you want, SMU and Tech are not worse landing spots than Sam Houston.

That doesn't prove anything to me. 

Foster playing at SHSU over a 2nd stringer at Texas Tech who isn't playing the right position tells me nothing. The only thing I've concluded is the roster sucked top to bottom as all transfers went to lower level competition or transferred to terrible defenses. 

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

That doesn't prove anything to me. 

Foster playing at SHSU over a 2nd stringer at Texas Tech who isn't playing the right position tells me nothing. The only thing I've concluded is the roster sucked top to bottom as all transfers went to lower level competition or transferred to terrible defenses. 

Foster also clearly quit in the middle of the season and kept playing. I don’t know anyone who wasn’t bothered by that.

It took until the last game of the season to finally pull him.

5 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Foster also clearly quit in the middle of the season and kept playing. I don’t know anyone who wasn’t bothered by that.

It took until the last game of the season to finally pull him.

I hated Foster. He was terrible. 

But what if all the other players were also terrible? The argument that these other players are for sure better is based on hate for the defensive coordinator and linebacker coach because there's no evidence to prove these guys are better. None. 

I'm all for criticizing PK's scheme choices and Choate's shitty recruiting but this is just nonsense. Using a 2nd string safety playing out of position on the 100th ranked FEI defense to prove the coaching staff wasn't playing the "best players" is dumb. Same applies to the other players listed in this thread (Cooks and Adimora). 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

2 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

It's mainly funny that people are making these weird comparisons because of a defensive player going to a school like Texas Tech. 

Texas Tech is projected to have one of the worst defenses in the country. They are hard up for players at several positions. They've been taking transfers like Myles Cole who has offers from powerhouse schools such as UNLV, Northwestern State, Incarnate Word, Prairie View A&M, UAB, Western Kentucky, Buffalo and North Texas. 

Sure, a player going to SHSU is a good indicator they weren't good but there's no reason this doesn't apply to Texas Tech. Especially when that player is playing out of position and they are a second stringer. Arguing 1 shitty player is for sure better than another shitty player to justify your narrative is some funny shit. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I hated Foster. He was terrible. 

But what if all the other players were also terrible? The argument that these other players are for sure better is based on hate for the defensive coordinator and linebacker coach because there's no evidence to prove these guys are better. None. 

I'm all for criticizing PK's scheme choices and Choate's shitty recruiting but this is just nonsense. Using a 2nd string safety playing out of position on the 100th ranked FEI defense to prove the coaching staff wasn't playing the "best players" is dumb. Same applies to the other players listed in this thread (Cooks and Adimora). 

I think Foster shouldn't have played just because of how bad he was for the locker room and as a leader, even if the dudes behind him may be worse. Otherwise I agree with your point, nothing can be taken from dudes transferring down to shitty defenses. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Surlian said:

I think Foster shouldn't have played just because of how bad he was for the locker room and as a leader, even if the dudes behind him may be worse. Otherwise I agree with your point, nothing can be taken from dudes transferring down to shitty defenses. 

That's fair. 

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It's mainly funny that people are making these weird comparisons because of a defensive player going to a school like Texas Tech. 

Texas Tech is projected to have one of the worst defenses in the country. They are hard up for players at several positions. They've been taking transfers like Myles Cole who has offers from powerhouse schools such as UNLV, Northwestern State, Incarnate Word, Prairie View A&M, UAB, Western Kentucky, Buffalo and North Texas. 

Sure, a player going to SHSU is a good indicator they weren't good but there's no reason this doesn't apply to Texas Tech. Especially when that player is playing out of position and they are a second stringer. 

We helped get Patterson fired because his defense sucked worse than ours. Let that sink in. We rushed for 275 yards on them haha. Cooks isn’t a day one starter for TCU according to the super hooked up insider that graces us with his superior football intellect. His coach was fired so he gave up??? Yeah man fuck PK for not putting him in more. Owens is a typical herman recruit. He’s fast as fuck but he isn’t a real good football player. In normal classes you’ll have a couple of them, but herman found a way to stack his football team with pretty athletes who can’t play football worth a fuck. We are paying for that currently. 

6 minutes ago, Surlian said:

I believe that’s where shit gets a little hairy, foster may have actually had some solid support from the team. He was a former 5 star, played a lot and well as a freshman, injuries slowed him down a lot, and he seemed to be pretty damn vocal. The staff may have feared a full mutiny if they benched a senior leader? Kids are finicky as tuck nowadays and with the portal the way it is maybe they did what they thought was best. In hindsight I’m sure they regret it lol. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/30/2022 at 4:56 PM, WinningIsHard said:

I believe that’s where shit gets a little hairy, foster may have actually had some solid support from the team. He was a former 5 star, played a lot and well as a freshman, injuries slowed him down a lot, and he seemed to be pretty damn vocal. The staff may have feared a full mutiny if they benched a senior leader? Kids are finicky as tuck nowadays and with the portal the way it is maybe they did what they thought was best. In hindsight I’m sure they regret it lol. 

Yeah well turn on the film and you see no effort. So fuck him. Good riddance. 

21 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah well turn on the film and you see no effort. So fuck him. Good riddance. 

You should be negged to the fucking moon for bumping this flaming shit-smeared tire fire of a fucking thread. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/30/2022 at 11:12 AM, golfclap said:

I'm confused by this thread title...are only fucking idiots allowed to post on it?