Texas has won the 2021-2022 Directors Cup

GreenspointTexas

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The funny thing is rockethorn and burntorange&white have never sniffed the Texas campus. 

I'm not saying you have to be a Longhorn graduate to be a good fan but it's always funny when these types mock the other sports or go on rants like this. Just shut the fuck up. 

That figures.  This makes much more sense now.

My kid didn't go to UT, but he is the absolute best kind of UT fan.  He gets excited for our successes across the board and enjoys going to games of all types.  Yeah, he's frustrated at football, but takes a lot of joy in us kicking ass all over the place in other sports.

It's probably because I didn't raise him to be a miserable cunt.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It's mainly just two posters (rockethorn and burntorange&white) who act this way in every thread. If you had to guess which two posters would act like miserable assholes in this thread those two would have been the top choices. 

Burntorange&white's avatar keeps him off ignore. Rockethorn has no such redeeming qualities.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

That figures.  This makes much more sense now.

My kid didn't go to UT, but he is the absolute best kind of UT fan.  He gets excited for our successes across the board and enjoys going to games of all types.  Yeah, he's frustrated at football, but takes a lot of joy in us kicking ass all over the place in other sports.

It's probably because I didn't raise him to be a miserable cunt.

That's fair. I just always find it funny morons that have never stepped foot on campus are so quick to mock the accomplishments of athletes that went to Texas.  

If all you care about is football that's fine. Just stay out of threads bitching about the accomplishments of other sports. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

You’re such a pussy and can’t let anyone have a differing opinion than you can you. Are you a tampons or maxi pad guy? Sounds like a tampon guy to me. 

I believe you are correct. For him, it's all about the insertion, not the protection. Absorb later.

29 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Oh you were happy with Mack, pre vince? 
You were happy with McWilliams?

You were happy with Mackovic?

You were happy with Charlie Strong?

You were happy with Tom Herman?

Are you currently happy with Seven Loss Steve?

At least McWilliams won a conference title and Mackovic won 3 straight conference titles so.... also he set the tone for Nebraska becoming our bitch.  

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Hey guys, don't worry we're the new Stanford! Hopefully that directors cup success prepares us for football in the SEC.

You seem to fear the SEC. They ain't all that! Just like every conference, they have a handful of great teams, a handful of average/ride the median teams, and a handful of teams that suck. We'll be fine. Plus, over the last few years the Longhorns always play well against high ranked competition. 

12 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I’d give that up to go 10-2 in football. 

So you'd give up national championships in other sports to have a football season that doesn't even result in a playoff spot? Basically a Herman Sugar Bowl year?

Please, continue to regale us with your wisdom.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Texas went 52-11 from 2000-2004. That is objectively not mediocre. I know I know, losses to OU, a CCG meltdown and a bad bowl game. Regardless, this was not a mediocre 5-year span. 

Unless you root for a team named Alabama, Georgia, or Clemson, i would guess that the past 10-12 years of football hasn't been very fun for you.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

So you'd give up national championships in other sports to have a football season that doesn't even result in a playoff spot? Basically a Herman Sugar Bowl year?

Please, continue to regale us with your wisdom.

Depends on the sport.  Men's basketball and baseball, no.  Everything else, absolutely.

13 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

With the Golf national title tonight, Texas has done enough to secure their second Directors Cup title in two years.

Where is a good website to see this?  I googled, and all I found was this: https://nacda.com/documents/2022/4/6/April7Overall.pdf

However, it hasnt been updated in almost 2 months. 

Just now, markstanco said:

Where is a good website to see this?  I googled, and all I found was this: https://nacda.com/documents/2022/4/6/April7Overall.pdf

However, it hasnt been updated in almost 2 months. 

Guys who follow the cup did the calcuations last night and its impossible for any other school to win

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Unless you root for a team named Alabama, Georgia, or Clemson, i would guess that the past 10-12 years of football hasn't been very fun for you.

Ohio State makes that list.  

Hell, LSU & Auburn won titles in that timeframe, too, but haven't been as consistent as the other four.

11 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

It astounds me how some Texas fans are programmed to understate our own fucking history.

They expect us to be Bama, all the time, ignoring the fact that Bama hasn't even been Bama all the time.  They've had long dry spells, too.

We were really fucking good in the decade from '00-'09.  Really should have had 3 national championships.  And the Big 12 Championship to prevent Nebraska going full dynasty was a big deal.  And the Shock the Nation Tour was still a great season even if ended horribly.

Saying that we've been mediocre since 1983 is so wrong that it has to be trolling.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

"One good year surrounded by mediocrity"

I'm not sure what you're getting at.  Here, look at it this way:

Over the past 12 seasons, Georgia is 122-39 with one national title.  Ohio State is 135-21 over that same time frame, also with one national title.

Edited by jimmyjazz

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

We've won 4 National Championships this year and have legit shots at more.  Not a lot of schools have had years like this - ever.

Awesome!

Stop trying to make this thread about aggy.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ATexanAbroad said:

The same people that are really excited for our chess team, are the same people who want good kids to play for mack brown, are the same people for which Texas has a soft as culture. Nobody cares about golf and rowing. Win at football. 

One of the dumbest things I've ever read which is really saying something. 

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, ATexanAbroad said:

The same people that are really excited for our chess team, are the same people who want good kids to play for mack brown, are the same people for which Texas has a soft as culture. Nobody cares about golf and rowing. Win at football. 

So, you never break 90 because you're not soft, right?

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Look at the spelling and punctuation. It's not a coincidence that the posters who think football is the only thing that matters are typically the same ones who couldn't get into Texas even when it was much easier to get into Texas. 

Relative importance can be debated and nearly everyone would agree that football is the most important. But posters who actively shit on all the other athletes at Texas act like dipshits because they usually are. 

Graduated Texas in 2012, was number 3 in my HS class, but thannnnnkkks. 

Edited by ATexanAbroad

4 hours ago, ATexanAbroad said:

gfy-go-fuck-yourself.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/1/2022 at 8:53 PM, Rockethorn1978 said:

I’d give that up to go 10-2 in football. 

UT probably would also.

But that's not how it works. Sucking in other things doesn't make you better at football. If it did we would go o-fer everything.

So instead just be happy about this.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, ATexanAbroad said:

So sucking shit at sports that are not football is all hard and badass? Alright. 

In that case I am the baddest ass hardest mother fucker on the golf course.

Edited by Valmy77

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

So sucking shit at sports that are not football is all hard and badass? Alright. 

In that case I am the baddest ass hardest mother fucker on the golf course.

its not that its hard or badass. Nobody gives a fuck. Nobody gives a fuck you play golf. Nobody gives a fuck that we have good rowers.

• Fuck You 8

Nobody gives a fuck that you don’t give a fuck about anything but football.  There are plenty of threads where you can shit on all other sports.  Please go fuck up one of them.  This is an accomplishment that reflects well upon the University.  I’m sorry that you can’t just accept that and move on.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1