Chelsea 2022-2023: America... fuck yeah?

ztejas

8 hours ago, MoJames said:

Feeling Season 9 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Your club looks like shit for an extended stretch. The manager is questioned. The ownership is questioned.

You win a massive game to advance in the Champion's league. 

You steady the ship with a 1-0, 3 points at home in the PL.

Then, in the next game, you're up 2-1 late and sub on Christian Pulisic. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Welp, good try.  I was probably asking for too much.  You can't expect to beat the #11 side in the EPL just because you spent Spain's GDP on players.  Winning is hard.  I hate football anyway.

If it makes you feel any better these matches don't really matter. We aren't catching the 4th spot and we aren't getting relegated. I think we qualify for Europa through CL already?

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

If it makes you feel any better these matches don't really matter. We aren't catching the 4th spot and we aren't getting relegated. I think we qualify for Europa through CL already?

Yes, fair enough, but it would be encouraging if these guys started to look like they've known each other longer than the last hour.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Yes, fair enough, but it would be encouraging if these guys started to look like they've known each other longer than the last hour.

I agree. The club has overall felt soulless and disinterested since Roman left. Not sure what the answer is. I don't think Potter is a bad manager. 

Nags is terrible. You should hope you don’t bring him in. 

he tinkers and tries to create some sort of identity that doesn’t work at top tier clubs. You can’t sub off and change the formation every week at the top level.

he’s a great mid table coach for someone trying to punch above their weight.

I guess you should hire him them, that is what you are without Russian Oligarch blood money.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, KennyPowders said:

Nags is terrible. You should hope you don’t bring him in. 

he tinkers and tries to create some sort of identity that doesn’t work at top tier clubs. You can’t sub off and change the formation every week at the top level.

he’s a great mid table coach for someone trying to punch above their weight.

I guess you should hire him them, that is what you are without Russian Oligarch blood money.

michael GIF

Edited by ztejas
  • Haha 1

I don't understand the point of canning Potter if we're going to bring in an interim until we hire someone else. We aren't playing for anything in the PL and were actually doing pretty well in the CL under GP. 

I mean how many fucking managers do these players need to go through? 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, APMP said:

Can you imagine if Frank leads us to a Champions League victory? We should be HEAVY underdogs the rest of the way, but it would be freaking hilarious if it happened...

I love Lampard...and I hate that he wasn't ready before...but I think he's still not yet ready.  Any sort of uptick in form (especially this scenario above) would put him in the mix for next season...and I'm not ready to see him fail here again.  :/

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, MoJames said:

You'll be happy to know Pulisic didn't make one mistake.

I barely even care how CP plays anymore. Everyone on this team plays like shit anyway. He needs a change of scenery - for both him and the national team. And he isn't invaluable to Chelsea.