The Boat Fanatic Thread

Yarbr

No Brew, I agree with you and am not out there to blast the shoreline with MY music.  What I’m sensitive to is people like Chewy picking a small information point and extrapolating out a narrative with to leverage a desire to virtue signal his “concern” for nature.  

Brew, you know boats.  You know how the systems are configured.  Every now and again, after doing the wake surf thing you forget to kill the tower speakers.  Sitting behind the wheel they don’t seem loud or even on.  Then your attention is brought to the fact they are and you (I, in this case) shut ‘em off immediately. That’s what happened.  

The for pretend “just enjoy nature” idiotic horse being beaten to a pulp is hilarious given the fact that this chick and her friends were blasting their jam box back on shore.  Everyone on that shoreline had a similar set-up.  Picture a land based Devil’s cove at Travis.  I was way out there and could hear it just fine from the boat.  

No matter how this gets spun, the chicken fucking going on is equal parts stupid and hilarious.  

As far as the golf course goes, we’re talking Cabo Del Sol in Baja.  We didn’t see another group the entire day and the music never got louder than what you could hear from 15 feet away from the cart.  

The lectures and hand-wringing is just flat out unnecessary, and that’s being kind.
Lulz. I was joking about you being the Bluetooth speaker on the golf course guy. And you are!

26 minutes ago, Cajun said:

What I’m sensitive to is people like Chewy picking a small information point and extrapolating out a narrative with to leverage a desire to virtue signal his “concern” for nature.  

The lectures and hand-wringing is just flat out unnecessary, and that’s being kind.

This is surly, both of these things go hand in hand with everyone putting themselves out there on this site. There is always someone on the other side of the coin. For the record this one seems to have been turned up to 11 for whatever reason.

Let’s get back to boats. I don’t have one so I’m not even sure why I’m here other than to live vicariously through others (at least those that keep their music at reasonable volume anyways, just kidding).

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
8 hours ago, Cajun said:
No Brew, I agree with you and am not out there to blast the shoreline with MY music.  What I’m sensitive to is people like Chewy picking a small information point and extrapolating out a narrative with to leverage a desire to virtue signal his “concern” for nature.  

Brew, you know boats.  You know how the systems are configured.  Every now and again, after doing the wake surf thing you forget to kill the tower speakers.  Sitting behind the wheel they don’t seem loud or even on.  Then your attention is brought to the fact they are and you (I, in this case) shut ‘em off immediately. That’s what happened.  

The for pretend “just enjoy nature” idiotic horse being beaten to a pulp is hilarious given the fact that this chick and her friends were blasting their jam box back on shore.  Everyone on that shoreline had a similar set-up.  Picture a land based Devil’s cove at Travis.  I was way out there and could hear it just fine from the boat.  

No matter how this gets spun, the chicken fucking going on is equal parts stupid and hilarious.  

As far as the golf course goes, we’re talking Cabo Del Sol in Baja.  We didn’t see another group the entire day and the music never got louder than what you could hear from 15 feet away from the cart.  

Lulz. I was joking about you being the Bluetooth speaker on the golf course guy. And you are!

Just like I was being sarcastic about having the sound turned all the way up every single moment out on the water and yet you not only believed that (because you really want to) you've built a gigantic windmill out of it in order to joust.  And  yet you continue to ignore all of the other content and information in several of my posts that completely derail your soap box.

What is it you said?  Oh yeah, you do you little fella.  You do you.

Edited by Cajun

Well shit now I want to have my cockpit speakers fixed.

Back on track, my ex fishing partner has an ACY just like this under contract. My captain will run it and while the 60 footer they had before was nice, this is a whole ‘ other level of boat. Hoping it works out for them.

https://www.marlinmag.com/boat-test-american-custom-yachts-67/

1EFB7F50-8994-46D3-ABA7-B816D4A2CB4F.jpeg

Edited by justhookit
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 6

On 9/18/2022 at 10:43 PM, Cajun said:

This pic from our little Canyon Lake family gathering cracks me up.  Dog's owners were on that tube.  So much going on...

Image 9-18-22 at 4.33 PM.jpg

I was out on Canyon Lake last Sunday pretty much doing the same thing. How often are you out here?

14 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Too loud or not, at least @Cajun is jamming Floyd instead of a bunch of garbage.  Daddy, what does 🎶got that big dick energy🎶, mean?  Cue me wanting to rip off every speaker I see on a boat going forward :) 

Yup, Floyd or the occasional switch to Yacht Rock, you know, for the ladies.

9 hours ago, Cajun said:

Almost every weekend while it’s warm

Damn, that's a lot, maybe twice a month for me and I am less than 20 minutes from the lake. In the summer my kids are there 3 or 4 times a week. Chances are if you were annoyed by some unruly youth on jet skis a couple of them were my kids.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, F250 said:

Damn, that's a lot, maybe twice a month for me and I am less than 20 minutes from the lake. In the summer my kids are there 3 or 4 times a week. Chances are if you were annoyed by some unruly youth on jet skis a couple of them were my kids.

It takes a LOT to annoy me out on the lake.  Butthurt over whatever is a calling for some, but not me.

😉

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 1

As someone who lives on a lake, the biggest annoyances for me are loud music after about 10 pm, and assholes who insist on hugging the shoreline to surf. 

You dumbfuck, you've got the whole lake and with that big ass MC and all that weight, you don't need to try to find "good water" to f'n surf.  Stop throwing a wave up into my yard and potentially throwing my kids into the dock with your wake.  There is one assbag who does it all the time and one of these days he's going to get a 2 oz crank bait slung across his back upholstery to give it a new look.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

As someone who lives on a lake, the biggest annoyances for me are loud music after about 10 pm, and assholes who insist on hugging the shoreline to surf. 

You dumbfuck, you've got the whole lake and with that big ass MC and all that weight, you don't need to try to find "good water" to f'n surf.  Stop throwing a wave up into my yard and potentially throwing my kids into the dock with your wake.  There is one assbag who does it all the time and one of these days he's going to get a 2 oz crank bait slung across his back upholstery to give it a new look.  

I get it and that dude is a fuckstick, but I can tell you don't live on Canyon Lake.  There is really no home on the entire lake that this would be an issue for.  Wake surfers there hug the shores, but the shores look like this.  No waterfront houses and barely any docks.  I think there's like only 6 or 7 on the entire lake.

DJI_0051.JPG

Edited by Cajun

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

I get it, but I can tell you don't live on Canyon Lake.  There is really no home on the entire lake that this would be an issue for.  Wake surfers there hug the shores, but the shores look like this.  No houses and barely any docks.  I think there's like only 6 or 7 on the entire lake.

DJI_0051.JPG

Definitely not.  It's a small east Texas lake, but there is plenty of room to surf out in the middle of the lake where you aren't throwing a huge wake up into small kids swimming around the docks.  If someone is slalom skiing behind an 84" beam Nautique, then by all means hug the shore. 

It's just hard on everything - docks, retaining walls, kids, tied up boats, etc.

@The Royal WeOh, I get it.  My home lake used to be Lake ATX.  Fuckers were always going by the ramps and dock at Walsh Landing while people were trying to put in.  Saw one boat almost end up on top of the dock after a Nautique with a bunch of 16 yr olds went by, full ballast and all.  

I'm so glad to be off of that lake.

Canyon Lake you can pretty much not worry about shit except maybe bass boats and the occasional dumbass who swims way out with nothing visible but his head inbetween the chop.  Those Darwin Award types get clipped all the time out there.

24 minutes ago, Brew said:

I have nothing left of my wall at the lake other than the posts because of people cruising the banks. It irritates the shit out of me more than anything else. If you are wakesurfing, the surf side needs to be towards the middle of the lake at least.

Different people surf on opposite sides of the boat, depending on right-footed vs. left-footed, and the wake is shaped to one side or the other as a result.  A boat driver should be driving on the right side of the lake where geographically applicable and possible.  So sometimes the largest part of the wave is going to be directed toward the shoreline.

But on a wide enough lake, then sure, there's no need to buzz the shoreline when surfing.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, utee94 said:

Different people surf on opposite sides of the boat, depending on right-footed vs. left-footed, and the wake is shaped to one side or the other as a result.  A boat driver should be driving on the right side of the lake where geographically applicable and possible.  So sometimes the largest part of the wave is going to be directed toward the shoreline.

But on a wide enough lake, then sure, there's no need to buzz the shoreline when surfing.  

If you’re surfing my boat, you’re surfing port side. I’ve never set up or offered to set up starboard.

1 hour ago, Brew said:

If you’re surfing my boat, you’re surfing port side. I’ve never set up or offered to set up starboard.

It’s crazy but nowadays all you do is press a button and the entire thing shifts from one side to the other in no time at all. Then you press another button if you want it larger or smaller. So far from the days of throwing people, fat sacs, weight and all that around.

On a lighter note, finally getting back to the boat tomorrow for the first time since I took delivery. Have all the toys in (besides the stereo) and gonna hang on the boat with little man and the wife (no pics) with a couple friends for the first time in forever. Really excited.  

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Atxracer said:

It’s crazy but nowadays all you do is press a button and the entire thing shifts from one side to the other in no time at all. Then you press another button if you want it larger or smaller. So far from the days of throwing people, fat sacs, weight and all that around.

On a lighter note, finally getting back to the boat tomorrow for the first time since I took delivery. Have all the toys in (besides the stereo) and gonna hang on the boat with little man and the wife (no pics) with a couple friends for the first time in forever. Really excited.  

Fat sacs are still part of the deal, but yeah, I can shift the wake on my middle of the road MC from left to right in about 10 seconds with the tab controls.  Takes forever to fill the fat sacs though.  I'm in awe every time I see this one Centurion do his set up right close to where I like to anchor and blast landlubbers with my tower speakers (I keed, I keed), because he puts on over twice the amount of H20 that I do in less than half the time it takes me.  

I want one so bad, but gotdamnit, I also want to keep my house.

As an aside, a couple of weeks ago I actually had some youngins ask me to sink her down and make a few passes so that they could get the "Day at the beach" experience I guess.

I know, I know, /csb

I'll show myself out.

Edited by Cajun
To be clear, no docks, no houses, no other people around. So, keep your soap boxes in the closet.

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

As an aside, a couple of weeks ago I actually had some youngins ask me to sink her down and make a few passes so that they could get the "Day at the beach" experience I guess.

I know, I know, /csb

I'll show myself out.

But, how loud was your music?

On 9/19/2022 at 10:35 PM, Chewbacca said:
On 9/19/2022 at 10:06 PM, Cajun said:

That was actually before the days of Bluetooth.  We'd haul a full size jambox down to Cabo so we could listen to music while fishing AND playing golf.  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

That was actually before the days of Bluetooth.  We'd haul a full size jambox down to Cabo so we could listen to music while fishing AND playing golf.  

Apparently, we were waaaaaay out of line Lat.  You know, playing music from the golf cart eventhough there was absolutely no one else on the course.

IT'S JUST NOT DONE!!!

13 minutes ago, justhookit said:

So port side should always be towards the middle of the lake.

this just makes me want to do about 1300 rpm’s, tabs down. I’m not sure it will make a difference in the Pacific Ocean. Boat is 50,000 pounds with a 5 foot draft. Y’all want to talk wakes?

Please don't bring that to Lake Austin.  Kthxbai.

51 minutes ago, justhookit said:

So port side should always be towards the middle of the lake.

this just makes me want to do about 1300 rpm’s, tabs down. I’m not sure it will make a difference in the Pacific Ocean. Boat is 50,000 pounds with a 5 foot draft. Y’all want to talk wakes?

You could just stand outside the fishing center and watch that though.  The true big boys know better but always seems to be a guy who found his way into an old Luhrs or something that didn't get the memo. 

20 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Don't like being told you're a prick?  Turn down your music.  I go outside to be outside, not to make everyone listen to my music.  No tunes when I hike, fish, ski, golf.  You should try it sometime.  It's nice.

You've got two different main ideas here.

One, is don't disturb other people.  I'm down with that.

The other, is that nobody should choose to listen to music in nature, because YOU choose not to listen to music in nature.  That's a personal preference, and I share the same belief, but it's not your place to tell other people how they get to enjoy their leisure time.  Why would you even care?

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t even think I’d like to fish if I didn’t have music going. Trout fishing on a stream sure no music. But put me on a boat in the ocean and there better be something playing even it’s my same old tired playlist. Which if I ever get motivated will get updated soon thanks in part to this thread.

1 minute ago, justhookit said:

I don’t even think I’d like to fish if I didn’t have music going. Trout fishing on a stream sure no music. But put me on a boat in the ocean and there better be something playing even it’s my same old tired playlist. Which if I ever get motivated will get updated soon thanks in part to this thread.

Same. I don’t listen unless we are out trolling.  Then it’s right as rain. 

Which reminds me……. When I bought this boat it was in Alabama. Funding went through so we left to bring it back to Port A. Stopped at the fuel dock and had Sirius radio playing. Left the fuel dock and got offshore and it stopped working. I called Sirius and it turned out the former owner had already cancelled service (asshole). Ok no big deal sign me up with new service. In the process of doing that I lost cell service so we went the next 12 hours with no music. Miserable. Finally got to Grand Isle Louisiana and was able to call and complete the transaction.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, utee94 said:

You've got two different main ideas here.

One, is don't disturb other people.  I'm down with that.

The other, is that nobody should choose to listen to music in nature, because YOU choose not to listen to music in nature.  That's a personal preference, and I share the same belief, but it's not your place to tell other people how they get to enjoy their leisure time.  Why would you even care?

I can't enjoy my leisure in nature if Cajun is next to me blasting tunes.  If he's truly bothering nobody, I don't care.  But I suspect he makes a lot more noise and bothers a lot more people than he will admit.  

I believe we should be considerate of others.