Liverpool FC 2022-2023: And Now Jurgen Believe Us

maninblack

9 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

bingo. 

what the fuck role is his playing on this? Some kind of 2nd grade sweeper?

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/joel-matip-own-goal-gives-wolves-flying-start-v-liverpool

That was exactly what I was talking about. Where the fuck is he going? You can even see Andy trying to figure out what the line needs to be because Gomez is no where 

The lack of production is depressing. I'm not shocked that our defense is terrible without Konate and VvD. But to get nothing up front and not even really be a threat is more worrisome. Klopp doesn't seem to know how to get anything out of the existing parts any longer. We haven't score an EPL goal since Brentford on 1/2. 3 matches without any goals and in none of those games did it feel like we were threatening. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The lack of production is depressing. I'm not shocked that our defense is terrible without Konate and VvD. But to get nothing up front and not even really be a threat is more worrisome. Klopp doesn't seem to know how to get anything out of the existing parts any longer. We haven't score an EPL goal since Brentford on 1/2. 3 matches without any goals and in none of those games did it feel like we were threatening. 

It all comes down to the midfield. We don’t create any real chances for the forwards. It’s either they beat someone for pace or take a man off the dribble. 

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Gomez is atrocious. 

FIFY

Naby fucking sucks

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Sa brought that ball out right?! How’s that get missed 

It’s also amazing how much holding people get to do on Mo with no calls

That’s what it looked like to me at least. Had hands still on the ball a good 1-2 yards outside of it.

Edited by LonghornJudas

On 2/4/2023 at 10:55 AM, hobbes2702 said:

What’s the winning strategy with no midfielders and no CBs?

I can tell you that it's not "send everyone forward and Inshallah". The thing that worked for us in the past was that we defended with a high line. We basically cut the pitch in half and didn't need a transitional midfield because our defenders could pass directly thru the midfield or to the wingbacks. Since our defense has gone to shit and we don't possess the ball, it's not working. Having better players would help, but the system is flawed right now. Fuck it, go to a 4-4-2 and start from scratch.