Texas has won the 2021-2022 Directors Cup

GreenspointTexas

4 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

You’re such a pussy and can’t let anyone have a differing opinion than you can you. Are you a tampons or maxi pad guy? Sounds like a tampon guy to me. 

The user I knew would be in this thread acting like a miserable cunt was you and I wasn’t wrong. 

I’ll never understand posters like you. If you don’t care about the other sports or the Director’s Cup just stay out of the thread. You have 100 other threads to bitch about football. I know that’s difficult for you to understand with your sub 80 IQ. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The user I knew would be in this thread acting like a miserable cunt was you and I wasn’t wrong. 

I’ll never understand posters like you. If you don’t care about the other sports or the Director’s Cup just stay out of the thread. You have 100 other threads to bitch about football. I know that’s difficult for you to understand with your sub 80 IQ. 

Lol so a tampons guy huh.

12 minutes ago, Js1 said:

We’ve won a second time straight even going 5-7 in football. If we figure that out, it’s over for everyone. 

We’ve only figured it out for a 5 year stretch in the mid to late 2000s but other than that pure mediocrity at best since 83

Edited by BurntOrange&White

Kind of a dumb thing to say, since by definition that stretch would have to include 2005 and 2009. 
2009  13-1
2008  12-1
2007  10-3
2006  10-3
2005  13-0

OK, so 10-3 is the bar.  Let's keep looking back.

2004  11-1
2003  10-3
2002  11-2
2001  11-2
2000  9-3

OK, we won't count 2000.  So it's 9 years, not 5.  Oh, look 1995 (10-2).  Oh look, 1990 (10-2).
"Pure mediocrity at best since 1983."
It astounds me how some Texas fans are programmed to understate our own fucking history.

Side note, remember the shirts in the coop in I think 98 or 99 that had the silhouette of horn and said 2002 on it? I didn’t buy one because jinx but that started the run of 10 win seasons. I think it was 99 when simms was signed. Somebody correct me if wrong.

That 98 team could have hung with anyone in the country by the end of the season.

I loved that team but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. They lost to a 7-5 Tech team on November 14th (Tech’s only victory in their last 6 games) and had to hang on to beat aggy in Ricky’s game.

7 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Kind of a dumb thing to say, since by definition that stretch would have to include 2005 and 2009. 

2009  13-1

2008  12-1

2007  10-3

2006  10-3

2005  13-0

OK, so 10-3 is the bar.  Let's keep looking back.

2004  11-1

2003  10-3

2002  11-2

2001  11-2

2000  9-3

OK, we won't count 2000.  So it's 9 years, not 5.  Oh, look 1995 (10-2).  Oh look, 1990 (10-2).

"Pure mediocrity at best since 1983."

It astounds me how some Texas fans are programmed to understate our own fucking history.

Yet only 2 big 12 titles during that span. 

oh look only 5 conference titles in 40 years

oh look if it wasn’t for Vince we would be going on 50 years of no title

7F7EA63E-5EE7-4055-BBF3-5090CE60631D.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

I loved that team but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. They lost to a 7-5 Tech team on November 14th (Tech’s only victory in their last 6 games) and had to hang on to beat aggy in Ricky’s game.

Going up against a vaunted SEC power house in the Cotton Bowl was fun.

Poooooooor Jackie

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think that’s what makes us have such a high standard. We lose our fucking minds when we lose 1 game. We want to shut down the program, kill all of our coaches and insist that each one of us would’ve called a better game with a head full of whiskey, a mouth full of Copenhagen, and belly full of brisket.

I take pride in understating what our program has accomplished. I would much rather it be this way than like aggy. They get one five star recruit and start creating hashtags about how they run the entire state.

You keep celebrating those 2 loss seasons and I’ll keep losing my mind when we lose one fucking game. I’m ok with that.

35 minutes ago, utee94 said:

JFC some of you are some seriously miserable assholes. 

Anyway, winning an all-sports trophy is better than not winning one.  Our non-revenue sports have improved quite a bit over the past several years.  This is a good thing. 

It's mainly just two posters (rockethorn and burntorange&white) who act this way in every thread. If you had to guess which two posters would act like miserable assholes in this thread those two would have been the top choices. 

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It's mainly just two posters (rockethorn and burntorange&white) who act this way in every thread. If you had to guess which two posters would act like miserable assholes in this thread those two would have been the top choices. 

They're just off their meds again. Or they're stressed out. They need to hit a blunt or have a cig and they'll feel better.  

Edited by Longboard Horn
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yet only 2 big 12 titles during that span. 

oh look only 5 conference titles in 40 years

oh look if it wasn’t for Vince we would be going on 50 years of no title

That doesn't change the fact that what you wrote was stupid.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That doesn't change the fact that what you wrote was stupid.

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

We have 5 conference titles in a 40 year span, we've hired shit coaches after shit coaches since Akers. 

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

"Pure mediocrity at best".

Perhaps you need to take a TOEFL prep course?

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

the 5 year span was greatness....the rest was filled with getting the shit kicked out of us by OU.

keep-going-popcorn.gif

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Oh you were happy with Mack, pre vince? 
You were happy with McWilliams?

You were happy with Mackovic?

You were happy with Charlie Strong?

You were happy with Tom Herman?

Are you currently happy with Seven Loss Steve?

Just like rockethorn, you are moron. Nobody is happy with the football results over the last 10 years. 

Your argument that "Texas has been mediocre outside of 5 years since 1983" was moronic but nobody gives a shit in this thread. You do realize that Texas fans can be happy about results in all the other sports and want better in football correct? 

JFC, you do this in every thread. You have 100 other threads where you are already doing this shit. 

• Like 2

Just like rockethorn, you are moron. Nobody is happy with the football results over the last 10 years. 

Your argument that "Texas has been mediocre outside of 5 years since 1983" was moronic but nobody gives a shit in this thread. You do realize that Texas fans can be happy about results in all the other sports and want better in football correct? 

JFC, you do this in every thread. You have 100 other threads where you are already doing this shit. 

5 conference titles in 40 years, let that sink in.

Outside of Vince and Mack making the 05-09 run is mediocracy 

People wanted mack fired before that run too, let that sink in.

Texas football fans vs University of Texas fans

Big difference 

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Js1 said:

Texas football fans vs University of Texas fans

Big difference 

The funny thing is rockethorn and burntorange&white have never sniffed the Texas campus. 

I'm not saying you have to be a Longhorn graduate to be a good fan but it's always funny when these types mock the other sports or go on rants like this. Just shut the fuck up. 

• Hook 'Em 4

You're not wrong,..5 CCs in 40 years is almost aggy-bad but Mack absolutely deserved to be fired by the end.  He brought Texas football back to the mountain top, briefly,  and then promptly killed it again. 

But, seriously, congrats to the rest of our athletic program.  

Edited by DigglerontheHoof

You're still missing the point which is not surprising at all.