The Boat Fanatic Thread

Yarbr

“Boats” is a very generic term just for the record, so you can’t really apply a rule of thumb to any general discussion on them. Depreciation, discounts off MSRP, problems l, etc. are all pretty specific to the type boat you are looking at and then further impacted by brand, size, etc. at that point. It is then further impacted by the region you live in and what’s popular, what the dealer network is, etc. I live in Cobalt/Mastercraft country. If you want to resell your boat at a premium, you buy one of the two. It varies everywhere you go.

On the topic of the Chapparal, I don’ know anything about them. However, I would be hard pressed to think resale holds up on their 19’s because of pricing. It’s easier to finance it new than used on a $40k boat. I also would not expect any significant issues with a new one. There is a lot of difference between a mass produced 20 footer and a 28+ foot boat. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Also, if buying new then dealing with a reputable dealer is over half the battle.  Buy from a dealer that comes recommended and any issues should be minor. Don’t go chasing a few dollars buying from half way across the country. Local is an advantage.

I’ll put it this way.... I’m never paying new for a Spencer. My list goes something like 

F&S

ACY - American Custom Yachts

Jarrett Bay

Garlington

And then I’d go Viking just because if anything breaks you give them the hull number and you get a replacement part immediately. Actually they should probably be number 1 but they don’t have the lines of the others. 

6 hours ago, justhookit said:

Yeah but you and I are talking about 2 different things. I don’t think he wants either one of our boats.

I agree. Be we went from 23’ Seacraft to 31 Cabo in a couple of posts, so I wasn’t really clear on what he wanted.  Just throwing my anecdotal .02 in.  And I agree that boats are better once shook down, I just like to be the one doing the shaking down.  

16 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Doesn't look like most of us will be going anywhere for the next few days....

15 hours ago, CHIEF said:

tenor.gif

CHIEF

Looked back through the thread and I can't find where I ever talked about this.  Could have sworn I did, but I guess not?  Here's the really short version...

Bought a new Regal 28 Express from Phil Dill Boats, which is a dealership in DFW owned by a big company called One Water Marine that has a bunch of dealerships all over the country (several in Texas) under a bunch of different names.  The boat was sold to me as a new dealer demo with very low hours that they brought up from one of their other dealerships in Houston for me.

From the first day I had it, every time we used the boat, something fairly major broke on it.  It went from me thinking, well that's probably just how it goes when you're breaking in a new boat...to, there has to be something seriously wrong with this boat.

Very serendipitously found out that the boat was never a dealer demo and it was never in Houston.  It was previously owned by a guy in Frisco, TX (who also just happened to be a fraud attorney), who returned the boat because it was a piece of shit. 

After lots of doubling down and getting caught in more lies, after about 2 months, the dealership was forced to take it back and give me a full refund.

I will never give that dealership or any of the dealerships in that company another penny.  Bunch of crooked fucks.  And I will never buy another Regal.  Here's a link to all of their dealerships if anyone's interested...

https://portal.onewatermarine.com/public/locations

Edited by Landomatic
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

Looked back through the thread and I can't find where I ever talked about this.  Could have sworn I did, but I guess not?  Here's the really short version...

Bought a new Regal 28 Express from Phil Dill Boats, which is a dealership in DFW owned by a big company called One Water Marine that has a bunch of dealerships all over the country (several in Texas) under a bunch of different names.  The boat was sold to me as a new dealer demo with very low hours that they brought up from one of their other dealerships in Houston for me.

From the first day I had it, every time we used the boat, something fairly major broke on it.  It went from me thinking, well that's probably just how it goes when you're breaking in a new boat...to, there has to be something seriously wrong with this boat.

Very serendipitously found out that the boat was never a dealer demo and it was never in Houston.  It was previously owned by a guy in Frisco, TX (who also just happened to be a fraud attorney), who returned the boat because it was a piece of shit. 

After lots of doubling down and getting caught in more lies, after about 2 months, the dealership was forced to take it back and give me a full refund.

I will never give that dealership or any of the dealerships in that company another penny.  Bunch of crooked fucks.  And I will never buy another Regal.  Here's a link to all of their dealerships if anyone's interested...

https://portal.onewatermarine.com/public/locations

Thanks for the list.  They have 4 dealerships in the area where I will be shopping.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their input.  I’m going to do a lot of research in the next few months.  It would seem at this point my choice would come down to smaller and newer vs. older and bigger.  Not real sure how I will decide on that, but looking forward to the process of figuring that out.

Find the kind of boat you want and go from there.

If you end up with a CC, don’t be afraid of something older. In fact, that would be towards the top of my list. There are many, many hulls that have a fanatical following and are bulletproof. Look for one of those that needs a repower and you will have 90% of a new boat at 50% of the cost.

Ex: hydra sports vector hulls. Mid to late 90’s, no wood, ride great, and have a loyal following. People search out those boats. Repower and put in new electronics and you’ll be set for a long time. Suzuki’s for the win on a repower!
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

If you end up with a CC, don’t be afraid of something older. In fact, that would be towards the top of my list. There are many, many hulls that have a fanatical following and are bulletproof. Look for one of those that needs a repower and you will have 90% of a new boat at 50% of the cost.

Ex: hydra sports vector hulls. Mid to late 90’s, no wood, ride great, and have a loyal following. People search out those boats. Repower and put in new electronics and you’ll be set for a long time. Suzuki’s for the win on a repower!

1969 Bertram, HOLLA!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

Thanks for the list.  They have 4 dealerships in the area where I will be shopping.

Yep, based out of Atlanta IIRC so that doesn’t surprise me.  If it were a rogue salesman at this one dealership, I may not be so extreme.  But this was clearly a top-down culture as I was lied to multiple times by multiple people.  They lied so much that they couldn’t keep their own stories straight.  It was clearly just second nature for them and the way they do business.

I’m looking at Chaparral because it’s a quality brand and they have a cool fish and ski model I like. Msrp is $47/52k, but only one dealer in Austin because Chaparrals don’t sell a lot here. They sell a ton in DFW where I used to live. The Austin dealer is ski dock and seems pretty much like a half ass dealer. The Lewisville dealer is a major dealer for chaparral. 

25 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

They lied so much that they couldn’t keep their own stories straight.  It was clearly just second nature for them and the way they do business.

Pretty much the same for any _____________ dealer.

*insert whatever you are buying in blank

1 hour ago, Handcruser said:

Good to know.  It would be my first instinct to be afraid of taking something older out into the ocean.  Also, why Suzuki?  It would seem to me that Mercury and Yamaha absolutely dominate the market for outboard motors.  They are on 95% of the boats I have seen for sale. I was browsing boats a few minutes ago and randomly came across a 2006 Hydra Sports with brand new Suzuki engines and Garmin electronics that naturally caught my eye as I had just read your post.

If anyone ever needs to repower, let me know. CHIEF Jr.'s shop gets Tohatsu's for about $100 per hp. A 90 horse is $9k, a 150 runs $15k, etc. He said as soon as you pull the cowl off, the first thing you see, is the made by Honda Corp. stickers. They are the same exact engine, only one is painted black.

He said he is hearing the price on that Verado, is about $100-120k a pop. Ouch. You can buy the Marine Seven with a LSA (627 hp Cadillac CTS-V motor) for about $80k.

CHIEF

18 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

If anyone ever needs to repower, let me know. CHIEF Jr.'s shop gets Tohatsu's for about $100 per hp. A 90 horse is $9k, a 150 runs $15k, etc. He said as soon as you pull the cowl off, the first thing you see, is the made by Honda Corp. stickers. They are the same exact engine, only one is painted black.

He said he is hearing the price on that Verado, is about $100-120k a pop. Ouch. You can buy the Marine Seven with a LSA (627 hp Cadillac CTS-V motor) for about $80k.

CHIEF

Wish I had known that when I bought my Tohatsu 50 in 2017. I think I paid $6500 for it, plus rigging. And actually, anything up to 60HP is mfg by Tohatsu in Japan. The motors over 60HP are Hondas. The Tohatsu built motors are the MFS models. Mercury 60 HP and down use Tohatsu power heads. 

26 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

It would be my first instinct to be afraid of taking something older out into the ocean.  

It's important to not think of a boat like say a car. Properly cared for, boat hulls are going to outlive any owner, be they wood, polyester or epoxy. A simple hull survey will tell you the integrity of the hull. A reasonably low hour motor and up to date wiring is really the gist of safety, beyond operator skill and judgement.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Good to know.  It would be my first instinct to be afraid of taking something older out into the ocean.  Also, why Suzuki?  It would seem to me that Mercury and Yamaha absolutely dominate the market for outboard motors.  They are on 95% of the boats I have seen for sale. I was browsing boats a few minutes ago and randomly came across a 2006 Hydra Sports with brand new Suzuki engines and Garmin electronics that naturally caught my eye as I had just read your post.

There is a saying: Mercury gets you there faster, Yamaha a d Suzuki get you home every time.

A 300 Yamaha may be 28k-30k, but a Suzuki will be 17k-20k for a 300. Massive savings.

Florida is littered with repowered boats and I would bet most are Suzuki (just like the one you saw).

Hulls last forever if cared for. Instead of looking at a boat that’s 200k new and 125k at 6 years old with 900 hours on the engines.....look for one that’s 10 years old that’s been well maintained and is a quality hull that’s going for 60k but needs new engines. You’ll be adding 50k of engines and 10k of new electronics and be set for 10 years.

Figure out what you want, then find out what everyone is after in that segment and go from there. There are tons of people that like those old Makos from the 80’s in the 21-23 foot range. They buy a good one, throw on a Suzuki 250, and ride that thing for 15 years.
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

There is a saying: Mercury gets you there faster, Yamaha a d Suzuki get you home every time.

A 300 Yamaha may be 28k-30k, but a Suzuki will be 17k-20k for a 300. Massive savings.

Florida is littered with repowered boats and I would bet most are Suzuki (just like the one you saw).

Hulls last forever if cared for. Instead of looking at a boat that’s 200k new and 125k at 6 years old with 900 hours on the engines.....look for one that’s 10 years old that’s been well maintained and is a quality hull that’s going for 60k but needs new engines. You’ll be adding 50k of engines and 10k of new electronics and be set for 10 years.

Figure out what you want, then find out what everyone is after in that segment and go from there. There are tons of people that like those old Makos from the 80’s in the 21-23 foot range. They buy a good one, throw on a Suzuki 250, and ride that thing for 15 years.

Makes sense as to why I haven’t seen many Suzukis.  I haven’t looked for anything older than 2010 previously. 

31 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Indeed. I used to have a Mako 20 we repowered with an Ocean Pro Evinrude. Was awesome boat. I'd probably look at an old 23 or 25.5, the new Makos are nit nearly as good as the old ones

• Like 1

Indeed. I used to have a Mako 20 we repowered with an Ocean Pro Evinrude. Was awesome boat. I'd probably look at an old 23 or 25.5, the new Makos are nit nearly as good as the old ones

New makos are shit. Old ones are good.

Also, if you’re looking at a 23 look at a fish nautique or shamrock 246

I have also become more anemia levels to Walk arounds or small cuddy cabins. Having a head, small stove, and place to get away from the sun sounds really good at my age. They’re in high demand in Florida as many families use them in the keys for overnight trips. They just beach it or anchor and spend a few days.

I’d look at those too. I ha ent read up thread on what it is your doing so I’m just scatter shooting.

7 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I’m looking at Chaparral because it’s a quality brand and they have a cool fish and ski model I like. Msrp is $47/52k, but only one dealer in Austin because Chaparrals don’t sell a lot here. They sell a ton in DFW where I used to live. The Austin dealer is ski dock and seems pretty much like a half ass dealer. The Lewisville dealer is a major dealer for chaparral. 

We’ve had the discussion on the old board but a lot of us think fish and ski models are neither fish nor ski.  You’ll like the idea of doing both but when you do one the boat won’t have all you need.  Something to think about.

6 hours ago, G650 said:

It's important to not think of a boat like say a car. Properly cared for, boat hulls are going to outlive any owner, be they wood, polyester or epoxy. A simple hull survey will tell you the integrity of the hull. A reasonably low hour motor and up to date wiring is really the gist of safety, beyond operator skill and judgement.

I’m still deep in my rabbit hole and it’s pretty clear that the right boat manufacturers and you can have a reliable sea worthy vessel - hull, electrical and engines.  Lots of other things to consider with age, but interiors and electronics, stabilizers, thrusters, list goes on can be easily upgraded but shit wiring, the wrong engines (or not taken care of) and a bad hull design or bad hull construction and there’s no lipstick that will make that boat run smooth.  It’s also why with the right maker an older boat shouldn’t be a problem. Seems like prices are often indicative of that quality too. 

Edited by troph

8 hours ago, Handcruser said:

hydra sports vector hulls

Great riding boats, but there were years with tank issues. I don’t know what years, but it was a thing. 

8 hours ago, Cajun said:

1969 Bertram, HOLLA

I’ve got a friend that has a 20’, 25’, 28’, and recently sold a 35, which was replaced with an OG 31’.   I know for sure the 20’ is late 60’s, and his grandfather purchased it new. He got it back in mid 2000’s and restored it.  Cool little rig.  You can say they are Bertram fanatics. 

6 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Been watching a bunch on 600hp Verado. CEO est $75-77k per motor. 

That’s what I saw, 77k.  Which is hard to believe since the 450’s weren’t all that much less than that when they released.  Like the steering in the leg, they’ll be able to squeeze them tight. 

7 hours ago, CHIEF said:

You can buy the Marine Seven with a LSA (627 hp Cadillac CTS-V motor) for about $80k.

Thought I read 7-marine was closing shop? 

7 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Also, why Suzuki?  It would seem to me that Mercury and Yamaha absolutely dominate the market for outboard motors.  They are on 95% of the boats I have seen for sale.

Both have contracts with national builders, for one.    I wouldn’t be afraid of any of those 3, except for specific models on the Yammie and Merc.  Yamaha 350 for example would be a hard pass for me. Fwiw, I’ve had a Zuk for 10 years now and will likely go Merc next.  Had only owned Yamahas previous to this one.  

5 hours ago, Handcruser said:

There are tons of people that like those old Makos from the 80’s in the 21-23 foot range. They buy a good one, throw on a Suzuki 250, and ride that thing for 15 years.

There was an early 80’s 25’ hull/trailer for sale for 4K in Brazoria for like a year. I did several spreadsheets trying to convince myself to pick it up.  I did not.  But a couple of 66’s would have been perfect. 

4 hours ago, Handcruser said:

There are a few 33s within a 500 mile radius of Charleston.  Daddy likey.  It’s anazing what happens when you expand the search radius from 200 miles to 500 miles and bring south Florida into the picture.  Lots more boats.

On 2/12/2021 at 8:02 AM, Cajun said:

I've fished this 35 Cabo in, well, Cabo.  Great fishing boat and built for just that - fishing.

Image 2-12-21 at 10.02 AM.jpeg

My close bud has a Cabo 48.  Fished Mag Bay and Cabo late 2019 in it.  Best fishing of my life.  It’s good to have friends with boats.

19 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Just wanted to thank everyone for their input.  I’m going to do a lot of research in the next few months.  It would seem at this point my choice would come down to smaller and newer vs. older and bigger.  Not real sure how I will decide on that, but looking forward to the process of figuring that out.

whatever you do take your time and research.  Join owners groups on Facebook or other forums and ask questions.  Boat owners LOVE to talk about their boats, and they’ll be honest as to what they like and don’t.

1 hour ago, troph said:

We’ve had the discussion on the old board but a lot of us think fish and ski models are neither fish nor ski.  You’ll like the idea of doing both but when you do one the boat won’t have all you need.  Something to think about.

Ya appreciate the input. I remember that conversation and I think everyone’s right, but I think for my particular situation it might work out ok. We are all a bunch of half assers in everything: fishing, skiing, tubing, etc. We are all just happy to get out on a boat. I don’t think a combo boat would work for most people, but I’m thinking it might for us. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Ya appreciate the input. I remember that conversation and I think everyone’s right, but I think for my particular situation it might work out ok. We are all a bunch of half assers in everything: fishing, skiing, tubing, etc. We are all just happy to get out on a boat. I don’t think a combo boat would work for most people, but I’m thinking it might for us. 

A fish and ski will fish fine (lake/river), ski fine, tube fine, wakeboard okay, etc. you just can’t surf. I started out with a late 80’s 19 foot Ebtide Campione and it did everything we needed well. This was before the surf craze started and really in the early days of wakeboarding taking off. They made a fish and ski model on the same hull that just had a center mount front seat and trolling motor. It worked well for lake/river use until I stepped up to a wakeboard boat because we were more focused on that by the late 90’s.

If you aren’t a hardcore anything, a multi-use model works fine. Hell, plenty of people use pontoons for all of the above uses.

There are a few 33s within a 500 mile radius of Charleston.  Daddy likey.  It’s anazing what happens when you expand the search radius from 200 miles to 500 miles and bring south Florida into the picture.  Lots more boats.

Both of those boats have the small bed underneath the deck. That 33 can sleep 6 or 7 I think. Anyway, if you don’t utilize that small bed for sleeping it’s a great storage area.

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

My close bud has a Cabo 48.  Fished Mag Bay and Cabo late 2019 in it.  Best fishing of my life.  It’s good to have friends with boats.

They are fishing machines.  

When the Stripes are biting in Cabo it's sofaking glorious down there.

Both of those boats have the small bed underneath the deck. That 33 can sleep 6 or 7 I think. Anyway, if you don’t utilize that small bed for sleeping it’s a great storage area.

36 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Not really about sleeping for me.  I can’t imagine ever having more than two people sleeping in it, and that would be a rarity.  My current intentions do not include spending nights aboard the boat. The space out of the sun, an actual head instead of a toilet shoehorned into an equipment locker, and the ability to have some “privacy” that wouldn’t be possible  in a CC of a similar size are all appealing.  I’ll keep looking, probably change my mind a few times, and when I have the same thought for a month that’s probably the way to go.  I need to get out and look at some in person, but probably need to get to the coast somewhere to find anyone with a decent inventory (I’m currently in Dallas).  Houston is probably the easiest place  to accomplish that right now, but I’ll probably just do some internet window shopping until the next time I’m in Charleston and can try and make some local connections there (including @G650’s guy).  This summer would be the earliest I would actually buy something, so am not in a hurry, but I’ve spent an unhealthy amount of time looking at boat listings the last two days.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, davidg said:

Pretty much the same for any _____________ dealer.

*insert whatever you are buying in blank

No, this was beyond egregious.  Sure, shady shit happens with all fill in the blank dealers for whatever, but normally on the scale of somewhere between a 0 and 5 maybe.  This shit was at 11.

• Rage+1 1

13 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Not really about sleeping for me.  I can’t imagine ever having more than two people sleeping in it, and that would be a rarity.  My current intentions do not include spending nights aboard the boat. The space out of the sun, an actual head instead of a toilet shoehorned into an equipment locker, and the ability to have some “privacy” that wouldn’t be possible  in a CC of a similar size are all appealing.  I’ll keep looking, probably change my mind a few times, and when I have the same thought for a month that’s probably the way to go.  I need to get out and look at some in person, but probably need to get to the coast somewhere to find anyone with a decent inventory (I’m currently in Dallas).  Houston is probably the easiest place  to accomplish that right now, but I’ll probably just do some internet window shopping until the next time I’m in Charleston and can try and make some local connections there (including @G650’s guy).  This summer would be the earliest I would actually buy something, so am not in a hurry, but I’ve spent an unhealthy amount of time looking at boat listings the last two days.

This is what I was trying to communicate with my initial post - be open to slightly larger and older so you can make your budget and meet your needs. New problems come into play with bigger and older and so you’ll need to get up to speed on those boats but the ideals you have if they include the fairer sex will be more achievable.  I get the unhealthy part of surfing boat trader or whatever but there’s a lot to learn and surfing the net about boats isn’t the worst thing you can do.  I still think doing some charters on boats you are considering is a great way to figure it out. There’s a ton of variation there with rivers, bays, protected water, probably skinny water and then open ocean. You may never want to go out in unprotected waters who knows. Figure out the area, what you want and what boat you want in that environment.  CC for 4 hours in bay water for fishing and a sunset is easy and will make a lot of memories.  Sunset cruises in a 30-35 in the bay with the wifey could be epic. Going after tuna offshore is obvious.  Just enjoy the process and don’t worry about the time drain, that’s what hobbies are for.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/12/2021 at 2:20 PM, Dbeasy said:

I’ve seen that said multiple times, but I like new and want to minimize maintenance issues in the beginning. So why not buy new?

Explained...glad you got it.

On 2/12/2021 at 3:41 PM, Dbeasy said:

Okay got it. Thanks. So if I buy used, I’m going to need a dealer to hold my hand because I’m a boat idiot. So I guess that means buy used from a local dealer. The challenge is finding the boat I want locally. 

Also explained, but maybe you missed it.  Get a good broker to help you.  Dealers are most likely not your friend.

On 2/12/2021 at 4:12 PM, Dbeasy said:

Still looking at 19 or 21 ft Chaparral SSI

From my understanding, Chaparrels are crap.

On 2/13/2021 at 11:08 AM, Dbeasy said:

I think, much like your thoughts on buying new, you could not be more wrong here.

15 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I think you need to do A LOT more homework.  Not trying to be an asshole, just trying to help you out.

• Hook 'Em 1

There is a market for a fish and ski for a reason, it could work. It was my first choice but then I end up wanting all available options when I’m doing something or when I buy something so sacrificing for “both and” doesn’t really work for me.  I ended up with a 27’ colbalt for comfort and tubing and realized I don’t want to fish lake Travis really at all, and loved it for my first boat.  Fish and ski clearly does work for some though. 

1 hour ago, troph said:

blah blah blah...first boat cobalt...blah blah blah

Nice humble brag 😘

Seriously though, every time we see a Cobalt, our pants get a little chubby/wet.  Something verrrrrrry sexy about a Cobalt.

Just talked to my mechanic about them a couple days ago (he owns one) and he said the newest ones are not that great.  Damn...took the wind straight out of my sails (pun intended).

csb time:

One of the boats I didn't buy in this whole process was a Cobalt 46 Express.  Big boat for Cobalt.  Had never seen one then and haven't seen one since - super rare - maybe only made them for one year?  Two staterooms, two heads, etc.  Kind of like a newer Chris-Craft Commander (my favorite boat ever and I think there are maybe like 10 of them in the world or some shit) but I digress.

Holy crap, this Cobalt was fucking fabulous and I was ready to go all in, all cash, no survey, like...stupid shit.  I didn't give a fuuuuuuhhhhhck...

And she had Zeus pods.  Ugh.  So, yeah...run, don't walk.

But, I think the boat we got is better, so everything happens for a reason I guess.

Edited by Landomatic

20 years old for $20K negates the humblebrag.  but yeah it was a fantastic boat - handled lake travis like a dream.  still miss it.  I'm not looking to upgrade freshwater anymore though so new/used colbalt cruisers aren't on my list. 

Edited by troph

18 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Sorry for the rapid fire posts, but wanted to post my handiwork re-tiling in my head today.  I’m a better tile craftsman than I thought I’d be.

B6A7303B-FB1A-4D2B-90BE-6FF8C430E09B.jpeg

9FA1166C-FE3E-45A3-A508-0845E9E58722.jpeg

BEE48900-E513-44FA-940C-58B56E060805.jpeg

Damn that's cool as hell man.  Nice work!!

Now, you need to get her some Mario Luca Giusti dishes.  From everything I know, it's THEE best there is when it comes to yacht ware.

The Tessa Blue collection would look amazing with that tile work.  Here's some that I got, although we (and by "we" I mean Mrs Landomatic) decided "we" are probably not going to use it (doesn't really go with the new boat, but will be replacing it with more Mario Luca stuff).

This shit is legit...all plastic.

OQrNG4.jpg

Edited by Landomatic
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, CHIEF said:

Cobalt definitely has a cult following. I've never really understood it, they are not a hand laid hull, they are built using a chopper gun. I suppose it must be the hull design that provides a smooth ride. But, damn, do they hold their value.

CHIEF

For me, it's more about the stying (fit & finish).  I see one and I just know it's gonna be sexy as hell.  And...upon closer inspection, it always is.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

For me, it's more about the stying (fit & finish).  I see one and I just know it's gonna be sexy as hell.  And...upon closer inspection, it always is.

they say owners are like their boats, or is that their dogs?  I dunno, but that descript fits me pretty well. ha.

Edited by troph

13 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Yep, they have a beautiful and sexy hull design and style. If I were gonna buy a boat to only have for a few years with minimal depreciation, Cobalt would be at the top of my list.

CHIEF