Texas has won the 2021-2022 Directors Cup

GreenspointTexas

15 minutes ago, Deej said:

Well, ATexanAbroad is really stupid and/or an aggy sock. Those definitely aren't mutually exclusive. 

He’s also the same guy who makes fun US cities for being really dangerous while simultaneously bragging about having been robbed multiple times in South America.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Pancho said:

Some of y’all are so fucking dumb.

You can be happy and celebrate Texas winning the Director’s Cup and still be angry that football sucks ass. Those things aren’t mutually exclusive.

It's a small minority. A few posters that are either aggy or really stupid as mentioned above. Most Longhorn fans are celebrating the success of the athletic department. 

It's similar to the fire David Pierce crowd. Go to any Longhorn game at the Disch and 99% of the fans are supportive of Pierce. You are always going to experience a few loud and stupid fans online. 

2 minutes ago, ATexanAbroad said:

You guys have changed my mind. I’m super excited for womens rowing now. I now realize how valuable they are to the imagine of our school.  Thanks for helping me. 

There is no chance you graduated from Texas or the top of your high school class. 

I'm not convinced you can even read. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It doesn’t matter if he graduated at the top of his high school class, or even if he can spell or read.  The only important thing is whether or not his high school won state in football.

Does it? Unless you’re one of these Westlake weirdos nobody gives a fuck about high school. 

enjoy talking to bama and ou fans about how awesome our quidditch team is, totally makes us a legit program in their eyes. 

1 minute ago, ATexanAbroad said:

Does it? Unless you’re one of these Westlake weirdos nobody gives a fuck about high school. 

enjoy talking to bama and ou fans about how awesome our quidditch team is, totally makes us a legit program in their eyes. 

Who gives a fuck what Alabama or OU fans think? You're wildly insecure.  You're also a fucking idiot.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

Who gives a fuck what Alabama or OU fans think? You're wildly insecure.  You're also a fucking idiot.

I don’t give a fuck what they think, reading comprehension. Football is the most visible sport. Winning a bunch of non rev sports doesn’t matter. The brand is Football and we have sucked. When at football first and then everything else becomes a bragging right. Why is this so hard for you sweetheart? 

I don’t give a fuck what they think, reading comprehension. Football is the most visible sport. Winning a bunch of non rev sports doesn’t matter. The brand is Football and we have sucked. When at football first and then everything else becomes a bragging right. Why is this so hard for you sweetheart? 

Top of your class spelling at it again. 

• Haha 1

Holy shit you're stupid.  I always thought Hugo was the biggest dumbfuck on this site, but you make him look like a damn genius.

You're the one that is worried about whether or not Texas is "a legit program in their eyes."  Those are your words, idiot.  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

BO&W is a Longhorn but I have my doubts this moron is a Longhorn. 

He's also been in the recruiting threads mocking commitments in football. As was already mentioned, he posts like an aggy. He also can't spell which is another good sign he's an aggy. 

Bet me right now, we can get other posters involved. You want to talk shit but you won’t back it up. Stop saying I didn’t go to Texas or back up your accusations. You’re a pussy. 

On 6/4/2022 at 3:28 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Soccer, for sure.  We were supposed to launch a team a while back.  As my son made his way up through club soccer, he spent some time with Austin's Rangers.  His coach had played club soccer for UT, but had been recruited to play for a new varsity program.  By the time he got to campus as a freshman, those plans had been scuttled.  He ultimately decided he'd rather have a degree from UT and play club soccer than a degree from some other D1 program in Texas (which is limited to SMU, Houston Baptist, Incarnate Word, and UT-RGV). 

There are a ton of great HS soccer players in Texas and very slim pickings in terms of D1 programs.

Yup! Ain't that the truth. Nephew is in that predicament. He plays club soccer, but there aren't many D1 soccer schools in Texas which is sad due to the fact that soccer is huge in this state. My brother said that if he wants to play D1 in college he's looking towards the Pac 12 or east coast (although we're encouraging him to look at SMU so we can attend all his home games). Niece also plays club, but could play for UT since we have a women's soccer team. 

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Yup! Ain't that the truth. Nephew is in that predicament. He plays club soccer, but there aren't many D1 soccer schools in Texas which is sad due to the fact that soccer is huge in this state. My brother said that if he wants to play D1 in college he's looking towards the Pac 12 or east coast (although we're encouraging him to look at SMU so we can attend all his home games). Niece also plays club, but could play for UT since we have a women's soccer team. 

What MLS Next and ECNL clubs do they play for?

On 6/6/2022 at 12:09 PM, SL Xpress said:

Well, I get that part. I just don’t understand why someone can’t be angry about football and also be thrilled Texas is winning in other sports. Is it the same as winning in football? Absolutely not. My greatest moment as a sports fan was the 2005 national championship, never to be equaled. I knew in that moment that will always be my favorite moment as a sports fan in my lifetime, no matter how long I live. 

I also know my worst period as a sports fan has been the football program from 1984 to 1997, and now 2010 to 2021, with the outlier of the Sugar Bowl win in 2018. Even the 1990 Shock the Nation tour was punctuated by that miserable game in the Cotton Bowl. The three consecutive conference wins, including James Brown limping to victory against the Aggies and Roll Left, were fine moments, but not something to hang your hat on when you grew up expecting Texas dominance, especially with the way the seasons ended. 

Even 2018 was empty given it looked like it was a good season to build upon, but turned out the foundation was made of sand. 

There’s a lot of bitterness to go around. I’m not alone. For those of you who have more mental balance, good for you. It’s absolutely asinine that Texas can be this bad in football. It boggles the mind. 

What also boggles the mind is an inability to be excited at our program’s successes, or somehow think the cause of football’s failures are linked to non revenue sports’ excellence. No, they just keep hiring shitty coaches. That’s the issue. It’s not complicated. 

I started at UT in 1984, so those years basically set my expectations.  The early aughts were a lot of fun, other than not quite getting there, but the "reversion to mean," meaning my mean, plus aging out of being a fanatical fan, just makes me meh the whole thing.

Because we sucked during my "formative years," I have never donated to the LHF, only to the university at large and ME department and am more gratified by the overall success of the university than that of the football team.  I've always probably been a bigger UT baseball fan as a result.

12 hours ago, ATexanAbroad said:

Bet me right now, we can get other posters involved. You want to talk shit but you won’t back it up. Stop saying I didn’t go to Texas or back up your accusations. You’re a pussy. 

Why don't you just prove it without a bet. You know and we know you won't pay up, aggy. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

I was in the same boat.  I decided to hang up the cleats and get a better education.  Shitty that with men's soccer you have to make that decision.  There were a bunch of just average women's soccer players that got at least partial scholarships.

15 hours ago, ATexanAbroad said:

And yet, the brand is still the most valuable in college sports.

13 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

I hope your niece and nephew are really good at soccer. 

On 6/15/2022 at 7:34 PM, ATexanAbroad said:

I don't give a fuck what bama and ou fans think about our program, the Warriors winning the title or the price of tea in China.  I don't care about those people and don't value their opinions.

20 sports and 18 placed in the top 32.  Half were 1st or 2nd.

4 titles-men's golf, men's indoor track, women's tennis, women's rowing

6 runnerups-men's outdoor track, men's swimming., women's outdoor track, women's swimming, softball, women's indoor track

3 elite 8-baseball,women's volleyball, women's basketball

1 sweet 16-men's tennis

13th women's golf

14th men's cross country

round of 32-men's basketball, women's soccer.

The black sheep-Women's cross-country just missed nationals, finishing 3rd in South Central regional and then one's men's sport whose name shall not be mentioned stayed at home during bowl season.

Maybe we need a football team the athletics department can be proud of?

• Hook 'Em 4

On 6/20/2022 at 5:47 PM, bullet said:

20 sports and 18 placed in the top 32.  Half were 1st or 2nd.

4 titles-men's golf, men's indoor track, women's tennis, women's rowing

6 runnerups-men's outdoor track, men's swimming., women's outdoor track, women's swimming, softball, women's indoor track

3 elite 8-baseball,women's volleyball, women's basketball

1 sweet 16-men's tennis

13th women's golf

14th men's cross country

round of 32-men's basketball, women's soccer.

The black sheep-Women's cross-country just missed nationals, finishing 3rd in South Central regional and then one's men's sport whose name shall not be mentioned stayed at home during bowl season.

Maybe we need a football team the athletics department can be proud of?

Great information. 

My daughter was recruited in cross country and distance events. Most of the top track programs do not allocate many scholarships (if any) to distance runners. Sprinters and hurdlers are the best way to maximize points at the NCAA championships so that's why the top programs allocate scholarship money focused on those runners. 

The fact Texas has built a top 15 distance program on the men's side might be the most remarkable result out of all those listed. It also indicates that Texas is utilizing NIL because it's the only way Texas could be getting some of the caliber runners they are in distance events. 

• Hook 'Em 1