The Boat Fanatic Thread

Yarbr

3 minutes ago, Bert Orange said:

I am always up for a race. I smoked an eager Merc C63 driver a couple weeks back. I had remove all badging from the Hawk and I’m not sure he new what he was up against. 

That's just mean.

One of my customers has an AMG 63, asked me who was faster. I said let's line up and find out, but he demurred.

Honestly, I drive in grandma mode 99% of the time. There is one dude with a first gen SRT 8 that always wants to try me, I just toy with him.

In all seriousness though, I like @Brew. Just being someone born and raised and who's made a living off the water I find his maritime opinions wildly hilarious.

I also just learned he thinks money takes you out of the middle class, which is good for a chuckle. 

I live south of the Mason Dixon and I've been actual surfing since the 1980s. I was also a 100 ton captain, I've done more stuff with boats with engines than most people have driven cars.

Don't you have a pontoon boat too? Christ, you are practically an Applebees on the water. I'm not sure it's possible to be more middle class.

You’re acting like a dick

In all seriousness though, I like [mention=155]Brew[/mention]. Just being someone born and raised and who's made a living off the water I find his maritime opinions wildly hilarious.

I also just learned he thinks money takes you out of the middle class, which is good for a chuckle. 

Jesus dude. Seriously.

20 minutes ago, G650 said:

In all seriousness though, I like @Brew. Just being someone born and raised and who's made a living off the water I find his maritime opinions wildly hilarious.

I’ve been on boats and around boats all my life, but keep living up to that silver spoon, sailor boi, douche stereotype. I’ll keep having fun on my “middle class” toys, you keep playing on the ones your daddy paid for.

I’ve been on boats and around boats all my life, but keep living up to that silver spoon, sailor boi, douche stereotype. I’ll keep having fun on my “middle class” toys, you keep playing on the ones your daddy paid for.

But your maritime opinions bro...?!?

9 hours ago, Brew said:

You seem mad.

You seem mad.

That’s funny, I’m imagined him calling his middle class lady friend over and pointing at the screen while he typed that response and they both laughed and rolled their eyes.

Your maritime opinions are laced with judgment, elitism and classism, and I doubt he gives a flying fuck about them. Now let me get going, i don’t want to miss the breakfast special at Applebee’s ... eatin’ good in the neighborhood!!

Just now, troph said:

That’s funny, I’m imagined him calling his middle class lady friend over and pointing at the screen while he typed that response and they both laughed and rolled their eyes.

Your maritime opinions are laced with judgment, elitism and classism, and I doubt he gives a flying fuck about them. Now let me get going, i don’t want to miss the breakfast special at Applebee’s ... eatin’ good in the neighborhood!!

Ha. You guys are too easy.

Y’all got it all wrong, it’s how she makes you feel, whether she loves you for who you are and if the two of you grow closer as you ride together.

You mean enjoying the seas together?

d71a2f695db2a445e1c2c5bfa1655f23.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Bert Orange said:

Speaking of which, need to name her. Nominations:

- National Pontoon's Lakecation
- Man on the Toon
- Pond Toon
- Toon Soon?
- Driving Miss Lazy

- Hold My Beer

Taking Jessica Rabbit to Toon Town.

52 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I did find this video I have, forgot I had it on YT.  Caddo Lake in 2011 when the water level was really low.  Vert Video ON PURPOSE. 

Nice Stanco.  I hear you really *love* that mud motor.

• Like 1

What in the ever-loving hell has happened to the boat thread?  Anyone fortunate enough to have one, be it whatever it is- ski boat, bass boat, jet ski, or this

15840d1202531893-whats-fishing-boat-look

should enjoy it and to each his own.  I applaud you all.

9 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

What in the ever-loving hell has happened to the boat thread?  Anyone fortunate enough to have one, be it whatever it is- ski boat, bass boat, jet ski, or this

I drank some gin and started trolling brew and troph. More successfully than I had anticipated I might add.

Related, middle class is the new best insult. I think communist will always be number one, but middle class is running a close second at the moment.

P.S. Jet Skis still suck.

I drank some gin and started trolling brew and troph. More successfully than I had anticipated I might add.
Related, middle class is the new best insult. I think communist will always be number one, but middle class is running a close second at the moment.

P.S. Jet Skis still suck.

You can’t stop can you? I was never upset by your jackassery. And you’re still acting like a jackass. Please stop shitting on our thread. Kthxbai.

8 minutes ago, Bert Orange said:

Nah. Jet skis are the 3 series of the lake. It’s the obnoxious drivers that give them a bad rap. They’re damn fun when driven responsibly. 

Strongly disagree. If I was emperor they would be banned. Along with people from Pennsylvania and Ohio who have never seen the ocean.A lot of times when they try to jump our wake we will turn and point the boat directly at them until they shit their pants. /notroll.

Just now, davidg said:

Very upper class of you, not unlike a guy I worked with who would take his wife there on their anniversary and get 20 wings and a bottle of Dom.

d8ea91b6e5e37c4af395ec00f691235c

Do they actually have Dom at Hooters? I hope so.