Your pros and cons of various faucet brands?

I was just curious about the experience of others.  Mostly I have gone with two brands, Price Pfister and Delta.  But I am curious about your experiences with other brands, especially from a durability and service perspective.   Now I see so many different brands and styles of stuff that I like but the brands are obscure and I figure if something goes wrong over time it's a 100% replacement cost. 

I like Delta mainly for Shower Faucet installations as the tend to build their future products to be compatible with the existing behind the wall internal valves.  So if I want to change the appearance later I can easily do that because of this compatibility.  The only customer service interaction I had was some missing parts that they replaced for free.  I think I had to pay for a replacement part later that got damaged.  I also like that there are a fair amount of compatible products like towel bars and toilet paper holders to complete a makeover pretty easy.

In the past I have bought Price Pfister simply because I liked the style of the faucets for the kitchen and bath sinks.  Past that I knew nothing.  But what I will say about Price Pfister is their service after the fact is some of the best I have experienced.  When they say "lifetime warranty" they really mean it.  I have needed to order things like a replacement o ring, and they send me the entire valve with new cartridge inserts free of charge.  They even sent me a brand new unit on a discontinued  Kitchen faucet model that broke after like 8 years.  So if I like the style I have been drifting towards them, but styles like with any line are limited.

What are your experiences, especially from an after the sale and durability perspective?  When I go to faucets direct or build.com websites there as so many brands that I just don't know what is a good brand, and what is shit.  Though I do like some of the styling.  Any brands you particularly like or dislike?

Our plumber likes delta. House was built with Kohler.  We were forced into a master shower remodel about 8 years in, and they sent the entire bathroom kit for free.  Our shower has 4 wall jets, normal head, and overhead rain head.  They sent it all. It was several thousand (retail) dollars.  Thought that was pretty damn cool. 

We bought our house last summer and it has upgraded Pfister faucets throughout. Within a year the kitchen and mini bar faucets have failed. The kitchen faucet just stopped working. No hot or cold water. Blowing out the lines with compressed air made no difference.  Our mini bar faucet had a slow leak where the hot and cold water is blended (whatever that parts called). We only discovered it after enough water damage had already occurred to the cabinet. Ended up going with Kohler for both but I’ve only had them for a few months so can’t speak to the longevity. I will be getting rid of all the Pfister faucets in the coming months though.

Edited by Chilly Water

Kohler has the best customer service. Service plumbers love Delta and Moen because 95% of new construction uses those two brands. I’ve had Kohler in houses for years and never had issues. Similar to fatty I had Kohler send us a jet for our master tub for free on house built in 2011 last year. 

I’ve used Moen, Delta, and Pfister in previous and current installs. For me Moen and Delta are basically the same in terms of quality and longevity, just comes down to preference. All my Pfister installs had quality issues. From a wobbly handle on a shower that wasn’t adjustable to a bar faucet that bit the dust about 3 months after install with limited use. Current house is all Delta save the kitchen sink, which is Moen. We liked the no-touch design better than Delta’s.