Radical Republicans already plotting to steal future elections

Pancho

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

I posted this in the GQP thread, but it needs its own thread:

Here's what I think would ultimately happen.  

Penniman also expressed concern about the quick-strike networks of lawyers and DAs being created, suggesting that politically motivated poll workers could simply initiate a legal conflict at the polling place that disrupts voting and then use it as a vehicle for rejecting vote counts from that precinct.

“Come election day you create massive failure of certification” in Democratic precincts, Penniman said. “The real hope is that you can throw the choosing of electors to state legislatures.”

Edited by Biff Tannen

A candidate's willingness to overturn democracy is now the singular de facto litmus test for the Republican Party.  

I actually expected far worse election-day shenanigans from them in 2020.  I thought the arms-carrying overthrow of elections would occur on smaller precinct levels, but they saved them for the inauguration.

Our country is in trouble.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Plans to contest may not be needed with the gerrymandering and suppression.

Like North Dakota that decided IDs weren't enough. They must have physical addresses. No problem, right? Well, 61% of Native Americans in the State lived on reservations which do not have physical addresses. Coincidence, I am sure.

https://thedailybanter.com/2018/11/01/native-americans-fight-voter-id-laws/

Edited by pacman
  • Rage+1 3

5 minutes ago, RatJuul said:

It reeks of despair and hopelessness. Have you resigned yourself to such a state? If so can we talk about how you've fallen into such disrepair as a human being and maybe outline the journey for those of us with an interest?

Like supporting Donald Trump for president?

And now I shall sit back and witness who all on this board is able to do one or all of the following:

1) learned how to use the 'ignore' function

2) possess a willpower over their keyboard impulses

3) spotted the familiar

4)  keeps a sense of humor

Sorry for the grammar mistakes today, I'm not feeling it.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
response is to post above David Dennison's
  • Haha 3

The most interesting thing about being on these boards for an extended period of time is being able to see the evolution of people. Some it's slow and steady, others a lot more sudden.
In your case, specifically, watching you be radicalized has been kind of fun. To see you go from a reasoned person in control of their emotions

It reeks of despair and hopelessness.

How would a new user such as yourself know if he used to be a "reasoned person"?

Oh, because you're a grown man that has been repeatedly asked to leave, but keeps coming back with a new username.

Talk about "reeking of despair".

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You hate what the right wing is doing to our country? Me too. So stop just bitching about Republican shenanigans from behind a keyboard and fucking do something about it. Volunteer. Work as a poll observer. Work hotlines. Pound the pavement, hand out fliers, register voters. 

We have superior numbers. We have better intentions. We just need to organize and actually get off our couches to join the fight. Or we’ll continue to lose our country to fascist assholes.

When I get a chance, I’ll post some links for those interested in actually pitching in. In the meantime, just Google Democratic Party volunteer opportunities. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, RatJuul said:

The most interesting thing about being on these boards for an extended period of time is being able to see the evolution of people. Some it's slow and steady, others a lot more sudden.

In your case, specifically, watching you be radicalized has been kind of fun. To see you go from a reasoned person in control of their emotions prone to write out thoughtful and original contributions to someone who posts one of two ways: 1) inflammatory extreme and absolutist nothingness like the above or 2) taking a point that was made you disagree with and extrapolating extreme and hyper-exaggerated conclusions to counterpoint (counterpoint in rhetoric, not music-- you still enjoy some things about life like music, right?).

It reeks of despair and hopelessness. Have you resigned yourself to such a state? If so can we talk about how you've fallen into such disrepair as a human being and maybe outline the journey for those of us with an interest?

This is how you gaslight. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

You hate what the right wing is doing to our country? Me too. So stop just bitching about Republican shenanigans from behind a keyboard and fucking do something about it. Volunteer. Work as a poll observer. Work hotlines. Pound the pavement, hand out fliers, register voters. 

We have superior numbers. We have better intentions. We just need to organize and actually get off our couches to join the fight. Or we’ll continue to lose our country to fascist assholes.

When I get a chance, I’ll post some links for those interested in actually pitching in. In the meantime, just Google Democratic Party volunteer opportunities. 

Yes.

Do all of that.

Just realize that it won't be enough, and this only ends with Americans killing each other.  The GQP has told you how far they intend to go, and what they are willing to do.  The most violent party in a conflict sets the rules of engagement.  This is how they want it to go down, and nothing will stop it.  Dems do a good job and protect our elections?  Another Jan 6, but worse will follow.  Dems let the GQP steal elections outright?  Local individuals have enough, and fight back -- which thrills the GQP and the Brown Shirt groups they have put together, who will engage in combat at the behest of the "state."

The GQP wants this to end in blood.  So it will.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes.

Do all of that.

Just realize that it won't be enough, and this only ends with Americans killing each other.  The GQP has told you how far they intend to go, and what they are willing to do.  The most violent party in a conflict sets the rules of engagement.  This is how they want it to go down, and nothing will stop it.  Dems do a good job and protect our elections?  Another Jan 6, but worse will follow.  Dems let the GQP steal elections outright?  Local individuals have enough, and fight back -- which thrills the GQP and the Brown Shirt groups they have put together, who will engage in combat at the behest of the "state."

The GQP wants this to end in blood.  So it will.

hopefully their own when they all eat a bullet at a designated time

• Like 1