Senior Trip Ideas

dlatin

31 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

there's been 100 murders and 4,655 violent crimes in Dallas in 2022 alone. I'd go back to 2017 (the date you bizarrely chose to start your chronicling) but the data only goes back to 2020.

you're statistically much safer in quintana roo than any major city in the US.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

Friends of mine just got back from Tulum last week. Said they had lots of fun & nothing bad happened to them. You stay on/around the resort odds are you’ll be fine. America has a fuckton of shootings & murders too, doesn’t mean it’s an inherently dangerous place. 

47 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

My son’s senior trip was to Air Force boot camp two weeks after graduation. Best thing he ever did. He has different memories of San Antonio than I do.

I like this.  I got on the plane the day after graduation to go to Fort Leonard Wood Missouri for Army basic.   It was still cool at night in late May, but by the time we got to July the platoon from Wisconsin started to melt.  Yeah, they weren't too bright, sending an entire platoon from a state that wasn't used to the 100+ heat.  

18 hours ago, dlatin said:

Thinking about senior trip ideas. Heard Hard Rock DR is fun, all inclusive, clubs, etc. (fun for an 18 YO newly graduated). Let me here some other thoughts.

Depends on their likes and budget. I spent a couple of weeks partying in Costa del Sol before bouncing around Europe. My eldest had zero interest in Europe and went to Japan after graduation. Not a destination I would have picked. Unfortunately for my class of 2020 son his options were limited so he ended up in San Diego for a little bit once covid restrictions were lifted. Which wasn't too bad because he originally wanted to do a road trip with his friends and no international travel.

• Like 1