Liverpool FC 2022-2023: And Now Jurgen Believe Us

maninblack

Put it on the fucking goal. Jesus dude.

Just now, Bodowned said:

Never seen a worse finisher than Nunez in my entire life. If this is how he looks throughout his tenure, this will have been a disaster.

His finishing sucks but he is elite in chance creation. I mean world wide elite. At some point the finishing will improve and it won’t take much improvement for that to mean a lot of goals

4 hours ago, Bodowned said:

Never seen a worse finisher than Nunez in my entire life. If this is how he looks throughout his tenure, this will have been a disaster.

He has a goal every 122' in the PL, a goal every 94' in the Champions League. 

Tell me you've never seen Ryan Babel play without telling me you've never seen Ryan Babel play.

21 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

He has a goal every 122' in the PL, a goal every 94' in the Champions League. 

Tell me you've never seen Ryan Babel play without telling me you've never seen Ryan Babel play.

He has 14 big chances missed for Liverpool in all competitions and he’s only started 11 matches. Just because he scores goals amidst large periods of wastefulness does not relieve him of the title of bad finisher. He’s young, and I’m optimistic he improves. But he’s the opposite of clinical right now and his price tag + the current status of the club and its personnel means we can’t afford him doing what he did today and expect to win.

12 hours ago, Bodowned said:

He has 14 big chances missed for Liverpool in all competitions and he’s only started 11 matches. Just because he scores goals amidst large periods of wastefulness does not relieve him of the title of bad finisher. He’s young, and I’m optimistic he improves. But he’s the opposite of clinical right now and his price tag + the current status of the club and its personnel means we can’t afford him doing what he did today and expect to win.

In the PL, Darwin has 8 big chances missed. Salah has 10. Darwin has 5 goals, Mo has 6. For context, Gabriel Jesus has 11 big chances missed and 5 goals. Have yet to hear a pundit do anything except sing his praises about how he's the most important signing for Arsenal in a decade. 

Getting into positions where you get big chances is more than half the battle. His finishing will get sharper. I'd be far more worried if he wasn't getting any chances at all.

The Jesus buzz has cooled since the first two months (rightfully so) because of his cold spell. The Salah comparison is not apples-to-apples; Salah has played 1232 minutes in the EPL this season to Darwin’s 610. He’s played over twice as many minutes and most of his shots / touches come from much tougher positions due to his proximity to the touchline. Darwin is getting in great positions, but to pretend that he’s lived up to his transfer bill thus far would be disingenuous because positioning =/= goals. We’ll see how the second half unfolds and if he can get into consistent form.