The Most Overrated City in Every State

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

Good lord imagine Stillwater being considered MOST overrated

As someone who enjoys going to Stilly, there's not much non-OSU stuff to do there (IMO) and I don't see how it could be overrated at all.

5 hours ago, futureman said:

Dallas is the most underrated city in Texas, maybe the country. 

Dallas people are like a bunch of dads who can't understand why their little girl isn't the prom queen.

I agree that Austin is the correct answer here, partly because it's in a steep decline, and partly because you'd be hard-pressed to find non-Dallas-people who think Dallas is anything more than a 6/10, if they ever think of Dallas at all.

• Hook 'Em 1

The Facebook guy who made this has a hard-on for college towns, weird af. I’ve literally never heard anyone highly “rate” Stillwater. It’s a great place to live for college, not much else, and pretty much every alum agrees. I’ve always assumed Manhattan KS is the same. Boulder though? Wtaf? It’s a great town, considered moving there a few times just for the heck of it. 

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Dallas people are like a bunch of dads who can't understand why their little girl isn't the prom queen.

I agree that Austin is the correct answer here, partly because it's in a steep decline, and partly because you'd be hard-pressed to find non-Dallas-people who think Dallas is anything more than a 6/10, if they ever think of Dallas at all.

Austin - Cinderella

Dallas, Houston - jealous step sisters

San Antonio- churro vendor

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Austin - Cinderella

Dallas, Houston - jealous step sisters

San Antonio- churro vendor

But seriously, there's always been some serious hate from Texans about Austin.  "What's so special?  We're more diverse, we've got Deep Ellum to match their 6th street, they don't have anything like the Galleria.  Nice little college town but check out our economy."

Nationally, at least in my circles, Austin is the one that gets mentioned.

E

Waikiki is not a city. 

Moreover, my avatar pic was taken about 100 yards off Waikiki Beach. As you can see, it's a real overrated shithole. The mainlander that wrote the article can fuck himself. 

Actually, never mind. Surfing sucks, don't try it. And Waikiki sucks too, so no need to visit. 

Edited by honolulu horn

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

But seriously, there's always been some serious hate from Texans about Austin.  "What's so special?  We're more diverse, we've got Deep Ellum to match their 6th street, they don't have anything like the Galleria.  Nice little college town but check out our economy."

Nationally, at least in my circles, Austin is the one that gets mentioned.

E

Never heard this in my life

12 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Dallas does have the better farmers market.  My info may be dated. 

It is. Went a few months ago, and it's crap now. They ran all the actual farmers off and it's like going to a craft fair. The ones in McKinney or Frisco are better. 

I don't know who rates Dallas highly or what factors they are considering. I guess if they are considering the "cheaper" housing and some really good school districts in the Suburbs. Or the jobs/economy especially in the Frisco area.

But, in Dallas Proper, outside of Klyde Warren park are with the museums and what's left of the West End. I guess Deep ellum (I haven't been in years, so I have no idea). I can't think of anything else. Maybe a Mav's or Star's game. White rock Lake??

No way is Sedona overrated for AZ. One of the most beautiful areas in the country if not the world.

They only listed Sedona because the liberal weenies in Tucson would get pissed and protest again if they listed Tucson. (There was an amusing amount of protest at this shirt, which is actually accurately showing how most of AZ feels about Tucson.)

spacer.png

• Haha 1

This list is basically a list of my favorite places in the states that I've visited/lived. Well except, you know, Dallas.  

In fairness, this is the result of just about every "most overated" type poll ever started.  It happens here too.  Start an overrated artists thread and you'll get the Beatles, Stones, and Nirvana on the 1st page.  It's just a dumb premise. And I bite every fng time.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, TexasHooch said:

This list is basically a list of my favorite places in the states that I've visited/lived. Well except, you know, Dallas.  

In fairness, this is the result of just about every "most overated" type poll ever started.  It happens here too.  Start an overrated artists thread and you'll get the Beatles, Stones, and Nirvana on the 1st page.  It's just a dumb premise. And I bite every fng time.

How about a “most overrated CFB program” poll?  

9 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

No way is Sedona overrated for AZ. One of the most beautiful areas in the country if not the world.

They only listed Sedona because the liberal weenies in Tucson would get pissed and protest again if they listed Tucson. (There was an amusing amount of protest at this shirt, which is actually accurately showing how most of AZ feels about Tucson.)

spacer.png

• Haha 1

On 5/31/2022 at 9:17 PM, Serak The Preparer said:

I think Anchorage is my favorite. Like there's a bunch of assholes saying "I like that OTHER city in Alaska! Juneau rules!"

Yes.  But they’re not assholes, they’re just right.  Anchorage is a stupid, oversized, lower 48 oil town dropped in the middle of a pristine wilderness with no other city in the state larger than 1/10th its size. 

15 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

spacer.png

I prefer Tucson to Phoenix.  By a landslide.

Sedona is fucking beautiful though.

20 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

It is. Went a few months ago, and it's crap now. They ran all the actual farmers off and it's like going to a craft fair. The ones in McKinney or Frisco are better. 

I don't know who rates Dallas highly or what factors they are considering. I guess if they are considering the "cheaper" housing and some really good school districts in the Suburbs. Or the jobs/economy especially in the Frisco area.

But, in Dallas Proper, outside of Klyde Warren park are with the museums and what's left of the West End. I guess Deep ellum (I haven't been in years, so I have no idea). I can't think of anything else. Maybe a Mav's or Star's game. White rock Lake??

I haven't been to the Farmers Market since I was a kid. This was a big thing in my childhood. I had a feeling it would go to crap as so much does in Dallas.

I still need to visit Klyde Warren one day. I love going to White Rock because how walkable it is. We live in Far North Dallas right where GB/DNT come together so Lake Lewsiville is closer but it isn't like White Rock at all. I love to walk/jog the trail at White Rock and just relax out there.

Deep Ellum is cool in the day time but it's a shithole at night. We haven't been there in almost 3 years. Some parts of Greenville are still cool. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Can confirm Dallas Farmers Market sucks ass now. When I was little I would help out my family from west Texas selling watermelons and cantaloupe they would bring in. It was fun and met some really awesome people, now it is nothing but 7 dollar macaroons, jars weird jellies, overpriced candles and soap. It fucking sucks

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I haven't been to the Farmers Market since I was a kid. This was a big thing in my childhood. I had a feeling it would go to crap as so much does in Dallas.

I still need to visit Klyde Warren one day. I love going to White Rock because how walkable it is. We live in Far North Dallas right where GB/DNT come together so Lake Lewsiville is closer but it isn't like White Rock at all. I love to walk/jog the trail at White Rock and just relax out there.

Deep Ellum is cool in the day time but it's a shithole at night. We haven't been there in almost 3 years. Some parts of Greenville are still cool. 

Yeah, we're about the same age. Our family went to the Farmers Market on a regular basis when we were young. Took my family around 2 or 3 months ago, and it's just Dallas douchebag Central now. The only redeeming quality was that you could carry a beer around.

I used to live at 190 & Josey, if you like walking/jogging - check out Grapevine Lake.  That was may go to back then. Be sure to check here - some of the parks have fee's, some don't, but the trails connect to all of them. 

https://lake-grapevine.com/katies-woods-park/

It's been awhile, but I used to run from here, to the restaurant and have a beer. then walk back. 

• Hook 'Em 1