Chelsea 2022-2023: America... fuck yeah?

ztejas

Okay, can someone explain to me exactly how they reviewed the previous play and saw a red card foul and Tottenham were still allowed to take the corner that resulted from the previous play?
That can't possibly be right.

They didn’t review it though. They paused to consider a review and ultimately didn’t.

4 minutes ago, RichUT said:

They didn’t review it though. They paused to consider a review and ultimately didn’t.

I mean, if you grab his shirt and throw him to the ground, it's a foul and the play is dead.

It's the same thing if you grab his hair and throw him to the ground, except you also get to go take a shower for the assault.

I'm not sure what the defense can possibly be.  You can't say you didn't see if when you delayed the game that long to look at the replays.

I want my two hours back.  Fuck.

Edited by TexArcher

I mean, if you grab his shirt and throw him to the ground, it's a foul and the play is dead.
It's the same thing if you grab his hair and throw him to the ground, except you also get to go take a shower for the assault.
I'm not sure what the defense can possibly be.  You can't say you didn't see if when you delayed the game that long to look at the replays.
I want my two hours back.  Fuck.

It’s horse shit for sure. Watch him get disciplined after the fact, which does fuck all to make up for those 2 dropped points.
  • Rage+1 1

21 hours ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

Did Bentancur not get the ball on Havertz? There was only one angle that you could see the ball change.

Romero hair pull was indefensible.

He did get the ball, but I thought he went through Havertz's foot to get it.  From that stream (thanks for sharing) it's hard to tell I suppose...

19 hours ago, morehornsepower said:

He did get the ball, but I thought he went through Havertz's foot to get it.  From that stream (thanks for sharing) it's hard to tell I suppose...

There were 3 big calls

- Betancur on Havertz - I was OK with this not being a foul as I thought he barely got the ball but could only tell after seeing the right replay angle

- Richarlison - I thought he we clearly offsides and blocking Mendy's view. Tottenham supporters will see it differently. A bad call in my eyes, but I do see how it could go either way

- Romero - that was a clear red, no doubt about it. Not many in the UK (outside of Spurs) are disagreeing that it was a red

• Hook 'Em 1

Whether it was a foul or not Kai needs to be less of a cunt about it and finish sitters in front of a wide open net. 

That 2 points was a punch in the dick but this is still one of three teams that has any shot at keeping up with City. We just need to iron some stuff out more quickly than might be optimal with a pretty new roster. Our depth on the wings (wbs) is much improved and Sterling seems to be a nice addition. Pulisic either needs to be worked in (I'm assuming he will be) or sold at this point. He, Kai and Raheem should be splitting minutes (maybe throw in Broja at the 9) afaic with Mount being the only locked-in 1st teamer at the wing. 

(and I'd be saying that regardless of who was starting or coming off the bench)

Edited by ztejas

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Whether it was a foul or not Kai needs to be less of a cunt about it and finish sitters in front of a wide open net. 

That 2 points was a punch in the dick but this is still one of three teams that has any shot at keeping up with City. We just need to iron some stuff out more quickly than might be optimal with a pretty new roster. Our depth on the wings (wbs) is much improved and Sterling seems to be a nice addition. Pulisic either needs to be worked in (I'm assuming he will be) or sold at this point. He, Kai and Raheem should be splitting minutes (maybe throw in Broja at the 9) afaic with Mount being the only locked-in 1st teamer at the wing. 

(and I'd be saying that regardless of who was starting or coming off the bench)

Kai feels just average

Looks like some movement coming up.

In - Cesare Casadei (Inter super youth) for 15-20m, Auba for 22m

On Hold - De Jong, Fofana

Out - CHO loan, Emerson was to be sold to West Ham but on hold, Alonso all but heading to Barca likely pending Auba

Who the fuck knows - Pulisic.

I feel like Pulisic is in an abusive relationship with Tuchel. Is there a women's shelter we can send him to?

"Hey... Thomas... I was just thinking maybe I could start -"

"WHAT? WHAT DID YOU SAY?"

"N-nothing... I'm sorry."

"Yeah. I thought so. Go sit on the bench and study this false-9 technique. Bitch."

Edited by ztejas

4 hours ago, MoJames said:

Out - CHO loan, Emerson was to be sold to West Ham but on hold, Alonso all but heading to Barca likely pending Auba

Begging GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

3 minutes ago, sidis said:

so no more gordon efforts for you guys?

With Auba heating up Gordon has cooled way down. I don't think we go after both, specifically with Broja apparently staying. And our interactions with players and Barca has gone as planned, so I'm certain Auba won't randomly fall through.

VAR admits error in hair-pulling.  Gee, I feel better... :(

https://www.espn.com/soccer/chelsea-engchelsea/story/4724805/video-assistant-referee-mike-dean-admits-error-in-missed-marc-cucurella-hair-pull

Spoiler

Mike Dean, the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) in the Premier League match between Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur, said on Thursday he made the wrong call when Spurs' Cristian Romero pulled Marc Cucurella's hair.

The foul was not given by on-field referee Anthony Taylor and Spurs profited as they scored a last-gasp equaliser to earn a point from a 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel criticised Taylor and Dean and Cucurella said it was "very clear" Romero's action was a red card offence.

"I could not award a free kick as VAR, but I could recommend to Taylor that he visit the referee review area to consider a possible red card," Dean wrote in a column for The Mail+. "In the few seconds I had to study Romero pulling Cucurella's hair, I didn't deem it a violent act.

"I've since studied the footage, spoken to other referees and, upon reflection, I should have asked Taylor to visit his pitch-side monitor to take a look for himself. The referee on field always has the final say."

7 hours ago, MoJames said:

Well and now this. Honestly thought he was going to play a big role this season.

On 8/15/2022 at 9:20 AM, morehornsepower said:

It doesn’t matter if he “got the ball”.  The law of the game says nothing about that being okay. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjqqv7_kNf5AhViLzQIHSSABecQFnoECA4QBQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.referee.com%2Fassessing-the-legality-of-tackles%2F%23%3A~%3Atext%3DDuring%20the%20ground%20challenge%2C%20assessing%2Cthis%20potential%20foul%20or%20misconduct.&usg=AOvVaw12FQwjYhko7iHQyBTT5ex3

We're gonna be lucky to find a point today boys. 

I will say Leeds faded last week - we'll have our chances in the 2H. Just can't let them put another one in. 

Aaaaaand so much for that. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Gallagher over Kante is really fucking us in the ass out there today. Just a terrible game for Tuchel to make that change. 

Didn't N'Golo tweak his hammy against Spurs, tho?

Yeah, he's out for "weeks" now.  Hopefully it's just three or four for a hamstring pull.

Edited by TexArcher

I'm worried that Tuchel has been given a blank check and lower expectations from management and is starting to lose the plot. This team to my eye is lacking chemistry and direction. I'm not sure what the vision is. City's going to hang 90+ again and we're nowhere near being able to do that. What the fuck anyone thinks Anthony Gordon is going to fix I haven't the slightest. 

I blame Putin. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Devil's advocate: had we not been ass fucked out of two points against Spurs, would we be freaking out?  Leeds might be a top-half-of-the-table side and it was a road match.  Tuchel won a Champions League and went deep in another.  We were in both domestic cup finals last year and finished 3rd and we had roster issues then, too.  If we had 6 points on the table instead of 4 right now, would anyone be questioning Tuchel?

I'm not making a statement here.  But these seem like fair questions?

Edited by TexArcher

• ztejas changed the title to Chelsea 2022-2023: America... fuck yeah?